Rumoured 8/5 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

Toured GFV yesterday. Some insight and information from the guide:
- Regular kitchenette appliances — but no sink. They are trying to save time and money by not re-doing the plumbing.
-They are doing this conversion on the fast and cheap. No significant construction to alter the rooms. They are just swapping the furniture and decor, adding a microwave and toaster, etc.
-As they aren’t re-configuring any walls, the studios will indeed be larger than the current GFV studios.
-She didn’t expect sale to be announced until 2022.

Personally, I don’t really like this shift away from DVC being a villa towards just being a regular hotel room with a microwave and a sofa/Murphy bed instead of a second queen. Truly starts to feel less like a timeshare and more like simply Pre-paying your hotel room (with loss of housekeeping)
I suspected this was the plan, but was still hoping for a standard DVC studio. So no add on contract for us. :(

I really hope the points for these are less than the studios that are already part of VGF. If they are not, current owners will be facing a lot more competition for the studios and 1 bedrooms in the original building. I can already imagine the complaints and requests to explain "walking". :( :(

Still, I suppose there is still a chance I am wrong. The tower studios at the Riviera are very popular. We'll soon see if that's because there are so few of them or if it's truly the lower cost that people are seeking.

I suspected this was the plan, but was still hoping for a standard DVC studio. So no add on contract for us. :(

I really hope the points for these are less than the studios that are already part of VGF. If they are not, current owners will be facing a lot more competition for the studios and 1 bedrooms in the original building. I can already imagine the complaints and requests to explain "walking". :( :(

Still, I suppose there is still a chance I am wrong. The tower studios at the Riviera are very popular. We'll soon see if that's because there are so few of them or if it's truly the lower cost that people are seeking.

If they don’t have connecting doors like Poly, then we are out as well.

- Regular kitchenette appliances — but no sink. They are trying to save time and money by not re-doing the plumbing.
-They are doing this conversion on the fast and cheap. No significant construction to alter the rooms. They are just swapping the furniture and decor, adding a microwave and toaster, etc.
-As they aren’t re-configuring any walls, the studios will indeed be larger than the current GFV studios.

Personally, I don’t really like this shift away from DVC being a villa towards just being a regular hotel room with a microwave and a sofa/Murphy bed instead of a second queen. Truly starts to feel less like a timeshare and more like simply Pre-paying your hotel room (with loss of housekeeping)
With the timelines that they had been posting I figured this would have to be the route they were going. I'm fine with it and I think it targets the people who have been hesitant due to the room setups of DVC rooms. They essentially want the same hotel rooms they normally get but through DVC. I also think that they might just stay with 2 queen beds instead of the murphy.

With the timelines that they had been posting I figured this would have to be the route they were going. I'm fine with it and I think it targets the people who have been hesitant due to the room setups of DVC rooms. They essentially want the same hotel rooms they normally get but through DVC. I also think that they might just stay with 2 queen beds instead of the murphy.
Hotel rooms at Aulani go quickly. It's all going to come down to the point chart. If the Pine Key rooms are less than the studios, it will probably be OK.

I suspect they will be more points and more in demand than the existing studios. No sink, but they will be noticeably larger.

Hotel rooms at Aulani go quickly. It's all going to come down to the point chart. If the Pine Key rooms are less than the studios, it will probably be OK.
I don't think they will be less than studios. I think there is a market that is willing to pay the cash prices for hotel rooms over what they view as lesser DVC studios especially at a resort like VGF. If they can instead book the same type of room then they would consider buying DVC. Personally I would gladly pay the same points for a hotel room vs a studio especially if the hotel room were larger.

if i recall correctly the current VGF deluxe studios have the split bathrooms with both walk in shower and regular tub/shower... will the new 'resort studios' have that as well? or no, due to planned quick flip?

if i recall correctly the current VGF deluxe studios have the split bathrooms with both walk in shower and regular tub/shower... will the new 'resort studios' have that as well? or no, due to planned quick flip?
I'd guess no....but larger living space. All guesses right now of course.

This doesn't seem like good new for existing VGF owners at all, I really hope those hotel studios are less points than the current ones. Really kinda pissed they are doing this now, even if direct points drop below $255/point.

This doesn't seem like good new for existing VGF owners at all, I really hope those hotel studios are less points than the current ones. Really kinda pissed they are doing this now, even if direct points drop below $255/point.
Am trying to look on the bright side, though, as a current owner. First, I’ve wanted to add on additional points for months, but the resale cost is astronomical and my UY of March is impossible to find. Second, I think the direct price will be more in line with Riviera, since historically new resorts are priced similarly. So, there’s good savings to be had.
We stay in one bedrooms, and I really don’t think availability will be reduced. The point cost is just too high and, clearly, Disney thinks the demand will be for studios.
Am really missing some more good rumors here! And thank you havoc315 for all the useful intel!

I suspect they will be more points and more in demand than the existing studios. No sink, but they will be noticeably larger.

I can’t see them being more points. That will put pressure on current studios. I suspect they will be the same point chart and it will end up like AKL

Am trying to look on the bright side, though, as a current owner. First, I’ve wanted to add on additional points for months, but the resale cost is astronomical and my UY of March is impossible to find. Second, I think the direct price will be more in line with Riviera, since historically new resorts are priced similarly. So, there’s good savings to be had.
We stay in one bedrooms, and I really don’t think availability will be reduced. The point cost is just too high and, clearly, Disney thinks the demand will be for studios.
Am really missing some more good rumors here! And thank you havoc315 for all the useful intel!
I've really can't look on the brighter side of Disney anymore, with everything that has been either eliminated and/or had an additional fee added to it. This is just another money grab by the company, I really hope it falls flat and take much longer to sell out. We were looking forward to adding some additional VGF points, but after the Genie+ announcement will be holding off, or not purchase anymore.

Disney use to be our easy vacation with almost everything included and pre-planned. Now with the elimination of the luggage service, air-flights will be a new headache that we have to deal with. Also, Magical Express being eliminated now forces us to have to deal with another company to get back and forth to WDW. With the elimination of FassPasses, we now have to get up each day if we want a chance of getting 1 LL pass at 7 am, instead of getting up early one day 60 days before our trip. We never really looked at our phones that much while in the parks, and now will have to be constantly checking them to see what's available. And with the way Disney IT works, you know this thing will be going down constantly. We bought in 2016/2017 and ever since then things have really only gone down hill. Depending on how are next vacation goes, we might even start selling off points and go every other year or every 3 years.

We have three kids, and having everything included and pre-planned was awesome. Thankfully now my girls are almost big enough to not need us as much anymore to get through the airports, but I feel bad for the families that have younger kids now.

I can’t see them being more points. That will put pressure on current studios. I suspect they will be the same point chart and it will end up like AKL

It’s supply and demand. If they are the same points, that will put more pressure on the new studios: I think most people would rather take a much bigger unit, even if they lose 1 sink.

440 sf compared to 374 sf. I suspect a room that is 18% bigger will demand more points.

Point chart slightly higher will balance the demand.

If you want to compare it to AKL — in fact, the smaller rooms are cheaper “value” on the chart. The regular studios are 365-366sf, the value are 316. So less points for 50 less sf.
If AKL charges fewer points for 50sf, then I suspect GFV will charge less points for 66 less square feet.

I’m expecting it to be priced her than the Riviera. They have been gradually moving away from uniform pricing, so I wouldn’t look at old history as the guide.

But I don’t get the negativity about the GFV expansion. If you really like the 1BR and larger units, it might be a negative for existing owners. There will be far more owners without there being more 1-3BR units.

For those that book studios, this is still good news. Yes, the new studios will lack a kitchen sink. But they will likely have the newest DVC furnishings. (Murphy Beds are much nicer than the sleeper sofas). And these new studios will be significantly bigger than the older studios.

Not excited about the studio only VGF2. I think if they are adding hotel rooms, this should not be in the same association. I don't think I would have originally purchased if they were studio only.
They should have done it like CCV and kept it separate.

Not excited about the studio only VGF2. I think if they are adding hotel rooms, this should not be in the same association. I don't think I would have originally purchased if they were studio only.
They should have done it like CCV and kept it separate.
This is the whole reason we didn't buy Poly at the time (Poly is my favorite resort), it only has studios (Bungalows don't count). We bought VGF for the 1 & 2 bedrooms. Now that it is only going to be hotel rooms and not studio villas, I really wish it was a separate association too.

If you want to compare it to AKL — in fact, the smaller rooms are cheaper “value” on the chart. The regular studios are 365-366sf, the value are 316. So less points for 50 less sf.
If AKL charges fewer points for 50sf, then I suspect GFV will charge less points for 66 less square feet.
But will lack of the kitchenette in the “resort studio” bring the new studios back in line with the current “deluxe studio” point chart?

But will lack of the kitchenette in the “resort studio” bring the new studios back in line with the current “deluxe studio” point chart?

It has the kitchenette— it has the toaster, microwave, dishes, everything except the sink.
So a kitchen sink or an extra 66 square feet. Which is more valuable ?

This is the whole reason we didn't buy Poly at the time (Poly is my favorite resort), it only has studios (Bungalows don't count). We bought VGF for the 1 & 2 bedrooms. Now that it is only going to be hotel rooms and not studio villas, I really wish it was a separate association too.

They aren’t hotel rooms. They are studios, with a kitchenette — just missing the sink.
Hotel rooms are 2 queen beds, this will be a queen plus a Murphy. Hotel rooms only have mini fridge, this will also have toaster, microwave, dishes, etc.

They aren’t hotel rooms. They are studios, with a kitchenette — just missing the sink.
Hotel rooms are 2 queen beds, this will be a queen plus a Murphy. Hotel rooms only have mini fridge, this will also have toaster, microwave, dishes, etc.

I don’t see them being more points, but less . Current studios have the split bath…these will not…that to me is a big difference over the current ones.

Current studios have a second sink…these do not…and both will end up with Murphy beds as VGF is getting the soft goods remodel this fall and like Poly, they will be added.

Yes, these rooms will be larger, but you are getting less amenities for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter