Rumoured 8/5 Date For Start Of VGF2 Sales

I don’t see them being more points, but less . Current studios have the split bath…these will not…that to me is a big difference over the current ones.

Current studios have a second sink…these do not…and both will end up with Murphy beds as VGF is getting the soft goods remodel this fall and like Poly, they will be added.

Yes, these rooms will be larger, but you are getting less amenities for it.
For me, if the newer studios don’t have the kitchenette sink, they will be less desirable. I really hope they are fewer points, or worse case, the same, if they have something that makes them more desirable to others.

So, I hope you are right, Sandi! :)

I don’t see them being more points, but less . Current studios have the split bath…these will not…that to me is a big difference over the current ones.

Current studios have a second sink…these do not…and both will end up with Murphy beds as VGF is getting the soft goods remodel this fall and like Poly, they will be added.

Yes, these rooms will be larger, but you are getting less amenities for it.
I would happily trade the kitchen sink for a bigger room- no problem. However! If there’s only one sink in the bathroom & no split bath- that would be a big deal. :crazy2: Yikes. I hope that’s wrong. I really want to add on with VGF2, but I don’t want to fight the current owners for the older-style studios!! :badpc:

I would happily trade the kitchen sink for a bigger room- no problem. However! If there’s only one sink in the bathroom & no split bath- that would be a big deal. :crazy2: Yikes. I hope that’s wrong. I really want to add on with VGF2, but I don’t want to fight the current owners for the older-style studios!! :badpc:

I agree if the split bath was done, then it lessons the issue of no sink in kitchenette But, if they are not redoing plumbing for that I can’t believe they will be redoing things to offer the split bath.

Thats why I think they will not be more points, but less. Now, I don’t think they will be a lot less…a few points a night…but just can’t see them being more…

I agree if the split bath was done, then it lessons the issue of no sink in kitchenette But, if they are not redoing plumbing for that I can’t believe they will be redoing things to offer the split bath.

Thats why I think they will not be more points, but less. Now, I don’t think they will be a lot less…a few points a night…but just can’t see them being more…
You’re probably right, but wow. They should definitely be less points, if that’s the case. I would also hope they don’t switch out the dresser for a single pull-down bed if there isn’t more bathroom space. That would further differentiate the 2 studio types as well- new studios sleep 4, while older studios sleep 5… which would also make the point difference more clear (& readily accepted). That could work! 🤓

You’re probably right, but wow. They should definitely be less points, if that’s the case. I would also hope they don’t switch out the dresser for a single pull-down bed if there isn’t more bathroom space. That would further differentiate the 2 studio types as well- new studios sleep 4, while older studios sleep 5… which would also make the point difference more clear (& readily accepted). That could work! 🤓
They've already said that the rooms would sleep 5.

I can’t see them being more points. That will put pressure on current studios. I suspect they will be the same point chart and it will end up like AKL

i agree. My guess is these enter at $250 a point. They stopped selling at $255 for the “sold out resort rate” so I don’t know they would start reselling at $201.

Exceptional location with new walking path to magic kingdom, larger studio sq footage, and right on the lake. Presumably also no resale restriction since adding to the same condo association. There is no way these are priced the same as riviera….even if the fridge isn’t great or a dual bathroom situation.

Good point. Though splitting the bath might be less plumbing work. But yes, the logic may suggest no major bathroom re-do.

We may see nothing more than building out shelves and cabinets for a kitchenette, with a furniture and decor swap.

i agree. My guess is these enter at $250 a point. They stopped selling at $255 for the “sold out resort rate” so I don’t know they would start reselling at $201.

Exceptional location with new walking path to magic kingdom, larger studio sq footage, and right on the lake. Presumably also no resale restriction since adding to the same condo association. There is no way these are priced the same as riviera….even if the fridge isn’t great or a dual bathroom situation.
I'm torn on what they will do for price.
On one hand...
With the Deed expiration of 2064 instead of 2070 for Riviera... I think that will knock it down to match or close to Riviera. Sold out rate for a small property (well amount of DVC units) I get it being high but now the supply and demand pendulum swings heavily with millions of new points. Not saying it won't be above Riviera but it could be potentially closer in price given those two factors.
At the same time... they could price it high just to justify a high opening price for Disneyland Tower.

For me, if the newer studios don’t have the kitchenette sink, they will be less desirable. I really hope they are fewer points, or worse case, the same, if they have something that makes them more desirable to others.

So, I hope you are right, Sandi! :)
It could be like a large tower studio. They also do not have a kitchenette sink. Some people love them. Some dine out every meal, so the sink isn’t a big deal for them. We always use the sink, would it be a deal breaker for us, probably not.

@ScubaCat, Thank you for that. :crazy2: I recommend no one else watch it while eating breakfast, though. :teeth:
I'm here to help as always!

Funny - my brain immediately remembered that scene as I scrolled the thread, but I didn't realize Patrick was in it. What a crazy bonus. "Soarin to Shower... You are clear for rinse off"

Anyway, apologies for not waiting until after breakfast. That's all the help I can provide on this topic. I'm sure the kitchenette will be fine... It is GF after all. People do seem to really like the PVB setup so I wouldn't be surprised if it were in the same mold.

It could be like a large tower studio. They also do not have a kitchenette sink. Some people love them. Some dine out every meal, so the sink isn’t a big deal for them. We always use the sink, would it be a deal breaker for us, probably not.
I honestly struggle with the small bar sink making much of any difference in “value”. It’s not like there won’t be a sink in the bathroom and in studios most meals would be microwave/sandwiches anyway. Now split bathrooms have true value if traveling with family.
For us I actually see VGF2 as being mostly when just the wife and I go together for marathon weekends or trips like that. Anything more than 3 nights with both kids in a studio is just too much.

This is the original VGF2 announcement on the DVC member's website:

We are excited to share plans to reimagine one building of existing hotel rooms at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into Disney Vacation Club Villas.
Starting next spring, we plan to convert Big Pine Key (Building 9) at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into approximately 200 Resort Studios, each accommodating up to five people. Featuring the Victorian elegance and charm of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, these new Villas will offer Members luxury accommodations and amenities, with some Villas boasting stunning views of Bay Lake and Magic Kingdom. Projected to open in summer 2022, these new Villas are an expansion of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and will be a part of its current condominium association.
We look forward to sharing more information about the start of sales and rental bookings with our Members at a later date.

I'm baffled. Bay Lake is on the other side of the Contemporary.

The lake in front of VGF2 is Seven Seas Lagoon. Does Disney use different terminology or is this a typo?

Oh I just love this board! I just spent about 40 minutes reading all these posts about how people are going to stop going to Disney because they are charging for Genie + (and detailed analysis about how it’s not worth it when it hasn’t even launched yet) and then come to this thread and read about people (LIKE ME) who can’t wait to spend thousands more at the new VGF LOL!
I can’t wait for the VGF2!

Oh I just love this board! I just spent about 40 minutes reading all these posts about how people are going to stop going to Disney because they are charging for Genie + (and detailed analysis about how it’s not worth it when it hasn’t even launched yet) and then come to this thread and read about people (LIKE ME) who can’t wait to spend thousands more at the new VGF LOL!
I can’t wait for the VGF2!
Me neither! I love VGF2!

This is the original VGF2 announcement on the DVC member's website:

We are excited to share plans to reimagine one building of existing hotel rooms at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into Disney Vacation Club Villas.
Starting next spring, we plan to convert Big Pine Key (Building 9) at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into approximately 200 Resort Studios, each accommodating up to five people. Featuring the Victorian elegance and charm of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, these new Villas will offer Members luxury accommodations and amenities, with some Villas boasting stunning views of Bay Lake and Magic Kingdom. Projected to open in summer 2022, these new Villas are an expansion of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and will be a part of its current condominium association.
We look forward to sharing more information about the start of sales and rental bookings with our Members at a later date.

I'm baffled. Bay Lake is on the other side of the Contemporary.

The lake in front of VGF2 is Seven Seas Lagoon. Does Disney use different terminology or is this a typo?

View attachment 599803
Reminds of the mistake DVC made when they introduced the description of the new Polynesian Resort to include pictures of the bungalows… leading everybody to assume they were booking the bungalow . And complained when they were checked into reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, the 50th anniversary should bring in some healthy crowds…a good VGF2 sales opportunity. Maybe they’ll start selling sooner than we all think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter