Round Trip Pricing out of YYZ to MCO

I usually go in mid-late November and 9/10 times flown WestJet, for mid ~$400s. I like using the grid view to show the cheapest departure/arrival combinations and the alerts through tracking on Google Flights help!

It isn't YYZ, but I'm doing SEA->MCO (direct) at $660 each in May (Alaska Air). Compared to from YVR where the pricing was over 1K, and included 1-2 layovers.

I could have gotten cheaper by doing layovers or are super budget airline, but with grandma and kid, direct was the way to go.

Google Flights is your friend, also sign up for subscriptions through WestJet, Air Canada, etc. You'll get automatic emails whenever they have sales. We're going in April, originally booked for $650/person literally the next day I received an email from WestJet about a sale and was able to book for $350/person. I was able to cancel free because it was within 24 hours and got the new pricing.

Today is the inaugural flight for Lynx Air - YYZ - MCO. They fly Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday - one round trip per day. They have a promo code available right now FlyUSA - 50% off.

I just priced March break… 2 adults and 2 children.. round trip with seat selection each way, 4 pieces of carry on luggage each way (1 each). Round trip all taxes and fees - $1422.04 CDN or $355.51 per person. Not bad. Flight times are not bad either. 7am ish departure down and 1:45pm ish departure return.

Not sure how long the promo code is good for but it’s working today 😊

Last edited:
I just looked them (Lynx) up. Certainly no frills. But I do like that the seats do not recline.

I paid 550 last November, about 5 months out from departure. That was with bags and included. Plus it was only 97 dollars to upgrade to premium economy on check-in. I paid 990 to fly to Denver over New Years. But this is the big kicker. I just booked a Mumbai to Singapore and Singapore to Sydney flight for next October on Singapore Airlines in business class for 1800 dollars. This is two 6hr+ flights on one of the premier airlines, flying their flagship A380s in business. Air Canada Premium Rouge (not even the main line's business product) is 1665 for my dates in November. For as much flying time as just Mumbai to Singapore.

I usually go in mid-late November and 9/10 times flown WestJet, for mid ~$400s. I like using the grid view to show the cheapest departure/arrival combinations and the alerts through tracking on Google Flights help!
Also planning a trip this Nov. HOw long before do you find is the best time to find the cheapest deals?

We used to always fly WJ but since covid started they always seem to be much more expensive than AC for our dates. For our August trip the cheapest WJ option for 4 was over $3,500. AC ended up being a little over $1,600 and we don't have to take a 7 am flight.

Hi, we are planning a Florida trip for Dec 2023 and I am seeing some crazy high prices for flights from Toronto already!
Hi Hon
Yep I have been following Dec 2023 prices also.
I just don't think they are going to come down. I could be wrong though.
Best wishes Hon
Hugs Mel

Heading to MCO in mid-May. Am I better off booking now or is it likely pricing will come down a couple months out?

Heading to MCO in mid-May. Am I better off booking now or is it likely pricing will come down a couple months out?

I usually don’t book too far out unless it’s an unusually good price, one that I’d consider unbeatable. I start watching at about the 10/12 week out timeframe unless I get a sale email earlier from one of the airlines. I’ve always gotten a good price between the 8 and 12 week mark.

If you haven’t already, sign up for weekly email offers from the airlines. In the last few months there have been plenty of offers of 15% off all the way up to 30% off fares.. with an immediate bookable date right up to dates in November.

I usually don’t book too far out unless it’s an unusually good price, one that I’d consider unbeatable. I start watching at about the 10/12 week out timeframe unless I get a sale email earlier from one of the airlines. I’ve always gotten a good price between the 8 and 12 week mark.

If you haven’t already, sign up for weekly email offers from the airlines. In the last few months there have been plenty of offers of 15% off all the way up to 30% off fares.. with an immediate bookable date right up to dates in November.
Thanks, I was just about to ask how far out to look for flights. My next trip is Jan 2024. So you think I should start looking October?

Thanks, I was just about to ask how far out to look for flights. My next trip is Jan 2024. So you think I should start looking October?
Sales are always happening. If you already have your dates set keeping looking. Always keep looking so that when there is a “sale” you can compare and see if it’s a real sale. West jet just had another sale again this week.

We booked in September for our upcoming trip for end of April. Kept watching and eventually booked when WestJet had a sale for $350/fare tax in.

Last edited:

I always get “member” emails on a weekly basis from Air Canada, Westjet, Swoop, Southwest & Jetblue.
This week Westjet had their birthday sale - 27% off flights and vacation packages. This sale was available for booking immediately and ran through December 15/23. I priced out 2 adults and 2 children (Econo level tickets) for dates in June, August and early December. My price came up all in, at $1345.61 ($336. per person.)

That is something I would have booked right away! The sales are usually for a limited number of seats per flight so booking quickly is a must with prices like those. I’ve usually been very lucky for December dates in late September and early/mid October with whatever sale or promotion they are offering. Air Canada has had a breast cancer sale in October (Breast Cancer Awareness month) that I’ve booked on past trips as well.

If I haven’t jumped on a sale fare by 12 weeks out.. I start stalking the airline websites daily - always making sure to clear the cache/cookies on my phone/computer/ipad before searching or using the incognito mode on my browser. I want to be booked no later then the 8 week out mark. Once I think I’ve got the best price I lock in and book. Don’t leave it too close to your departure date to book, as the closer you get the prices will start to rise.

Last edited:
Hoping to rejuvenate this thread.

I've been tracking airfare since Jan 2023 with the help of Hopper - so far the lowest fares I've seen were in May ($187 YYZ-MCO on a Wed, but $326 MCO-YYZ on a Sunday). Not interested in Flair due to past, bad experiences.

I'm now four months out from my planned travel dates (nov 8-12). For what it's worth Hopper is still indicating "wait" - has anyone had luck getting cheaper fares within the 4-month window? [there is a currently a $195 return fare but it leaves at 630 AM and we are doing one of the nightime parties the night before]. Recently AC and WJ have offered 15-20% sales within Canada and select US fares but MCO has not been included. Does anyone recall seeing them offer more substantial sales during the summer (to fly later in the year?)

Last edited:
Hoping to rejuvenate this thread.

I've been tracking airfare since Jan 2023 with the help of Hopper - so far the lowest fares I've seen were in May ($187 YYZ-MCO on a Wed, but $326 MCO-YYZ on a Sunday). Not interested in Flair due to past, bad experiences.

I'm now four months out from my planned travel dates (nov 8-12). For what it's worth Hopper is still indicating "wait" - has anyone had luck getting cheaper fares within the 4-month window? [there is a currently a $195 return fare but it leaves at 630 AM and we are doing one of the nightime parties the night before]. Recently AC and WJ have offered 15-20% sales within Canada and select US fares but MCO has not been included. Does anyone recall seeing them offer more substantial sales during the summer (to fly later in the year?
In my experience fares have been pretty much sitting at an average of around $500ish. Yes sometimes higher and sometimes lower. There is no predicting it. I just booked my 3rd and 4th RT to MCO for this year. First trip was $600 but that was a higher fare category to include bags, seat selection and was refundable. I think the basic fare was approx $110 less. Second trip I used miles for but the fare would have been around $475. My 3rd and 4th I recently booked. 3rd is $370 but that price held for only a couple of hours. 4th trip I booked at the same time and got it for $65 more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!