Round Trip Pricing out of YYZ to MCO

BOTL76

Mouseketeer
Hello Disney Fans,

Curious what frequent flyers or even newbie flyers think would be a good round trip air fare from YYZ to MCO for 2023?

I know lots of variables at play so I will break it down a bit more.
My family is looking at possibly going to Orlando for late November/early December 2023.
For Pearson to MCO, I am thinking we should aim to grab one basic round trip ticket for $350-$400 per adult.
Does anyone estimate that the price could go below $350 round trip this year?
More specific to us, we prefer a direct flight using Westjet or AC. We will never travel with Air Transat again (long story for another time)

Welcome the feedback/predictions!

Thank you

Hi

BOTL76

I am going early next Dec 2023 . I will be flying WestJet because I have some WestJet dollars banked up.
My Prediction :
I am thinking between $400 to $500 per person, plus taxes.

The way Air travel has been going I believe the Pearson Airport and Canadian Airlines have a lot of re organizing to do.
Now my question is are we as consumers going to be on the hook for increased flight fares in the near future?.
I also think the Economy will dictate the pricing ,,,think Inflation here.

I have found that prices during holiday season rarely if ever go down ..... so I try to book when they are first released.

I live 20 minutes on a good day from Pearson Airport and I would not like to drive there every morning and night (Traffic /Parking nightmare) and then be expected to put up with many self entitled people and fairly low wages.

Best wishes booking
Hugs Mel

Oh, well, we booked flights with AC for mid Feb. returning early March. There are 7 of us. Total cost was at the $7800 mark. I would have loved to have been able to pay $500 P.P.
Not saying you can't get this pricing, we used to, but I haven't seen great prices lately. I would plan on more and if you get it for less, bonus.

Edited to add that I cancelled this Trip

Actual price for me ,,I just booked my flights this morning.
West Jet YYZ-MCO- MCO -YYZ
1 person
First week of Dec 2023
$44.00 for seat selection each way is an increase from what I paid last year. This includes NO baggage.
Total paid
521 WSD + 261.05 CAD =$ 782.00

Last edited:

If you're able to be completely flexible with your dates and times, don't care about extra frills (like no cancellation and/or changes to flights, no bags, no seat selection) then yes, you can get flights to come in under $400 pp. You will need to fly on days and times that most people don't want to in order to get those fares. Both Air Canada and Westjet operate on turn-around types of schedules so if you're able to fly on the plane in the wrong direction at what others consider lousy times you will score.
Example of our upcoming trip that falls under the same time frame-ish as mentioned above:
People tend to want their trips to start and end on weekends and don't want to be leaving MCO overly early so the most expensive flights home leave after 10 am. We're taking the butt-crack of stupid o'clock flight from YYZ on a Sunday morning on a plane that will be heading back shortly after we land. Coming home we're taking the very last flight our of MCO on a Friday night so it can become the butt-crack of stupid o'clock flight on a Saturday! Both fares, one step up from basic (no bags or seat selection included but do have the ability to change or cancel for a $$) came in just over $700

Tuesdays and Wednesdays tend to be cheapest days of the week. Fly at off times of the day to avoid the flights most think are ideal and you'll get a better deal. If you're stuck to a certain time frame that mirrors other peoples plans you will be paying a LOT more, if we picked different times for the same days we're flying it's more than double the cost!

We are flying in a few weeks from YYZ to MCO (Air Canada) and booked flights at $450 per person (standard fare) ages ago.

Google Flights is great for taking a look at pricing options - you can filter to avoid certain airlines, only direct flights etc. Once you set your filters you can look at the monthly calendar and see the price variations per day. Just keep in mind the prices shown are the lowest fare type (usually no changes/cancellations).

I just took a quick look and there are some round trip flights on West Jet in late March/early April for under $350, a few even under $300. So I think it's possible you could see round trip flights go that low in December, but of course you're risking them going up too!

I have been watching flight prices out of YYZ for a few different trips, and of course there are lots of factors, but I find the best times to book are either when the flights are first released (11 months or so in advance) or 3-5 months in advance.

Another thing to keep in mind is how much pricing of the other parts of your trip might go up while you wait for flight prices to go down. On other trips we have saved thousands in hotel and rental car costs by knowing our exact dates well ahead of time so we can book those at lower rates.

Last edited:
Just book our summer trip. $690 per person from YYZ (final price, after taxes, picking seats etc). Received an email today from Westjet about a sale but it was actually slightly more expensive to book today.

We are going Aug 14-24, booked flights on the Black Friday weekend (on the Sunday) for $251 per person, round trip, direct flights with AC. Checked cyber Monday and they'd raised the price but were offering a 30% discount, would have made the flights about $350 per person round trip. So definitely possible to get a cheap, round trip, direct flight with a major airline. I think booking way in advance is part of it. I chose flight dates then booked resorts after.

If you haven’t already, sign up for WestJet and Air Canada’s email offers. The last few few offers since Christmas on both airlines emails have been very good to excellent. WestJet last week were offering up to 40% off on base fares for travel to sunshine destinations of up to November 30/23.. these fares are limited in number so if they look good to you, you need to act on them asap.
The emails come in from each once a week or so.. sometimes a bit longer between but frequently. For past our December visits to WDW I have often left booking until early to mid October and have gotten some great deals as both airlines are trying to fill flights knowing their occupied seats for that timeframe.

As someone up thread has said.. the more flexibility you have the better you will find a price. Days of the week.. times of the flights all can make a significant difference in cost.
The other thing that has worked well for us both for getting better flight times and saving a bit on fares in the past, is booking our flight down and our return flight home as one way flights using both legacy carriers. Eg: Air Canada going down and WestJet coming home.. or vice versa.

But definitely sign up for notification of sales and/or deals on both airlines websites, it’s been great for us when booking flights.

If you're able to be completely flexible with your dates and times, don't care about extra frills (like no cancellation and/or changes to flights, no bags, no seat selection) then yes, you can get flights to come in under $400 pp. You will need to fly on days and times that most people don't want to in order to get those fares. Both Air Canada and Westjet operate on turn-around types of schedules so if you're able to fly on the plane in the wrong direction at what others consider lousy times you will score.
Example of our upcoming trip that falls under the same time frame-ish as mentioned above:
People tend to want their trips to start and end on weekends and don't want to be leaving MCO overly early so the most expensive flights home leave after 10 am. We're taking the butt-crack of stupid o'clock flight from YYZ on a Sunday morning on a plane that will be heading back shortly after we land. Coming home we're taking the very last flight our of MCO on a Friday night so it can become the butt-crack of stupid o'clock flight on a Saturday! Both fares, one step up from basic (no bags or seat selection included but do have the ability to change or cancel for a $$) came in just over $700

Tuesdays and Wednesdays tend to be cheapest days of the week. Fly at off times of the day to avoid the flights most think are ideal and you'll get a better deal. If you're stuck to a certain time frame that mirrors other peoples plans you will be paying a LOT more, if we picked different times for the same days we're flying it's more than double the cost!

My 2 favourite flights…lol! I get a full day on arrival and a full day on the departure day. We have often been blessed with an early check in (not always) and we take it slow on departure day.. sleep in have a great brunch, hang out at the pool or head to DS to pick up last minute gifts, treats, or souvenirs. 😊

Some people would advise you to fly out of Buffalo Niagara instead of Toronto as Southwest usually costs 20-30% cheaper than Air Canada. That is usually a good idea... until this past Christmas holiday. Buffalo was in a mess due to snowstorm. Southwest melted down by cancelling nearly 17,000 flights around Christmas. I know Sunwing was not better but Westjet or Air Canada only got moderately affected.

Some people would advise you to fly out of Buffalo Niagara instead of Toronto as Southwest usually costs 20-30% cheaper than Air Canada. That is usually a good idea... until this past Christmas holiday. Buffalo was in a mess due to snowstorm. Southwest melted down by cancelling nearly 17,000 flights around Christmas. I know Sunwing was not better but Westjet or Air Canada only got moderately affected.

So true.. add to that the exchange rate on the dollar, the need to park your car for the duration of your vacation at your cost, and the fact that the only SW direct flight out of Buffalo Niagara goes out at 5:30/6:30 am meaning a night in an airport hotel - there goes the 20 to 30% savings on the flights.

The only thing that makes it at all interesting is not having to deal with the mess Pearson can be. Hamilton would give you that relief as well.. they offer Swoop (Westjet) Flair, Lynx - (Sunwing and Air Transat)

So true.. add to that the exchange rate on the dollar, the need to park your car for the duration of your vacation at your cost, and the fact that the only SW direct flight out of Buffalo Niagara goes out at 5:30/6:30 am meaning a night in an airport hotel - there goes the 20 to 30% savings on the flights.

The only thing that makes it at all interesting is not having to deal with the mess Pearson can be. Hamilton would give you that relief as well.. they offer Swoop (Westjet) Flair, Lynx - (Sunwing and Air Transat)
BUF has many airlines that fly to MCO direct. I'm going over march break and for 4 of us it cost $334.80 USD (total not each) on frontier airlines. I've flown frontier many times and you can regularly get flights for under $100 USD round trip ea. and if you watch for deals, you get them for 58/60 bucks. So long as you can pack light, you can likely get away with a single checked bag and the backpacks everyone is allowed to bring. Unless you are staying at the BUF airport 4 Seasons (haha) there's no chance you're negating the savings of flying out of BUF. Can typically fly my whole family for less than what you'd pay for a single ticket out of Toronto.

Google Flight watch is your friend!

We got round trip YYZ to MCO Westjet for Sept for 320pp. It dropped for AC one day (down from the 590 it was) and the next day Westjet followed suit. And then it went back up.

So its definitely possible.

And we got it on a Friday Morning arrival and friday afternoon departure

BUF has many airlines that fly to MCO direct. I'm going over march break and for 4 of us it cost $334.80 USD (total not each) on frontier airlines. I've flown frontier many times and you can regularly get flights for under $100 USD round trip ea. and if you watch for deals, you get them for 58/60 bucks. So long as you can pack light, you can likely get away with a single checked bag and the backpacks everyone is allowed to bring. Unless you are staying at the BUF airport 4 Seasons (haha) there's no chance you're negating the savings of flying out of BUF. Can typically fly my whole family for less than what you'd pay for a single ticket out of Toronto.

We never consider Frontier too many add ons if we want to fly the way we enjoy.. and one of the worst reputations in the industry. JetBlue or SW would be our choices out of BUF.

I just priced Frontier 2 adults & 2 children for March break (Sunday to Sunday) just the base fares for the actual seats came to $708 USD which is $949 CDN.. not bad but you still need a hotel and paid parking for your car for the duration of your trip.

The above total is without seat selection, 2 to 4 carry ons, (your personal free item is usually only a purse or small backpack) 1 checked bag, and because it’s Buffalo in winter - paid at purchase flight flexibility incase of weather or other delays/cancellations. It all adds up fast.
Taxes and flight surcharges extra?

Last edited:
Currently this in not the case. BUF was our go to for years. The flights were always significantly cheaper ever with the added drive time, parking, the exchange rate and even a hotel if needed. Now flights out of BUF to MCO cost more than out of YYZ. There were always several non stops everyday and that too is no longer the case.

We never consider Frontier too many add ons if we want to fly the way we enjoy.. and one of the worst reputations in the industry. JetBlue or SW would be our choices out of BUF.

I just priced Frontier 2 adults & 2 children for March break (Sunday to Sunday) just the base fares for the actual seats came to $708 USD which is $949 CDN.. not bad but you still need a hotel and paid parking for your car for the duration of your trip.

The above total is without seat selection, 2 to 4 carry ons, (your personal free item is usually only a purse or small backpack) 1 checked bag, and because it’s Buffalo in winter - paid at purchase flight flexibility incase of weather or other delays/cancellations. It all adds up fast.
Taxes and flight surcharges extra?
While SW is my preferred carrier we have also used Frontier several times. No problems what so ever. They have discount codes almost weekly and you can get a flight from BUF to MCO for $150RT plus your bag. In the past we have had RT's for under $100. It's cheaper to check a bag then to carry on one so we check one large bag which costs approx $65 RT at the time of booking. Then we fill a backpack(average sized) as a carry on...last time I also had a crossbody bag and they didn't care. Seat selection is not really needed unless you have some reason to sit in a very specific spot. They always seat your group together....they say they will 'try' but it's done automatically as long as you check in at the 24hr mark. It's a very short flight so for me if the price is good and times work for me I will book with them.

While SW is my preferred carrier we have also used Frontier several times. No problems what so ever. They have discount codes almost weekly and you can get a flight from BUF to MCO for $150RT plus your bag. In the past we have had RT's for under $100. It's cheaper to check a bag then to carry on one so we check one large bag which costs approx $65 RT at the time of booking. Then we fill a backpack(average sized) as a carry on...last time I also had a crossbody bag and they didn't care. Seat selection is not really needed unless you have some reason to sit in a very specific spot. They always seat your group together....they say they will 'try' but it's done automatically as long as you check in at the 24hr mark. It's a very short flight so for me if the price is good and times work for me I will book with them.
Yeah they don’t care as long as the backpack fits under the seat in front of you, the backpack I bring is fairly large and they have never said anything, but it fits under the chair. I’d rather use no frills frontier and go to Disney 4x /year than pay extra for Air Canada and only go once.

There are various websites where you can easily compare prices. Google has one as well as several of those travel websites (Orbitz/etc.) Far easier then looking up each airline individually. Also sounds like you have a choice or several nearby airports, so that is something to also compare. Airlines add/drop various routes periodically, so what have might have been 'best' 6 months ago has changed.

If flying on a major holiday it is best to book well in advance. Airlines aren't likely to offer specials around holidays where planes are already full with customers paying full price.

I do like to use Google to compare flights. I like that I can put in multiple departure and arrival airports and compare. Like checking Sanford and MCO at the same time. I do find sometimes I have to play around with it, check the one way flights as well.

As for the original question, I would buy flights at those prices. I try and get flights for $500 or less each. But certain times of year are higher, like March break and Christmas. March break goes up fast after they are released, and I am in Ottawa so look at Montreal then, they have a different week off so it can make quite a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter