Round Trip Pricing out of YYZ to MCO

I just got an email from WestJet that has a link in it to apply for their credit card and we're going to jump on it this time.
  • Annual Fare waived for the first year
  • FREE companion fare the first year ($119 the next year)
  • Up to $450 WestJet dollars $250 after 1st transaction and and extra $200 if you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months
  • Free checked bag
I need to look a little closer to the terms of the free companion fare because I think it might not apply to Premium fare and I figure why not splurge if one fare is only $119 but if it covers only Economy I'm still fine with that, free is free! This might be worth looking into for anyone else who is looking to save money on flights - if you earn the full $450 before you need to book your flight the ENTIRE flight for 2 people will only cost you the taxes & fees

I can answer this with 100% certainty based on 2021 - we booked our flights using Airmiles at the end of July and I kicked myself for not waiting Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Their sale was close to 40% less than I *paid* both using Airmiles or paying cash. Both AC & WestJet offered sales for that entire weekend and I've got everything crossed that it happens again in about 80 days (Yes, I do know the exact number of days :P )
For those who've booked during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales in the past, how significant was the discount and how hard was it to get tickets? Did it sell out super quick like the WJ 35% off the other day? Looks like AC has 20% off currently, which makes the price for my dates not terrible and trying to decided if it's worth hedging my bets and waiting or if I should just bite the bullet and book it, even knowing there might still be better deals to come... (for context, looking to fly mid Jan 2024)

I just got an email from WestJet that has a link in it to apply for their credit card and we're going to jump on it this time.
  • Annual Fare waived for the first year
  • FREE companion fare the first year ($119 the next year)
  • Up to $450 WestJet dollars $250 after 1st transaction and and extra $200 if you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months
  • Free checked bag
I need to look a little closer to the terms of the free companion fare because I think it might not apply to Premium fare and I figure why not splurge if one fare is only $119 but if it covers only Economy I'm still fine with that, free is free! This might be worth looking into for anyone else who is looking to save money on flights - if you earn the full $450 before you need to book your flight the ENTIRE flight for 2 people will only cost you the taxes & fees
Hi, we have this card and yes you can use it for Premium seats!

I booked the other day when WJ had the 1 day sale. Thankful for free cancel within 24 hours because I forgot to put the code in the first time 🤦‍♀️ Got Round Trip from Edmonton in March for only $529. I’m not a fan of Spring Break travel, but it’s a trip with my 10 yr old niece who lives in Texas. Unfortunately her Spring Break coincides with Orlando Spring Break.

At least I know what to expect - we went there in March this year for Tron AP preview. I’ll be bringing ear plugs!

Hi, we have this card and yes you can use it for Premium seats!
Are we able to somehow apply the free baggage perk to a flight we booked before we got the card? We're flying down on Porter and then returning on WJ but didn't pay to add a bag for the way there since we're hoping we can manage with just carry-ons but who knows how much we might find that we NEED to bring home :P

I forgot to mention to anyone who is looking for good fares to show up - this only works if you're able to be flexible with your travel arrangements. If you're locked into specific dates, you've already booked anything non-refundable then you need to set a top limit of what you're willing to pay for flights. When that pops up, pull the trigger and book the flights! We have the luxury of deciding when to fly since hubby has his own business and we don't have any school children to worry about.

Anyone how accurate is the data shown on Google Flights or Farecompare showing the range of flight prices for each month of the year?
Anyone know of a site that shows more of a breakdown of historical range for flights (e.g. by week) within a given month? I know google flights shows price trends but just for the past 60 days.

For those who've booked during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales in the past, how significant was the discount and how hard was it to get tickets? Did it sell out super quick like the WJ 35% off the other day? Looks like AC has 20% off currently, which makes the price for my dates not terrible and trying to decided if it's worth hedging my bets and waiting or if I should just bite the bullet and book it, even knowing there might still be better deals to come... (for context, looking to fly mid Jan 2024)
I’m in the same boat. We need flights for a cruise out of Vancouver next summer. I’m waiting for the sale. Right now flights are about $700 per person. I‘m hoping to do better.

I’m in the same boat. We need flights for a cruise out of Vancouver next summer. I’m waiting for the sale. Right now flights are about $700 per person. I‘m hoping to do better.
Yeah it’s so hard to know. For what it’s worth, I bit the bullet and booked my flight, even though my dates were flexible… decided it was worth it to not have to worry and deal with the potential stress of Black Friday/Cyber Monday 😅 but my trip is much sooner - you still have time if you’re looking for next summer. Keep us posted if you end up booking during one of the sales and how it goes for you!

Are we able to somehow apply the free baggage perk to a flight we booked before we got the card? We're flying down on Porter and then returning on WJ but didn't pay to add a bag for the way there since we're hoping we can manage with just carry-ons but who knows how much we might find that we NEED to bring home :P

I'm not sure how it works for WestJet, but for AC being a credit card holder is not linked to your booking at all. It is linked to your Aeroplan account. As long as you are a CC holder at the time you check-in to your flight and your booking is linked to your Aeroplan account, you get the free bag regardless of how it was paid for or if you used points to book.

If WestJet works the same way, then presumably if the credit card is linked to your WJ Rewards account then you should get the free bag perk.

I'm not sure how it works for WestJet, but for AC being a credit card holder is not linked to your booking at all. It is linked to your Aeroplan account. As long as you are a CC holder at the time you check-in to your flight and your booking is linked to your Aeroplan account, you get the free bag regardless of how it was paid for or if you used points to book.

If WestJet works the same way, then presumably if the credit card is linked to your WJ Rewards account then you should get the free bag perk.
And poof, just like that - easy peasy, we both have a free bag attached to our flights! Thanks

WestJet dropped their Black Friday seat sale today! For our February trip It will cost us, all in, taxes included, $338.66 and leave us with a $148 credit towards our next trip. We only have to pay the taxes for both of us for those flights because we earned all of the extra bonus sign up WJ Dollars and my companion fee is free.

I don't think you'll see lower prices, no need to wait!

WestJet dropped their Black Friday seat sale today! For our February trip It will cost us, all in, taxes included, $338.66 and leave us with a $148 credit towards our next trip. We only have to pay the taxes for both of us for those flights because we earned all of the extra bonus sign up WJ Dollars and my companion fee is free.

I don't think you'll see lower prices, no need to wait!
Agree! Return flights YYZ-MCO-YYZ for May 2024 is $274 per person! Too bad we had already booked Air Canada a few days ago, but yes that is a great deal.

Found an AC air rouge direct flight return yyz to mco for $285 all in for early February to visit family. No WDW this trip. Good black friday week sale esp for prime time winter flights out of Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter