Round Trip Pricing out of YYZ to MCO

if anyone is waiting for the promised sale Porter's having on Tuesday, you need to sign up for their emails. Apparently you'll get a randomly generated discount of between 35 - 50% off while the general public one will probably be the 20% they've offered recently.

Gee, I toyed with not sharing that info in case they are only giving out a few of the 50% codes but my inner voice wouldn't shut up! Sign up for an account and let's share what we get on Tuesday!

if anyone is waiting for the promised sale Porter's having on Tuesday, you need to sign up for their emails. Apparently you'll get a randomly generated discount of between 35 - 50% off while the general public one will probably be the 20% they've offered recently.

Gee, I toyed with not sharing that info in case they are only giving out a few of the 50% codes but my inner voice wouldn't shut up! Sign up for an account and let's share what we get on Tuesday!

Already signed up on both my main email accounts 😊 I had done it the day the first social media (Instagram) mentioning it hit my feed last week.

35 to 50% off is great.. 🤞🏻 but 20% off those already great fares is still a good deal!

It will be interesting to see if both emails receive the same percentage off offer.. 🤔

We decided against Lynx so I can’t say how the Lynx experience translates. Once we added up the extra charges like carry on, checked bag, seat selection… Lynx priced out pretty close to WJ or AC for us.

Check out Porter who are starting daily service to MCO in late November.. their pricing is good right now - you can book a full experience flight with Porter for the same price as basic WJ or AC.
They are advertising on social media that there is their “biggest sale” of the year coming very soon.. I’m only holding off booking until I can see how much that sale ends up being, but we will be flying Porter next trip for sure.
Appreciate your thoughts and the heads up about the sale! I was going to do just that until reading reviews about a lot of folks recent experiences with Porter this morning… 😅 think I answered my own question and will stick with AC or WJ - sounds like it’s worth the added cost

I have already gone ahead and booked with Lynx. For my dates it was still half the price of WJ or AC, even when including my credit card companion fare option, and even with paying for luggage etc. I looked at Porter but for me no Porter flights were direct and I won't waste a travel day on stops anymore. I read the reviews but honestly every airline has bad reviews so I took the risk. Have to wait a few months to see how my experience goes. As for things like meals, leg space, and seat back tv's etc, I really couldn't care less on a 2hr and 45 minute flight. Keep my expectations low and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I have already gone ahead and booked with Lynx. For my dates it was still half the price of WJ or AC, even when including my credit card companion fare option, and even with paying for luggage etc. I looked at Porter but for me no Porter flights were direct and I won't waste a travel day on stops anymore. I read the reviews but honestly every airline has bad reviews so I took the risk. Have to wait a few months to see how my experience goes. As for things like meals, leg space, and seat back tv's etc, I really couldn't care less on a 2hr and 45 minute flight. Keep my expectations low and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Would love an update after you fly with them! Hope you have a great experience. My ultimate concern with both Porter and Lynx is customer service and availability of alternative flights in the case of delays/cancellations/overbooking/lost luggage/etc. not so much the amenities or in-flight services. I would just worry about losing time (and additional $$) from my Disney vacation if I rolled the dice and something did happen, so decided the risk wasn’t worth it for me

I am concerned about cancellations as well. Flew last year in the summer to the uk with AC when luggages were being lost and flights were being cancelled constantly. At that time our flight was being cancelled about once every 10 days given the history online, but luck was on our side and our date was not one of the cancelled flights, and our luggage made it just fine. Biggest delays I've found nowadays is the constant need to gate check every "carry on" as people don't want to risk losing their luggage and gate checking doesn't cost extra.

Hi all! Just booked on Westjet, Dec 28 to Jan 4. Had 200.00 WJ dollars and a companion fare. Came in at 1380. For the two of us. Price includes seat selection. Baggage is free as we used a WJ credit card. This is the latest I have booked, almost gave up hope! Staying offsite at Vistana Villages.

Well.. this is the week of discounts on airfare..

I have just received email from both WJ who with the provided code are offering 35% off on bookings between now and March 24/24

(eg Nov 26 to Dec 1. $1215. return all in for four passengers econo fare)

And..

Aeroplan - AC email with up to 10,000 points if registered - same dates as above $2345 return - I didn’t bother to find out how many points.. both WJ and Porter are a better price.

Nothing from Porter yet with info on their coming offer.

GAWD so much stress over the 3 airlines playing discount code wars! Got my email from Porter and the wording has changed to up to 40% instead of the 50% on the weekend, but doesn't matter since the site won't load or if it does it throws an error message when trying to price it out. WestJet has updated their site and it's hanging now as well. Air Canada won't accept my sign-in info -- I won't have any hair left at this rate

I'm glad to hear it's not just me that can't get Porter to work, I thought because I'm on the work computer (shh!) but apparently not so I won't stress over it for now :) I haven't tried WJ or AC though. March break isn't necessary. Just might be fun lol. And since kiddo is willing to fly for some reason I thought I'd jump at good prices. We can always go next summer instead though.

That was fast..

I just went back on the WJ site to book. I wanted to think about it.. there is now a different code with the message that the 35% code is sold out 😡😡😡

I'm glad to hear it's not just me that can't get Porter to work, I thought because I'm on the work computer (shh!) but apparently not so I won't stress over it for now :) I haven't tried WJ or AC though. March break isn't necessary. Just might be fun lol. And since kiddo is willing to fly for some reason I thought I'd jump at good prices. We can always go next summer instead though.

I can’t access Porter either. 🙁. It took WJ forever to load… then no more 35% off it’s offering the usual 15% now.

Haven’t tried AC since earlier this morning…

@OnceUponATime15 I got the code to work but the site stalled and wouldn't move to the payment page until AFTER the danged code was still available to use :headache: They better get their act together on Black Friday ...

@OnceUponATime15 I got the code to work but the site stalled and wouldn't move to the payment page until AFTER the danged code was still available to use :headache: They better get their act together on Black Friday ...

I should have booked our February flights when I was on the site earlier. I waited because I was deciding on Porter round trip (with the horrible 8am return flight) or booking Porter down and WJ back for the last flight home of the day.. Decided on the latter then missed out on the 35%!

After all the flight sales I have booked over the years and there have been many.. you’d think I’d know better then to stall. ugh.

Does Westjet typically do anything of value on Black Friday? Looking to book for February 2024. Typically I wouldn't wait that close to book but man prices are sky high right now.

Does Westjet typically do anything of value on Black Friday? Looking to book for February 2024. Typically I wouldn't wait that close to book but man prices are sky high right now.
Last year it was significant and BC (Before Covid) they had sales as well. It's worth waiting it out for us, we're also travelling in Feb. Mind you, if I had been able to complete my transaction today when the 35% code was still active I would have jumped on it!
I'm hanging tight for a bit yet

Has AC typically done Black Friday sales in the past as well or just WJ? Saw the emails for all the promos this morning (minus Porter) but was not at all fast enough to book the 35% off WJ before it sold out lol 🙃

Has AC typically done Black Friday sales in the past as well or just WJ? Saw the emails for all the promos this morning (minus Porter) but was not at all fast enough to book the 35% off WJ before it sold out lol 🙃

Not sure about AC for Black Friday.. but I’ve booked AC in the past when they’ve done a sale for breast cancer awareness month in October and It has usually been at a better percentage off then the regular 15% they offer on sales.

I can answer this with 100% certainty based on 2021 - we booked our flights using Airmiles at the end of July and I kicked myself for not waiting Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Their sale was close to 40% less than I *paid* both using Airmiles or paying cash. Both AC & WestJet offered sales for that entire weekend and I've got everything crossed that it happens again in about 80 days (Yes, I do know the exact number of days :P )

Well, maybe it's worth my time to wait for Black Friday. My other big issue is that we are going as a family of 7 for the first time ever and I can't book that online. Grrrr. So need to either work with a travel agency or else call westjet reservations. No idea what is my better option there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter