roommates

DD took her chances with room mates.... And in her words "I hit the room mate lottery." They all got along and had a BLAST!

Good luck!

Ok, I have already found 2 other people to live in the house with me. So now we are looking for 3 more. But I honestly don't wanna just stick with the people i've already seen for 2 months on facebook. So the plan was for all of us to individually do Disney's survey when it comes out. I think it's a good plan mostly because I don't like picking my roommate. So if any alumni have done the random roommate, how did it work for you? Thanks!

My daughter just found out she got accepted today. We need to go on line soon - not sure for what or any other details. How do we go on this FB to find room mates?

TIA.

Spend time getting to know people before you room with them.

The thing is though is it is still online. You won't get to know them that well and could easily end finding something when you're living with them you don't like. No guarantee for a "perfect" roommate. No one is going to honestly list if they're messy, at least not usually if they're looking for a roomie.

If you don't want to use Facebook you can find roommates on tumblr. I just had my phone interview this evening so I haven't personally started looking for a roommate.

LOOKING for a roommate for spring 2013 advantage!!! if interested and want to get to know me please message me!! THANKS!!!

I got accepted on Friday!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Like a couple of people who posted already, my arrival date is January 15th (through August 2nd) doing Custodial.

Feel free to message me up and chat or whatever!!!!! I swear, I don't bite ;)

I also am trying the tumblr avenue (and eventually FaceBook). Here's my tumblr roommate survey.

I have some friends who's arrival date is set for Jan. 14, my "check-in" date is Jan. 15, but I will be arriving in FL on Jan. 14 - - The girls I would like to room with are checking in on the 14th and leaving on May 17th, I am leaving on May 10th. I tried to contact someone at Disney to ask about this and nobody has gotten back to me. Does anyone know if it is possible that we can still room together despite the couple of day differences? Or, does anyone know a contact person I could get a hold of to ask about this.

Thanks

I have some friends who's arrival date is set for Jan. 14, my "check-in" date is Jan. 15, but I will be arriving in FL on Jan. 14 - - The girls I would like to room with are checking in on the 14th and leaving on May 17th, I am leaving on May 10th. I tried to contact someone at Disney to ask about this and nobody has gotten back to me. Does anyone know if it is possible that we can still room together despite the couple of day differences? Or, does anyone know a contact person I could get a hold of to ask about this.

Thanks

It is my understanding that in order to be roommates, you must check in on the same date.

The matching site is http://disneyroommate.com/

The matching criteria is outlined in the bottom right of the front page.

This statement is included there:
"You will be matched with someone else who has the same base criteria (gender, age, arrival/end date) as yourself."

I'm having a really hard time finding people arriving on February 4th and leaving on May 31. I'm starting to really wish I was spring advantage!

Any girls doing Spring 2013, Jan. 22-May 24? I need some roommates. ::yes::

My Roommate Survey: -> anowarkowa. tumblr. com/post/33474873023/wdw-roommate-survey-jan-22

i wish i had known about these boards when i was appyling! my roommates ended up disliking us(me & my room-roommate) for no reason!

I'm really nervous to have roommates. Do you guys know which is the best place to live in?

I read online in a few places that Vista is known for parties, Chatham is kind of known for parties and quietness, and Patterson is the quietest/calmest of the three.

I've been nervous about housing as well. I don't want to get stuck in a room with a bunch of people who party all night, and I don't want that to ruin the program for me. My idea of fun is card games and movies, not wold parties with 8736 people in the room, ha..

I read online in a few places that Vista is known for parties, Chatham is kind of known for parties and quietness, and Patterson is the quietest/calmest of the three.

Think about this:
Do you change who you are and what you do based on where you live? Probably not.

Same applies to those complexes.

Parties happen at all of them. Serenity happens at all of them. An individual is ultimately in control of their environment.

Someone who is a hardcore partier isn't going to change that because of where they live. Someone who isn't, isn't going to change that either because of where they live.

It is all about the people one chooses to surround themselves with and the actual choices one makes day to day.

I'm really nervous to have roommates. Do you guys know which is the best place to live in?

I have a friend who did the program last year and he lived in Patterson. He said it was great because it was new and updated and clean, while the other two were a bit older, especially Vista. He also only lived with one roommate, so that probably made things easier too!

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about the housing.. Vista seems to have the party reputation, and Chatham and Patterson are quieter. Chatham I heard would probably be best for someone who likes to hang out and party, but not all the time, and Patterson for those who really aren't into that sort of thing. It all depends on the room and people around you though, so any of them can either be good or bad!

I personally am going to try to get a single bedroom in Patterson, just because I don't like the idea of living with so many people. If I have to though, I'll take a 2-bedroom, but I would really hate having to go any higher than that..

Hi guyss!!! I'm arriving January 15th too! I'm main entrance operations!:simba:
I'm hoping to be placed in Patterson, but i'm sort of a neat freak. I can't stand messy messy piles of stuff. However, I am hoping to meet some pretty cool people and hopefully find a roomy before i get there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter