• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roman numerals on clocks

erinreid

Mouseketeer
I just got finished listening to this weeks podcast, and I really enjoyed the segment talking about the countries in world showcase. Thank you so much for all of the work that everyone puts into these wonderful, informative segments.

I wanted to mention something about Roman numerals on clocks, since the team expressed surprise about the one clock in the American Pavilion having IIII instead of IV to represent the number four. Interestingly, just about all clocks that use's have this on their clock face. You almost never see IV, just IIII, and it's something that we don't often notice. There're a lot of theories as to why this is the case, and there's a good summary of those theories on Wikipedia. You can read more at http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numerals.

- Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter