ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading some place that the agent has to present the offer, no matter what it is. Maybe it is not true but sounds like someone was just looking out for their own commission or knew the seller would be upset. Either way, they should just be honest.

Not if the seller has said they won’t entertain offers below a certain threshold. I have done that as a seller. So, if offere came in below that, I would not have known.

What are the opinions of everyone on the possibility of surprising their wife for V-Day, Bday, Mthr-Day, CNDA Day(any excuse for a day) with a brand new OKWE contract? She may have specifically said no to buying any of the new OKWE contracts that came available today. Hmmmm, how about instead of a gift, I say its an investment because all of our investments are my prerogative. :poop::littleangel:

What are the opinions of everyone on the possibility of surprising their wife for V-Day, Bday, Mthr-Day, CNDA Day(any excuse for a day) with a brand new OKWE contract? She may have specifically said no to buying any of the new OKWE contracts that came available today. Hmmmm, how about instead of a gift, I say its an investment because all of our investments are my prerogative. :poop::littleangel:

Seek forgiveness and not permission is my motto!!

broker does not have to tell you the truth--they do not work for you, they work for the seller.
I thought the broker in these transactions acts as an intermediary and the main benefit is they get listing/commission. I have to find where I read that, but it would make more sense what you are saying.
Do not try to discern the drunken monkey's dart-throwing ways. Only madness lies there.
🤣🤣🤣

That is my excuse. Also, just put in your name just in case. 🤣

Seek forgiveness for sure lol! BTW I bid on one of those many OKW E contracts they listed and was told seller wants asking, dues, closing costs and admin fee to be all paid by the buyer. I'm contemplating whether I'm willing to do that or not ;).

Seek forgiveness for sure lol! BTW I bid on one of those many OKW E contracts they listed and was told seller wants asking, dues, closing costs and admin fee to be all paid by the buyer. I'm contemplating whether I'm willing to do that or not ;).
Not a surprise they would want everything. On a larger contract I would be ok paying for all of it with a $90 ask. My problem is on a 29 point contract, no way would I pay $225 admin fee plus closing costs. That would add about $28 pp. Largest contract was 100 points on the OKWE. At least on that contract its only $2.25 pp for the admin fee.

I thought the broker in these transactions acts as an intermediary and the main benefit is they get listing/commission.
When I sell my house, the listing broker works for me, even though the buyer's cash is what pays for the commission. It is only when the buyer also has an engagement with the same broker that the rules change.

In a typical DVC purchase, my understanding is that the buyer is independent, while the seller is represented. That is, of course, unless the buyer engages an agent on their behalf.

Not a surprise they would want everything. On a larger contract I would be ok paying for all of it with a $90 ask. My problem is on a 29 point contract, no way would I pay $225 admin fee plus closing costs. That would add about $28 pp. Largest contract was 100 points on the OKWE. At least on that contract its only $2.25 pp for the admin fee.
Yeah I worked it out also and thought no way I'm doing this.........I'll keep on with my "unreasonable" yet passing BCV offers.

I guess I am more along the thinking of Brian Noble when it comes to DVC. I plan on keeping every contract I purchase until expiry and using every point every year.

That being said, Aulani sub dues are a 25% reduction (until expiry) from the "normal" dues paid by the majority of owners. It is currently the least expensive point in DVC. It is a relatively expensive point chart, but as one of the original 14, you cause the points at other resorts (not including Riviera and future).

I purchased sub dues Aulani. I am only regretting that I didn't get this great of a deal :)
I should have also mentioned that I had a lot of convincing to do just to get into my first contract. A lower initial cost helped win the war.

Agreed, if I was going to offer, I would ask them to pay the fee.

I would guess so with them being the same, all coming up for sale at the same time. I asked Fidelity once before whether contracts by the same owner could be grouped together for lesser closing costs and they said no.
I recently purchased 2 aulani resale contracts at the same time from the same owner and First American treated it as a single closing, only cost me an extra $100 search fee for the second contract. I didn't buy these through Fidelity though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!