ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I snagged the 90pt one, first time buyer here 🫣 eekkkk lol
Congrats, what a great deal for your first purchase. I really would like to grab one or two but the admin fee and separate closing fees doesn't work for us. If we hadn't already sent BLT we would have grabbed at least two of them.

What are the chances my SSR contract for 100 points 92$/ pt doesn’t get taken? I feel like Disney will take this one back

Right now Disney isn't taking anything in ROFR. Only contracts the main DVC resellers have mentioned is CCV being taken.
Yes, that is all I've seen on a few of the sites reported... and the number of those taken back have been very small. 4 total from one broker in January and all CCV.

This gives me hope! I've bid on a few BCV this last week and some have acted sooooo offended that I offered this amount. Eventually someone will bite (or they won't and I'll still be ok.
)we bought BCV last spring at $145 & $150pp on 2 different contracts. That was $25-30 below what they were selling for than. I figured if I was to buy today I would not pay over $135 pp due to decreased years of usage. I'm not sure what some owners think but if you pay much over $140pp right now, it would be cheaper to rent points than buy.

Last edited:
Here is the original language from my contract:

There are 143 points available now + 150 points coming Dec 1, 2023 and every year thereafter. BROKER, is not liable for point inaccuracies when/if discovered BROKER, the Disney Vacation Club (during their review of the contract terms for Right of First Refusal), or the title company at closing. Any points remaining from previous Use Years at time of closing transfer to Buyer.

IMHO this protects the broker but does nothing to protect me. Here is the addendum I had the broker add:

Buyer and Seller agree that if there are less points available, at time of closing, than stated in the
contract then the Buyer has the right to cancel the contract and have the deposit refunded in full or
the buyer may proceed with the transaction and receive a rental fee from the seller of $25.00 per
point for the missing points. This is at the buyer's sole discretion.

this has just my experience and opinion. I am not an attorney.
Thank you very much, that makes a lot of sense.

I would like it to pair it with our current 75 OKWE contract so that we can book a 3bdrm every couple of years. The Dues are high, but the grand villas at OKW have way lower point charts than all the other three bedrooms except the treehouses.
Yes…don’t love those OKW dues though…
The dues at OKW since 1998 ($6.72) have gone up over 39% ($9.36) in 5 years. It's astonishing. If they continue to rise at an average of 5% as they have since the beginning in 1992 the 2042 dues will be close to $25 a point.😯

Just PASSED!!! I am so happy! Have been refreshing my email like a crazy person all day as I saw a few people pass yesterday who submitted the day before us.

Since we submitted the offer I’ve seen one pass lower than this, but it’s still lower than the offer we made a couple of months ago on a different VGF one so I’m delighted! We also own at SSR (direct) and BLT (resale).

Pooh’s-Honey-Pot---$164-$22340-125-VGF-Aug-0/21, 0/22, 125/23, 125/24- sent 1/18, passed 2/8

Maybe ROFR will be gone for a while. Disney just reported earnings announcing a significant reorganization and 7,000 job cuts. Iger looking to reduce balance sheet significantly by the end of 2024 by "taking a hard look at all costs."
Hope the parks don't suffer too much. Can not kill the golden goose.

Maybe ROFR will be gone for a while. Disney just reported earnings announcing a significant reorganization and 7,000 job cuts. Iger looking to reduce balance sheet significantly by the end of 2024 by "taking a hard look at all costs."
Hope the parks don't suffer too much. Can not kill the golden goose.
Ongoing negotiations with the unions is probably a bigger concern when it comes to the parks. Can’t imagine those costs not getting passed on to the consumers. Iger is gonna have to thread some tight needles going forward.

LOL for real though, imo VGC is superior both from a location but also a theming standpoint. The thing that held me back from getting VDH is pretty much knowing that if I bought VDH, I'd just turn around and be jealous I didn't own VGC so I'm just going to wait to get it. If you have enough VGC and you don't care about being able to use the points at future resorts/longer contract then I'd be content if I were you.
The DCA entrance is nice for sure but the VDH tower is a 5 minute walk to the Monorail. I stayed in the Adventure Tower at DH last year and it was a pretty easy monorail ride into Tomorrowland. I'm a sucker for Trader Sam's and no other hotel has the theming and old school vibe of DH. I'm a bit afraid the new VDH tower won't be as true to the original though.

I submitted close to 10 offers at various sites. One agent told me that $125 was unrealistic and would never pass ROFR. She didn't pass my offer on to the seller. One seller countered at a rate above their original ask. For this offer, the seller did not counter. I randomly got an email back to my initial submission on Fidelity saying "congratulations!". Honestly, I was surprised!
Petty thoughts passed through my head reading about the agent. I would be tempted to pull a "Well, what do you know, a $125pp did pass." Have you looked to see if that contract was picked up by someone else yet?

Hi everyone! I bought my first contract one year ago at OKW when the ROFR monster was in rare form. Now I’m back looking at a small contract at BWV. How’s the environment looking now?!?

Petty thoughts passed through my head reading about the agent. I would be tempted to pull a "Well, what do you know, a $125pp did pass." Have you looked to see if that contract was picked up by someone else yet?
I told an agent that multiple BLT contracts passed at a lower price than I offered. They did not care. His opinion was that those contracts did not compare to the contracts he listed because his listing were loaded contracts. If the people on this board said their contracts were loaded his implication was they were lying

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter