ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, quick question! Both parties signed contracts yesterday, broker said today around lunchtime that she was still waiting on the sellers to sign two other documents. Does anyone know what they are?

Hey guys, quick question! Both parties signed contracts yesterday, broker said today around lunchtime that she was still waiting on the sellers to sign two other documents. Does anyone know what they are?
Do you have an international seller by any chance? I once bought from one and there were some extra forms required in that case. It was Aulani but not sure that it matters if they are international...

Do you have an international seller by any chance? I once bought from one and there were some extra forms required in that case. It was Aulani but not sure that it matters if they are international...
No, no mention of international sellers.
we bought a contract last year and the sellers were international for that one and I’m thinking that one took a couple of days didn’t seem long though. Just wanted to know exactly what other documents they had to sign.

Last edited:

Aulani subsidized dues up on https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/ right now. I feel like a few pages ago someone was looking for one. Doesn't seem to be a bad price.
Looked like a very good price - until somebody posted theirs passing ROFR at $83 :( The $83 might be an outlier, but it does make the calculations, even for a subsidized at $115/point look less of a sure thing. My guess is it will sell quickly to someone who just thinks Hawaii Deal ;) a lot of sales is FOMO and when you add Hawaii ... it's like a siren's song. (Umm, yes, I still want it lol).

Hi there! Longtime lurker. I've been following the boards wanting to purchase a DVC resale. Today, I finally put an offer in and it was accepted! Yay! I still haven't received the contract to sign, so I will wait to add my final numbers to the thread. We bought at Poly. We have been there twice and I love how I feel like I'm back in Hawaii. I was hesitant to purchase there due to the unknown with Poly2, but just had to be ok with whatever Disney decides there. We would be totally fine if we only had the original Poly studios to stay in. We have 3 young kids, so as a family of 5, went back and forth so many times trying to decide if we should buy VGF or BLT instead for the 1 bedrooms-but I just kept thinking how much I love the Polynesian, so it was really the only choice for us.

Just wanted to say Hi and we are super excited to be part of the group.

Hi there! Longtime lurker. I've been following the boards wanting to purchase a DVC resale. Today, I finally put an offer in and it was accepted! Yay! I still haven't received the contract to sign, so I will wait to add my final numbers to the thread. We bought at Poly. We have been there twice and I love how I feel like I'm back in Hawaii. I was hesitant to purchase there due to the unknown with Poly2, but just had to be ok with whatever Disney decides there. We would be totally fine if we only had the original Poly studios to stay in. We have 3 young kids, so as a family of 5, went back and forth so many times trying to decide if we should buy VGF or BLT instead for the 1 bedrooms-but I just kept thinking how much I love the Polynesian, so it was really the only choice for us.

Welcome future neighbor! I have a POLY contract and have never stayed there and only have stayed at BLT/VGF and once at BWV. The points are fun and give a lot of options, at least that’s been my experience.

I know I'm the voice in the wilderness about this, but I'm always taken aback by the idea of thinking of DVC as an investment or income-producing asset, even in part.

That's not to say that I don't understand or believe that the resale value can go up--it can, and it has. I also understand that DVC rentals can produce decent returns, especially for someone with a long-term holding and correspondingly low cost basis. But for me the value in DVC (or in any timeshare, for that matter) is in the using. In particular, it's that they force me to take more vacations than I would if left to my own devices. Thinking about it as an investment seems to put the cart before the horse, and gives me a reason for not taking that vacation (oooh! I could make some money instead!)

I'd rather stick my investment activity to investments--in my case, mostly boring low-fee stock and bond index funds, held for the long term. I like boring. My timeshares are for taking vacations. If they happen to net a few dollars along the way, fine, but to me that's beside the point.
Well, I have no idea where you got that I view this as an investment? We were only considering selling because we weren’t happy about the rolling of the new hotel rooms into the existing association. My point was that there isn’t incentive to sell it.

We don’t really need to sell it and will be just fine using the points… at Aulani :)

Luckily, more of the resorts seem to be adding bed space for the 5th person, so that will help with future booking options too. Poly sounds like the perfect Home Resort choice - congrats!!

It was me. It's not my use year. Turn away self, turn away (how bad is it to have 2 UYs again?)
Considering that a subsidized AUL seems to be very desirable, I am guessing it will sell for at least $115. For me, that would be $25 more per point than I am buying an unsubsidized contract for as well as a bit more points than I want. I did the math, and it would take me 11 years (with current dues difference) before it saved me any money. I don't know that I will even have the contract that long. This is why there is no FOMO here. Best of luck to those bidding on it :)

Welcome. Poly is great. I don't own there, but have stayed a few times and will again twice this year. When you add your details, use the string tool on pg. 1 so Pangyal can easily add your info to the Waiting list and so forth.

Considering that a subsidized AUL seems to be very desirable, I am guessing it will sell for at least $115. For me, that would be $25 more per point than I am buying an unsubsidized contract for as well as a bit more points than I want. I did the math, and it would take me 11 years (with current dues difference) before it saved me any money. I don't know that I will even have the contract that long. This is why there is no FOMO here. Best of luck to those bidding on it :)
And that’s what turned me back to looking at unsubsidized when I did the math.

I guess I am more along the thinking of Brian Noble when it comes to DVC. I plan on keeping every contract I purchase until expiry and using every point every year.

That being said, Aulani sub dues are a 25% reduction (until expiry) from the "normal" dues paid by the majority of owners. It is currently the least expensive point in DVC. It is a relatively expensive point chart, but as one of the original 14, you cause the points at other resorts (not including Riviera and future).

I purchased sub dues Aulani. I am only regretting that I didn't get this great of a deal :)

thank_the_phoenicians88---$125-$19715-150-BCV-Aug-0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/18

Last year Disney took my deal at $160 a point, I wonder if they will do it again. I like the motto, "they can't take 'em all".
thank_the_phoenicians88---$125-$19715-150-BCV-Aug-0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/18, passed 2/8

I guess the ROFR machine really is taking a nap right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter