ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank_the_phoenicians88---$125-$19715-150-BCV-Aug-0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/18, passed 2/8

I guess the ROFR machine really is taking a nap right now.
I hope this stays true for a while.

I just don't see why Disney takes some and not others. At the end of the day...lets say this was a 20 point contract at $125 vs the $160 from last year. The difference for Disney is only $700. To me its cents for Disney one way or the other. For a 150 point contract you are looking at $4,000 different but at 20K is that even really a big deal.

I have to believe they buy contracts not based on cost per point but based on their need for points to sell direct or really wanting to reduce inventory to convert rooms to cash/add inventory back into non-dvc in hotels.

FYI anyone looking for OKW Feb Use Year https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/ just released a whole bunch(19) of $90 pp small OKW and OKWE contracts. Would love to grab some at that price, but already waiting on my BLT contract. Not a fan of small contracts with their $225 fee and separate closing fees but for many it will work well.

Last edited:

thank_the_phoenicians88---$125-$19715-150-BCV-Aug-0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/18, passed 2/8

I guess the ROFR machine really is taking a nap right now.
Congratulations! Just curious. How many times were you laughed out of the room before someone took your offer? This is a great price!

Congratulations! Just curious. How many times were you laughed out of the room before someone took your offer? This is a great price!
I submitted close to 10 offers at various sites. One agent told me that $125 was unrealistic and would never pass ROFR. She didn't pass my offer on to the seller. One seller countered at a rate above their original ask. For this offer, the seller did not counter. I randomly got an email back to my initial submission on Fidelity saying "congratulations!". Honestly, I was surprised!

I submitted close to 10 offers at various sites. One agent told me that $125 was unrealistic and would never pass ROFR. She didn't pass my offer on to the seller. One seller countered at a rate above their original ask. For this offer, the seller did not counter. I randomly got an email back to my initial submission on Fidelity saying "congratulations!". Honestly, I was surprised!
I remember reading some place that the agent has to present the offer, no matter what it is. Maybe it is not true but sounds like someone was just looking out for their own commission or knew the seller would be upset. Either way, they should just be honest.

Probably not but worst they can say is no right?
Agreed, if I was going to offer, I would ask them to pay the fee.
Are they owned by one owner, I wonder 🤔
I would guess so with them being the same, all coming up for sale at the same time. I asked Fidelity once before whether contracts by the same owner could be grouped together for lesser closing costs and they said no.

I just bid on one of those many OKW....we shall see how it goes!
Good luck, ugh its killing me, I really want to but my wife says that the 160 BLT we are adding is enough, pfffft, what is enough? Until we hit 8000 points(the rumored limit) is it really enough????? 8-)

I think if I could I would back out of the BLT $130 PP contract and buy a bunch of the OKWE contracts

Good luck, ugh its killing me, I really want to but my wife says that the 160 BLT we are adding is enough, pfffft, what is enough? Until we hit 8000 points(the rumored limit) is it really enough????? 8-)

I think if I could I would back out of the BLT $130 PP contract and buy a bunch of the OKWE contracts
If they would combine closing costs I would buy more myself lol!

$25 more per point
A 9% (after-tax) return isn't half bad, but right on the border for me. Assume the sales spread will hold up over the next <10 years, so it still can make sense.

I just don't see why Disney takes some and not others.
Do not try to discern the drunken monkey's dart-throwing ways. Only madness lies there.

I remember reading some place that the agent has to present the offer, no matter what it is.
I don't think this is true. An owner may have standing instructions that they don't want to be bothered with offers below $X. Also, the broker does not have to tell you the truth--they do not work for you, they work for the seller. So they might say they won't present the offer to get you to goose it up a little bit, even if ultimately they do anyway.

The 8000 limit is in the POS..so it not just a rumor! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter