River Country update

I allways loved the walkway and the gazebo as well as the view of RC from the launch to MK it was an icon and gave me a sence of Disney past. Like the old condemed building down the road even if you were never in the building your imagination still runs wild of all the things that may have went on there.
But in the end this is progress just think of all neat old things that had to go to make way for the ones we love and some day even thoes will wave to step aside for something new and better.
Some day your children will look up at that tall structure at DS and say that used to be the TOT bot they updated and converted it into (fill in the blank) years ago:sad1:

Some day your children will look up at that tall structure at DS and say that used to be the TOT bot they updated and converted it into (fill in the blank) years ago:sad1:
That's like the conversation I had with my kids when we parked our stroller near Its a Small World, and I told them when I was a kid you could board a skyway here to Tomorrowland. They thought that sounded awesome! But, now all you can do is park your stroller there.

watching and waiting to see what's happening..........

FWVacOct09630.jpg

Thanks Tony! Really going to miss seeing that from the boat.....

Me too. Even though it wasn't accessible, it was awesome to see it there.
I wish we had some photos of what's going on there right now.
I may get to sneak over in a week, and take a quick look around.

Been looking back through albums from trips over the years. Found this one from Feb. 2007. 2 landmarks gone.

WDWFeb07575.jpg

Oh yes the OLD Shoe Tree. All the shoes went away during one of the Hurricanes. Keep that pic you can add it to the history of FW in 5 years.

The shoe tree was supposed to be for boat captains that retired. They would throw their shoes on the tree. Then, they took them all away....

The shoe tree was where shoes were thrown on college program kids' that worked the lake patrol or the launches last day there at Disney.

The shoe tree was supposed to be for boat captains that retired. They would throw their shoes on the tree. Then, they took them all away....

The shoe tree was where shoes were thrown on college program kids' that worked the lake patrol or the launches last day there at Disney.

So which is it?? :confused3:confused3

Actually Todd, the hurricanes had nothing to do with the "shoe tree" being stripped of their shoes. I'm assuming a Disney "suit" thought it was an "eye-sore" and ordered the tree cleaned out. The shoes were there until sometime in 2008.

It's probably CPs or any one that's leaving water craft that tosses them there.

The Rivers of America are full of boots, a few tillers, a microwave, wheel barrel, a stroller, alligators here and there. Occasionally a shoe will float to the top and it's removed. But until they drain it, it's all sitting down there.

Some of the people in the office at Ft Wilderness have confimed that River Country is being demolished as we speak to make way for more ($) sites. I don't think our new Resort General Manager has any emotional attachment to it like those of us who vacationed there with our families. I have always viewed River Country as the "Cinderella's Castle" of Ft Wilderness. Some places are just too special to be bulldozed; and River Country is one of them. How about a protest?

Some of the people in the office at Ft Wilderness have confimed that River Country is being demolished as we speak to make way for more ($) sites. I don't think our new Resort General Manager has any emotional attachment to it like those of us who vacationed there with our families. I have always viewed River Country as the "Cinderella's Castle" of Ft Wilderness. Some places are just too special to be bulldozed; and River Country is one of them. How about a protest?

Quite honestly, I'd much rather it be bulldozed than left the way it was. No way they're going to refurbish it, so might as well do something useful with the area.

I agree, although RC has many fond memories its best if the area is put to good use. If there are more sites, it may be easier to get reservations in the future.

Last weeks' episodes really left me very LOST!!!

Maybe that's what the Disney Imagineers are up to.....creating "Lost Land" outta the old RC?? That's the place you can take family members that are irritating you...send them in....and a character representing "Ben" will banish them to "the island".....never to be seen or heard from again! I would sell a kidney and a lung for that attraction! :lmao:

ooooh... What a devious idea. I like it..I really like it. :scratchin I've got a couple of family members I'd like to put at the front of the line for that attraction. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter