River Country update

By the way TCD is my hero. I like his style. I tend to push the rules too. Like taking my golf cart down the broken down nature trail and nearly getting stuck! I had a heck of a time backing all the way out! WHEW! I was lucky nobody caught us that day.

Along those lines, if you're out "deer hunting" with a golf cart and a spotlight behind the cabins off the main road near the hitch/unhitch area, be sure your friend takes the double stroller off the roof of the golf cart first. :rolleyes1

srsly... never laughed so damned hard in my entire life. :rotfl2:

Last month while staying at the Fort, we took the Segway tour and we were told that yes they are tearing down the old water park and they have plans to extend the campgrounds.

Bets on what those "Ultra Super Duper Premium" waterfront sites will cost during peak season? $200? $300? :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan-man
River Country had to go in order to move ahead with the new Fort Wilderness DVC development

I'd use my points for a stay!

Does anybody remember this? I posted this back on Nov 1, 2009...the info was shot down at the time....maybe it's coming true after all. Lifeguards might know more than you think.:confused3

This weekend while sitting in the hot tub at FW. A woman said the lifeguard at the pool told her that Disney was looking into tearing down the old River Country area and making more premium sites along the lakefront. What do you think? This this will happen?

I hope not- I thought it was pretty crowded this weekend almost every site was full and they turned over very fast. One hour they were empty the next someone had moved in. I think they already have the right balance of cabins and campsites.

If that is what they are up to I would have to try one of those sites if I could get in one. But then again maybe it will make it a little easier to get reservations?

Naaa it won't what am I thinking?

Does anybody remember this? I posted this back on Nov 1, 2009...the info was shot down at the time....maybe it's coming true after all. Lifeguards might know more than you think.:confused3

It would be nice if they were able to keep the other pool at RC though. The two pools at FW tend to get filled up quickly and it would be a great spot, being near the lake and all.

lakeside campsites....sounds like a great idea.....but can you imagine what Disney would charge for those sites???? I wonder how they would catagorize them!!!!!

I'm tellin' ya, DVC...

Fort-Wilderness-DVC-redux.jpg

River Country had to go so that the new DVC loop could relate to the established Fort Wilderness amenities.
ShantaClausSm.png

I so wish you are right Shan! It is so difficult to get into the FW on DVC points. It would be great if there as a section for DVC members. I would definitely be adding on points to our DVC membership.

I would bet that the fee would be either your first born child, or an arm and a leg for those without children.

They might call them extra special premium sites? Or maybe they would call them super duper premium sites?

It's... Double Secret Probation Premuim Sites. Because fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go camping.

The unofficial official word is they will be called the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Sites.

ShantaClausSm.png

Hey Shan-Man! Do you read this thread?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2314520

I keep wondering if they are talking about you when they talk about meeting Santa Claus.

No, I don't follow that thread, but I did go there and tried to search, but got no hits for "Santa" or "Claus". I don't have time to read 20 pages of posts right now. Can you tell me the gist of the encounter? I sure hope it wasn't me since the thread is about worst character encounters:scared1:
ShantaClausSm.png

Are there any on-site "reporters" that can give us a updated Fort report regarding RC?

Just got back yesterday, saw some workers cutting down the post railings on the over the water walkway and gazebo near RC. I have a pic, but I'm trying to figure out how to post it! Also seemed to be a lot of new "mulch" in the flower beds and trees around MK, maybe grinding up the posts?

I was able to make my avatar pic the pic I wanted to put up here...best I could do for now!

ResizeofDSCN1308.jpg

No, I don't follow that thread, but I did go there and tried to search, but got no hits for "Santa" or "Claus". I don't have time to read 20 pages of posts right now. Can you tell me the gist of the encounter? I sure hope it wasn't me since the thread is about worst character encounters:scared1:
ShantaClausSm.png

It was basically just about people meeting Santa at Epcot and being embarassed because their kids would stop and stare or run over to him. It was pretty funny. I immediately thought of you after I read your TR since you spent so much time at Epcot. They were just wondering who you are. Someone later mentioned that maybe it was somebody from the camping board who looks like Santa(I'd already thought that before then :))

The commencement paperwork is current but if you look at the date on the drawing page it's from 1994. They probably just used the drawing to show the locations. All we can do is wait and see.

These notes were in Mouseplanet this week.

River Country – removal/demolition of the Nature Walk Boardwalk.
Fort Wilderness Resort Pioneer Hall – completion of the rehab.

I'm wondering if the demo up front is the 2nd item.

If you'll remember, when the massive rehab was announced in 08, they mentioned that "River Country" belonged to attractions and would not be part of the rehab.

I'm wondering if "attractions" released the buildings that were placed in front of the walls (the pavilion, the bath house, etc.,) that those building became part of the "Pioneer Hall"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter