Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Keep in mind that the version of this from last year specifically said you had to enter Disneyland first to try for a boarding group. This version does not say that - all it says is that you need to have a park reservation for DL.

They haven't announced those details yet. The info here is from a Disney blogger, but it jibes with what Disney has announced (and what they're already doing at WDW).

I am going to take the bloggers info about 7am and 12pm with a grain of salt as it is not official. There will definitely be 2 chances for boarding groups per day but we dont officially know the times of joining those groups or if you have to be in the park or not. This can easily change on Disneyland.com when they release this info. It would make sense, however, if they did go the route of 7am without being on property to not cause large crowds at the entrance.

I found a source for where the info may be coming from. There was an update added to the OC Register article about ROTR virtual queues (scroll to the bottom of the article):

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/04/...tual-queue-will-work-when-disneyland-reopens/
Disneyland announces Rise of the Resistance virtual queue distribution times

Star Wars fans eager to blast off on a rescue mission to a Star Destroyer on the Rise of the Resistance attraction in Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland will have a new virtual queue boarding procedure to follow when the park returns after a yearlong coronavirus closure.

Boarding passes for the popular Rise of the Resistance will be issued twice a day for the dark ride’s virtual queue — once in morning when Disneyland opens and again in the afternoon.

UPDATED: Morning and midday Rise of the Resistance virtual queue boarding group distribution times added to the story below.

Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will reopen for the first time on April 30 after the COVID-19 pandemic closed the Anaheim theme parks for more than a year.

The new Rise of the Resistance trackless dark ride had been open for less than two months when Disneyland closed in March 2020. An identical version of the attraction opened in late 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida to big buzz and massive crowds.

Rise of the Resistance enlists recruits to join a battle between the heroic Resistance and the villainous First Order. Along the way, the recruits will be captured aboard a Star Destroyer, break out of a First Order detention cell, elude the clutches of Kylo Ren and escape back to a secret base on the Star Wars planet of Batuu, the setting for the new Galaxy’s Edge lands at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Demand for the wildly popular Star Wars attraction was off the charts before Disneyland closed because of the pandemic. Large crowds gathered each morning and boarding passes for the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue typically disappeared in minutes — sometimes in seconds.

Disneyland appears to be taking a page from Disney’s Hollywood Studios’s pandemic playbook. The Disney World park experimented with a few virtual queue strategies in hopes of reducing crowding — a key concern under COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.

The morning and afternoon virtual queues are intended to reduce the demand at park opening on the virtual queue system and also address the parkhopping predicament Disneyland faces in the pandemic age.

Parkhopper tickets will be available when Disneyland and DCA reopen — but visitors will have to choose the theme park where they will start their day. Parkhoppers can cross over to the other park starting at 1 p.m.

That means visitors who make a DCA reservation won’t be able to immediately pop over to Disneyland and snag a spot in the make a Rise of the Resistance morning virtual queue. But fortunately they won’t be necessary.

Visitors with DCA reservations can access the second virtual queue opportunity from Disney California Adventure — provided they have a parkhopper ticket. Visitors will not be required to have entered Disneyland to access the second virtual queue of the day.

It remains to be seen at what time the Rise of the Resistance afternoon virtual queue will become available each day at Disneyland. In Florida, Disney’s Hollywood Studios opened the afternoon virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance and allowed parkhopping at the same time — meaning parkhoppers typically missed out on the afternoon virtual queue slots.

The time for Rise of the Resistance afternoon virtual queue will be set at a later date.

UPDATED on Thursday, April 22 at 5:30 p.m.: Disneyland will distribute virtual queue boarding group return times for the Rise of the Resistance attraction at 7 a.m. and noon each day.

Visitors accessing the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue boarding groups at 7 a.m. will need to have a Disneyland ticket and reservation, but won’t need to be at the park. The virtual queue can be accessed via the Disneyland app from anywhere — your hotel room, at home or on the way to the park. Visitors with a Disney California Adventure parkhopper ticket won’t be able to access the 7 a.m. virtual queue boarding groups.

Both Disneyland ticket holders and visitors with DCA parkhopper tickets will be able to access the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue boarding groups at Noon each day. For the midday virtual queue, visitors will have to have entered Disneyland or DCA. Those with DCA tickets won’t need to be in Disneyland to access the virtual queue boarding groups.

Visitors with DCA parkhopper tickets will be able to enter Disneyland starting at 1 p.m. each day. Visitors with single-park tickets for Disney California Adventure won’t have access to the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue.

I found a source for where the info may be coming from. There was an update added to the OC Register article about ROTR virtual queues (scroll to the bottom of the article):

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/04/...tual-queue-will-work-when-disneyland-reopens/
Disneyland announces Rise of the Resistance virtual queue distribution times

Star Wars fans eager to blast off on a rescue mission to a Star Destroyer on the Rise of the Resistance attraction in Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland will have a new virtual queue boarding procedure to follow when the park returns after a yearlong coronavirus closure.

Boarding passes for the popular Rise of the Resistance will be issued twice a day for the dark ride’s virtual queue — once in morning when Disneyland opens and again in the afternoon.

UPDATED: Morning and midday Rise of the Resistance virtual queue boarding group distribution times added to the story below.

Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will reopen for the first time on April 30 after the COVID-19 pandemic closed the Anaheim theme parks for more than a year.

The new Rise of the Resistance trackless dark ride had been open for less than two months when Disneyland closed in March 2020. An identical version of the attraction opened in late 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida to big buzz and massive crowds.

Rise of the Resistance enlists recruits to join a battle between the heroic Resistance and the villainous First Order. Along the way, the recruits will be captured aboard a Star Destroyer, break out of a First Order detention cell, elude the clutches of Kylo Ren and escape back to a secret base on the Star Wars planet of Batuu, the setting for the new Galaxy’s Edge lands at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Demand for the wildly popular Star Wars attraction was off the charts before Disneyland closed because of the pandemic. Large crowds gathered each morning and boarding passes for the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue typically disappeared in minutes — sometimes in seconds.

Disneyland appears to be taking a page from Disney’s Hollywood Studios’s pandemic playbook. The Disney World park experimented with a few virtual queue strategies in hopes of reducing crowding — a key concern under COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.

The morning and afternoon virtual queues are intended to reduce the demand at park opening on the virtual queue system and also address the parkhopping predicament Disneyland faces in the pandemic age.

Parkhopper tickets will be available when Disneyland and DCA reopen — but visitors will have to choose the theme park where they will start their day. Parkhoppers can cross over to the other park starting at 1 p.m.

That means visitors who make a DCA reservation won’t be able to immediately pop over to Disneyland and snag a spot in the make a Rise of the Resistance morning virtual queue. But fortunately they won’t be necessary.

Visitors with DCA reservations can access the second virtual queue opportunity from Disney California Adventure — provided they have a parkhopper ticket. Visitors will not be required to have entered Disneyland to access the second virtual queue of the day.

It remains to be seen at what time the Rise of the Resistance afternoon virtual queue will become available each day at Disneyland. In Florida, Disney’s Hollywood Studios opened the afternoon virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance and allowed parkhopping at the same time — meaning parkhoppers typically missed out on the afternoon virtual queue slots.

The time for Rise of the Resistance afternoon virtual queue will be set at a later date.

UPDATED on Thursday, April 22 at 5:30 p.m.: Disneyland will distribute virtual queue boarding group return times for the Rise of the Resistance attraction at 7 a.m. and noon each day.

Visitors accessing the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue boarding groups at 7 a.m. will need to have a Disneyland ticket and reservation, but won’t need to be at the park. The virtual queue can be accessed via the Disneyland app from anywhere — your hotel room, at home or on the way to the park. Visitors with a Disney California Adventure parkhopper ticket won’t be able to access the 7 a.m. virtual queue boarding groups.

Both Disneyland ticket holders and visitors with DCA parkhopper tickets will be able to access the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue boarding groups at Noon each day. For the midday virtual queue, visitors will have to have entered Disneyland or DCA. Those with DCA tickets won’t need to be in Disneyland to access the virtual queue boarding groups.

Visitors with DCA parkhopper tickets will be able to enter Disneyland starting at 1 p.m. each day. Visitors with single-park tickets for Disney California Adventure won’t have access to the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue.

Thank you. I wonder where the oc register is getting their info. Disney has not made an official announcement on the times or has said you dont need to be in the park for the first batch of boarding group reservations. Maybe they will update soon. I would think disneyland.com would say this before the oc register.

Thank you. I wonder where the oc register is getting their info. Disney has not made an official announcement on the times or has said you dont need to be in the park for the first batch of boarding group reservations. Maybe they will update soon. I would think disneyland.com would say this before the oc register.
'I find your lack of faith disturbing'

I had the same fear but from Long Beach! :laughing:
I can make it to DL from North County SD in about an hour, depending on traffic. Get it at 7:00 (hopefully), boogie up 5N (have to stop at Starbucks), parked before 9:00, and through the gates by 9:30, I hope. :) Seems like the first BG wouldn't be called before then, based on past history.

I guess the 7 am time is good for locals driving to the park (maybe Disney doesn't want distracted drivers manically trying for a boarding group while driving down I-5) but as someone coming from Northern California and staying walking distance to the park, I'm kind of bummed about having to roust multiple family members to simultaneously try for boarding groups at 7 am for a 9 am park opening -- we were kind of looking forward to sleeping in a little with the shortened park hours (of course, who knows how long it will take to get through security and if they will open the parks early, so we may need to be up by then anyway). And this new process is definitely better than the old have to be scanned into the park approach.

I guess the 7 am time is good for locals driving to the park (maybe Disney doesn't want distracted drivers manically trying for a boarding group while driving down I-5) but as someone coming from Northern California and staying walking distance to the park, I'm kind of bummed about having to roust multiple family members to simultaneously try for boarding groups at 7 am for a 9 am park opening -- we were kind of looking forward to sleeping in a little with the shortened park hours (of course, who knows how long it will take to get through security and if they will open the parks early, so we may need to be up by then anyway). And this new process is definitely better than the old have to be scanned into the park approach.

You have an hour window to get to your boarding group. So even if you got the very first group (which probably doesn't start right at 9am) you technically have until 10am to arrive.

Is that a news site for cast members or a forum like this one?
It’s the internal portal for cast members. I saw the actual announcement to them on IG. I’ll see if it’s still there, but it may not be because it was on a story yesterday. (ETA: unfortunately it’s passed the 24 hours, so gone).

Here is the description of the HUB

25813432-E173-46A2-AD18-95F23987CA43.jpeg

It’s the internal portal for cast members. I saw the actual announcement to them on IG. I’ll see if it’s still there, but it may not be because it was on a story yesterday. (ETA: unfortunately it’s passed the 24 hours, so gone).

Here is the description of the HUB

View attachment 570059
Thank you that is very helpful. It sounds like disney informs their cast members of updates before officially announcing them on the Disneyland website. Looks like I will have 2 chances on the 22nd and 29th at 7 am and 12pm and 1 chance on the 4th at 12pm. Wish me luck. 😁

If it matters, Disney officially confirmed everything today:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...hecklist-for-your-visit-to-disneyland-resort/

Also seemingly confirming: no kiosks, app only.

----

If you’re starting your day at Disneyland park, access the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance virtual queue from wherever you are, beginning at 7 a.m.

As previously mentioned, we will continue using a virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and you can only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Beginning April 30, our distribution times for the virtual queue enrollment will be at 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. daily.**

Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation who will start their day at Disneyland park will be able to access the virtual queue system with the mobile app and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation. This can be done before you leave your hotel, home, or wherever else you may be at that time! Guests will need to have their park tickets linked to their Disney account.

If you don’t begin your day at Disneyland park, you may still be able to access the virtual queue opportunity beginning at 12 p.m. Guests who have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disney California Adventure park with a Park Hopper ticket by noon, may access the virtual queue system to check for available boarding groups beginning at 12 p.m. Such guests who obtain a boarding group may then enter Disneyland park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their boarding group, subject to availability. For additional details on the virtual queue, visit Disneyland.com.

**You must have a valid admission ticket and theme park reservation for Disneyland park. Access to a Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day. Distribution times are subject to change or cancellation. Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

If it matters, Disney officially confirmed everything today:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...hecklist-for-your-visit-to-disneyland-resort/

Also seemingly confirming: no kiosks, app only.

----

If you’re starting your day at Disneyland park, access the Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance virtual queue from wherever you are, beginning at 7 a.m.

As previously mentioned, we will continue using a virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. The attraction’s virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and you can only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Beginning April 30, our distribution times for the virtual queue enrollment will be at 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. daily.**

Guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation who will start their day at Disneyland park will be able to access the virtual queue system with the mobile app and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation. This can be done before you leave your hotel, home, or wherever else you may be at that time! Guests will need to have their park tickets linked to their Disney account.

If you don’t begin your day at Disneyland park, you may still be able to access the virtual queue opportunity beginning at 12 p.m. Guests who have a valid ticket and park reservation, and have entered Disney California Adventure park with a Park Hopper ticket by noon, may access the virtual queue system to check for available boarding groups beginning at 12 p.m. Such guests who obtain a boarding group may then enter Disneyland park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their boarding group, subject to availability. For additional details on the virtual queue, visit Disneyland.com.

**You must have a valid admission ticket and theme park reservation for Disneyland park. Access to a Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. In order to give as many Guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day. Distribution times are subject to change or cancellation. Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

Thank you! I hope I can ride at least 1 time on the 3 days I am there. I am glad I will have 5 chances to get in the queue since i start at dca on the 4th. Good luck to everyone trying to get a boarding pass.

So if I am reading that right "guests can only enter the virtual que once per day" but entering the que doesnt guaruntee a boarding pass then if you try in the morning and dont get one you are SOL for the afternoon and cant even try again?

So if I am reading that right "guests can only enter the virtual que once per day" but entering the que doesnt guaruntee a boarding pass then if you try in the morning and dont get one you are SOL for the afternoon and cant even try again?
If you try in the morning and don't get a boarding pass you can try again in the afternoon. Entering the virtual queue means you have a boarding group; trying and failing to get a group means you never entered the virtual queue

If you try in the morning and don't get a boarding pass you can try again in the afternoon. Entering the virtual queue means you have a boarding group; trying and failing to get a group means you never entered the virtual queue
Ok, thank you for the clarification. That makes more sense. It would be terrible to not get to try again if you missed in the morning

I think you might have saw part of this sentence:

"Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance"

Just means you're not guaranteed to ride just because you got a boarding group. As mentioned earlier, you can try both times if you aren't successful at 7am.

As we near April 30 (excitement!) I am working on some adjustments to the chart to incorporate the morning and afternoon distributions, and eliminating turnstile information since it is no longer necessary to be in the park to get the pass.

I assume that backup BGs are only distributed in the afternoon. Can anyone confirm how they do it at DHS? Assuming that is correct, I'm looking at the following chart format:

Looking forward to rising again on Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter