Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOPE. 8:01:20 flipped to Backups
So... honestly, I don’t see how BGs are going to last any longer unless they seriously up capacity. Someone I follow on IG posted a picture of the Esplanade this morning, and it really didn’t look too crazy to me... so if that’s the volume of people that fill BGs... when is that not going to happen? Hmmm...

We never relaunch my app within 10minutes of drop in fear of disney server doing weird things.

Using: Primary Phone: Samsung Note 10+; 2ndary Phone: Samsung S10; 3rd backup: ipad mini4 (slowest performer and rarely keeps up)
Party group other members: iphone 11Max x2; iphone 8

Prep: Morning routine:
Get to gates
Find fast ping and download times with open signal
hard restart phone
launch time.gov to verify phone timing
10min prior: relaunch Disney app - double check tickets refreshed and populated
5min prior; close out Bluetooth; wifi; close out all apps except time.gov and disney app
30sec prior watch time.gov to
10sec; start my head metronome counting
5sec; switch to app
0sec; find out more > Join Boarding Group > (if not red) hit Mystatus and Join a Boarding Group ==== had to do the last step once to date.

--worked for me 3of3 times on site with groups 1-26. Sticking with it until it fails :)

I played from home this morning as a practice run and the above method worked. After I clicked "Find Out More," this screen showed up:

Then I clicked on the red "Join Boarding Group" button and this screen showed up:

I'm at home obviously (in Arizona, not at the parks...that's why it shows 9:00 instead of 8:00 am). So for fun, I clicked the back button and it showed this:

Which might lead one to think "OMG! All of the boarding group are gone!" But I clicked on My Status and this screen showed up:

Do people give up and not bother with trying for a backup BG? Since they seem to last longer, it seems some people don't bother.
I figure it’s simply that a midweek non-early admission day doesn’t have as many people in the park at opening as an early admission and/or weekend day. Add to it that they opened an hour early due to an evening event, which may have thrown some people for a loop. Yesterday (an early admission day w/ a 9am opening) both regular & backup BG were gone almost immediately, so I doubt that interest has been waning this quickly, from one day to the next.

Early surge for BG drop....just like rope drop. Then trickles in for the others. Look at WDW. Despite a 700AM opening, regular BG still out very quickly and then backups lasting quite a long time.

I can see them stopping the early starts there soon and return to regular programming....until mmrr opens

Do people give up and not bother with trying for a backup BG? Since they seem to last longer, it seems some people don't bother.
Like last Wednesday, I think there just aren’t enough people in the park to fill the backups.

I expect that this would be the case on most Wednesdays until we hit Spring Break. There’s a reason that Wednesday morning is my very favorite time to visit Disneyland.

Like last Wednesday, I think there just aren’t enough people in the park to fill the backups.

I expect that this would be the case on most Wednesdays until we hit Spring Break. There’s a reason that Wednesday morning is my very favorite time to visit Disneyland.

Wednesdays are really the best. My high schooler has a random minimum day on Wednesday the 26th of February and I am seriously considering letting him and his brother play hooky from school so we can try for a BG if we strike out again on Monday the 3rd. Am I a bad mom?

Wednesdays are really the best. My high schooler has a random minimum day on Wednesday the 26th of February and I am seriously considering letting him and his brother play hooky from school so we can try for a BG if we strike out again on Monday the 3rd. Am I a bad mom?

As a high school teacher, unless he is in the middle of a mid-term or something, I would sure do that! Just one day... :)

I am the wrong person to ask; I’m pulling my daughter out after a half day to watch the first “Magic Happens” on the 28th. 😆 We’re already working on a costume based on the concept art sketches from the blog video.

I taught high school for 12 years and if he doesn’t mind missing, I’d definitely go for it.

As a high school teacher, unless he is in the middle of a mid-term or something, I would sure do that! Just one day... :)

Yeah, he missed 3 days a couple weeks ago and literally didn't miss anything of importance. The younger one is in a self contained special education classroom so him missing a day is inconsequential.

We will see how Feb 3 goes...

I've had parents pull kids out of school for WAY less reason than that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter