Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are anticipating a bad day...

They started at group 11. Groups 42 and above are backups.

That's 31 regular groups...

Can someone please explain to me what might make them anticipate such a low day today? I mean, I get that the park closes a bit early for the event tonight, but 42 seems REALLY low. Perhaps a planned downtime?

As far as I'm concerned -- DLR is part of one's education.

Amen. I would take a half day off of work on a Friday and grab my son and start driving from Nor Cal. He didn't know we were going half the time. I would just be messing around on Priceline to see if I could get a cheap hotel and when I did then we would go. I always took him out of school for every Disney World trip we went on and I have no regrets. Its live experience at its finest

Hi everyone!

My girlfriend and I are going next Wednesday but we need to do a ticket exchange at the box office. Is this something that can be done in the morning before or would this blow our chances at getting a boarding group? Can it be done online or the night before? Thanks for your help!

Could be a lot of reasons. Maybe there was a mechanical failure such that the attraction can only operate at half/quarter capacity (but the initial boarding call doesn't seem to bear that out). Perhaps they are planning to bring it down early to do some major rework. Or, it is also possible that overnight an issue was found that they thought would take until past noon to get up and running, so they limited RBGs, and then they managed to get it back up faster than expected. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

I am the wrong person to ask; I’m pulling my daughter out after a half day to watch the first “Magic Happens” on the 28th. 😆 We’re already working on a costume based on the concept art sketches from the blog video.

I taught high school for 12 years and if he doesn’t mind missing, I’d definitely go for it.

mmh kids are missing 5 days of school this fall when we go. I’m an educator. I’m not sorry.

Hi everyone!

My girlfriend and I are going next Wednesday but we need to do a ticket exchange at the box office. Is this something that can be done in the morning before or would this blow our chances at getting a boarding group? Can it be done online or the night before? Thanks for your help!
Do you have a barcode e ticket or a different kind of ticket? Usually you can do a ticket exchange the night before. If it’s a barcode e ticket they can do it at the gate that morning and will print your ticket media at the gate.

So, the tiny number of BGs today does leave some hope for future Wednesdays. Maybe they just want plenty of time to clear the ride completely before the party tonight? And they knew regular park attendance would be low today? Curious.

Do you have a barcode e ticket or a different kind of ticket? Usually you can do a ticket exchange the night before. If it’s a barcode e ticket they can do it at the gate that morning and will print your ticket media at the gate.

We have paper tickets so we’ll go the night before and try to exchange them. Thank you!

We have paper tickets so we’ll go the night before and try to exchange them. Thank you!
Do the paper tickets have a barcode on them? If they do you don’t need to do anything before hand. They will scan the barcode at the turn stiles in the morning and print your ticket at the turn stile.

Does anyone think the regular boarding groups ending at 41 is a mistake? I mean, they’re already on group 31 at 10am. :confused3
My thought is there was some issue this morning or late last night that they thought might be able to impact ride operations today. So they set the boarding groups lower in anticipation of being an issue. More of a playing it safe situation that way they weren't dealing with a hoard of upset guests if there was this potential issue.

Does anyone think the regular boarding groups ending at 41 is a mistake? I mean, they’re already on group 31 at 10am. :confused3
I have no idea how many backups they gave out, but given how long they lasted, it seems like this could be the day that everyone in the park when it opened actually gets to ride... since it seems that they’re going to hit a lot of the backups if the ride stays up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter