RFID Locks at Riverside

thewall2k

Mouseketeer
I just returned from a week long trip at Disney World and got to experience the new RFID Lock system.

While it is convenient to only have to wave the card(eventually bracelet) by the lock in order to get open there are problems.

4 separate times my wife, son(2 years old), and I returned from long days at the park and were unable to get into the room. We had to call down to the help desk, wait for a runner, and then have maintenance come and fix the lock again.

It was extremely frustrating to us all of course, and management did the best they could but when you return to your room for a nap with a sleeping baby the last thing you want is an hour and half inconvenience.

Sorry you had this problem. We've been in a few WDW resorts with these new locks and had no problem at all. Sounds like there may have been an issue with the installation in your room. Hope they fixed it.

We had them at SSR this past Nov. The only problem we had was the plastic covering kept falling off. After calling, they said it happened all the time, so we just put it on the counter. But thank goodness, we were never locked out. That stinks, OP!

Off topic: 700th post!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter