REPORTING LIVE FROM...Home! :(

Ahhh. Love it! We just landed in Chicago! On our way very soon :)
Awesome! Safe travels!

Just got home in Chicago! We have some crazy thunderstorms rolling through the area right now so I'm hoping they're gone in time for my 6am flight tomorrow to Orlando!
Pixie dust your way. Safe travels and we will see you tomorrow!

:(. In Chicago & won't be going anywhere for a veeeeery long time - weather is awful !
Hope things have cleared up?!

What an amazing room view!!! Ahhh that says "vacation" :thumbsup2

Glad to see eeyore loving Via Napoli.

Yes we are in heaven! This is exactly what we call vacation!

Ahhh, my happy place - thanks for posting
Ours too! Ur welcome!

Crazy storm is an understatment in the part of IL where we are.
But they have moved out now!!
Thank goodness! Stay safe and i hope everyone travelling doesn't run into any more dangerous weather!
Excellent!! I'm glad your Poly room is tip-top.:thumbsup2 Makes my heart warm just to hear it!!! I can't wait to get the details!
We are soooo pleased with our gorgeous room!

We have a TPV at the Poly lined up from Nov 5-15. I noticed the parking lot view at CR in your photo and I get what you mean about the Poly being so magical! You have a photo of the toiletries at CR, are they the same at Poly? And was your room request honored? Are you club level at Poly? We're not, but I noticed most of the DIS'ers on the Poly board seem to be, so I was just curious if you thought that was important...

The toiletries are a different flavor but also h2o. Watch for my next post for more pics of those!

We dont do club level. We did it once and really enjoyed it but we don't really see the benefit for the cost. I get why people love it but we would just rather put the money somewhere else...like parasailing or adding an extra night at the CR. Our room is a regular garden view and we requested 3rd floor samoa volcano side which is exactly what we got.

Samoa 3rd floor? (if yes, that's what we have our request in for)
Looks great! Can't wait to vacation vicariously through you and yours

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
It is and is exactly what we asked for. I hope you get it! It's perfect!

Great report! Enjoy your vacation and I will look forward to hearing more reports!! :)

Thanks for following along. More to come!

Thanks for helping me with my Disney fix!:thumbsup2

Anything i can do to help a fellow disney fan!

Toiletries in Samoa:
2012-08-04_10-46-08_424.jpg

I believe the soap is the same in the Poly as the CR:

2012-08-04_10-47-24_985.jpg

Towel mickey on the bed. We didn't get one of these at CR:

2012-08-04_10-48-34_27.jpg

Heavenly balcony:

2012-08-04_10-50-35_916.jpg

So right after the wonderful parasailing we hopped on the monorail and came to tbe front desk for our room assignment. We discovered we were granted our requests and were thrilled! We stopped to get our mugs and filled them up and went directly to the balcony to enjoy the view! We LOVE our room!:goodvibes

After resting a few minutes we headed to epcot. Left our room at 11:03 and entered epcot at111:30. 7 minute walk to monorail platform from samoa. Epcot was not crowded at all! At 11:30 security loomed like this:
2012-08-04_11-29-57_883.jpg

Not bad! We sent DS for soarin fps. Return time was 2:55-3:55 stand-by line 45 minites. Watched glassblower in mexico make a dragon rode the two boat rides, saw ziti sisters in italy drummers in japan then had lunch at via napoli. Eeyore enjoyed the adventures from this vantage point:

2012-08-04_11-38-06_905.jpg

iloveeeyore said:
So right after the wonderful parasailing we hopped on the monorail and came to tbe front desk for our room assignment. We discovered we were granted our requests and were thrilled! We stopped to get our mugs and filled them up and went directly to the balcony to enjoy the view! We LOVE our room!:goodvibes

After resting a few minutes we headed to epcot. Left our room at 11:03 and entered epcot at111:30. 7 minute walk to monorail platform from samoa. Epcot was not crowded at all! At 11:30 security loomed like this:

Not bad! We sent DS for soarin fps. Return time was 2:55-3:55 stand-by line 45 minites. Watched glassblower in mexico make a dragon rode the two boat rides, saw ziti sisters in italy drummers in japan then had lunch at via napoli. Eeyore enjoyed the adventures from this vantage point:

Hi . I am loving your report! Will be at the Poly on 8/31. Wish I was there now.

Crazy storm is an understatment in the part of IL where we are.
But they have moved out now!!

We live near Buffalo, NY and are to have those storms tomorrow -
they are described as severe for us -
we are in drought conditions - hope for rain, but not too severe !

Love this picture

I just noticed we are practically neighbors and that we have the same hula Eeyore. Glad to see he's enjoying the trip too. Looking forward to reading more tomorrow. Aloha.

After lunch the fp window enforcement forced us to do something we haven't! done in my memory...spend the late afternoon in future world. It was awesome! Except for a 75 minute stand by line for soarin the whole area seemed empty. Could have been partly due to the torrential rain that fell while we were enjoying lunch. It was sprinkling a bit when we made our way from VN to soarin. We got there just in time for or 3:55 latest time. After S! We rode Livin with the Land Figment ride which we haven't done in ages, clam mobile and hung out and watched the dolphins manatees and fish then rode Spaceship Earth. We took our time doing this and left the park by 6:25. We were back in our room by 6;47.

This is one of the things we just love about the Poly. So convenient to Epcot!

We rested in the room for an hour got some sodas in our mugs at captain cooks and enjoyed them on the balcony. It was a beautiful night not too hot! The pool didnt seem crowded.

We left our room a few minutes after 8. We reached the dock around 6 minutes after 8...just missed a boat. We waited about 13 minutes for another and got to mk dock by around 6:30. Walked right on a boat to fort wilderness for the HDDR! We love this show and it did not disappoint us last night! The chicken was a bit dry for a change but there was so much else to eat and we really werent that hungry so we didnt care. The show was fabulous! It was the 9;30 show that ended at 11:15. We waited in the bust until 11:35 went to CR first and then Poly. Back in room by 11:50. We were gonna go swimming but the bus ride made us cold and tired so we called it a night.

I did notice on our short walk back from the bus stop that there are definitely guests in Tokelau!

We are up and at em this morning for mk rope drop lunch.at liberty tree Dis meet at tambu dinner at citricos and emh at mk.

More on all that later!

Oh and i am still feeling a bit full from all of yesterdays eating!

Can't wait to read about VN at Epcot. Thinking about adding it to our dining experience. I've heard a lot about how great it is. Excited to hear about the crowd levels at MK and to see those castle pictures. My resort changing instincts are kicking in and now I'm thinking....Poly...hmmmm. Is the pool over crowded? This is one of my biggest fears.

We left our room at 8:30 and made it through the mk turnstiles by 8:42. Now waiting for welcome ceremony. Crowd not bad at this point.

Have a great day :). We'll be at the Poly bright & early tomorrow AM :). So glad he hear about the parasailing - our reservation is Monday morning :)

After reading all you did on Saturday it was a full day, but
today - starting with the rope drop (always fun and exciting - any pics ?)
you and Eeyore will be even busier.
Enjoy !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter