REPORTING LIVE FROM...Home! :(

I'll definitely await your dining review but did Eeyore not like the ooey, the gooey, or the toffee part of the cake?? :rotfl2: I LOVE that dessert - ice cream on the side please.

Looking forward to your adventures tomorrow!

Tambu with fightinillini229 and MCDomzal was fantastic! We had such nice conversation with wonderful people! We were a little disappointed we didn't meet anyone else. Hope everyone is well and enjoying their trip!

Eeyore couldn't decide whether he preferred the back scratcher or the lapu lapu!
2012-08-05_17-33-32_860.jpg

After our delightful predinner cocktails we headed over the the GF for a fabulous dinner at Citricos, our first time there. We checked in at 7:35 for our 8:00 adr but we wanted to allow more time to get to main street for wishes. It's a good thing they were able to seat us early because we just made it to the park as magic memories and you was beginning. We never get tired of wishes! It makes us cry every time!

Tambu with fightinillini229 and MCDomzal was fantastic! We had such nice conversation with wonderful people! We were a little disappointed we didn't meet anyone else. Hope everyone is well and enjoying their trip!

Eeyore couldn't decide whether he preferred the back scratcher or the lapu lapu!
2012-08-05_17-33-32_860.jpg

We were there but too shy to say hi!

We are on our way! Sitting here w/ tears in my eyes watching the bus welcome video ( it gets me every year). We waited 5 min in line & there are only 5 of us on the bus - 4 in my party lol :)

:hug:

We are on our way! Sitting here w/ tears in my eyes watching the bus welcome video ( it gets me every year). We waited 5 min in line & there are only 5 of us on the bus - 4 in my party lol :)
My DH laughs at me,I get the same way :goodvibes

The backscratcher was STRONG! I don't know if the bartender put too much in mine...I traded with DH who had Island Sunset...yum:thumbsup2

After our delightful predinner cocktails we headed over the the GF for a fabulous dinner at Citricos, our first time there. We checked in at 7:35 for our 8:00 adr but we wanted to allow more time to get to main street for wishes. It's a good thing they were able to seat us early because we just made it to the park as magic memories and you was beginning. We never get tired of wishes! It makes us cry every time!

Can't wait to read your review of Citrico's. We will be trying it for the first time next month.

After wishes we rode jungle cruise with 5 minute wait, pirates no wait. Lines for splash and BTMRR which we most wanted to ride were more than 30 minutes...i think maybe 45m? So we decided to wait it out until later and catch them when the park cleared out more.

So we rode haunted mansion and its a small world with maybe 5 minute wait at each...and dh and i fell asleep on small world! Clearly it was time to head back...but first i really wanted to ride new dumbo in the dark!

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time....we will be there one month from today....your report is getting me even more excited than I was before...

We exited the park at 12:10, 10 minutes past monorail closing. One of those small resort launches filled with people waiting ahead of us so we had to wait for the next boat. Just at that time captains were switching over for breaks and a bigger boat was being brought onto the route because of extra volume post monorail closing. This seemed to take a long time and we didn't get back to the room until about 11:50. I think we got to the dock at exactly the wrong time...earlier and we would have gotten on the previous boat, later the bigger boats already running.

We even fell.asleep on the boat ride back! Crashed when we got back to the room and slept soundly until the alarm we off at 7:20. We intended to get to rope drop at epcot but there were a series of delays. Surprisingly my family wanted food so we went to captain cook's and made breakfast out of snacks while i went to boutiki to snap some photos of the beautiful poly merchandise:

2012-08-06_08-26-10_363.jpg

2012-08-06_08-25-31_404.jpg

2012-08-06_08-25-16_138.jpg

2012-08-06_08-25-10_161.jpg

2012-08-06_08-25-01_927.jpg

I think these are small picture frames:
2012-08-06_08-24-23_541.jpg

2012-08-06_08-23-25_752.jpg

DD says she needs a few of these for her dorm room but im certain...well, pretty sure...um i hope she's joking!
2012-08-06_08-23-32_426.jpg

We love these glasses and are so glad they brought them back:

2012-08-06_08-24-05_621.jpg

The tshirt and the Hawaiian look good together:

2012-08-06_08-23-45_920.jpg

Lol. Every pic that I see eeyore in makes me laugh out loud !!! Love it :).

We are having such a laugh with eeyore everywhere too! Please look for us with him and if you see us say hi!

How long was the boat ride from MK to HDDR? We are doing MBYBBQ and I just want to know how long it will take

The boat ride itself was about 18 minutes. We left our room in samoa at 8:01 and were at fort wilderness before 9 and that was with waiting and transfer time. I would allow 45 minutes from mk because you may have to wait on the dock.

Wow! Your live TR is moving so fast! Love all of the Eeyore photos - especially this last one since he truly appears to be enjoying Dumbo. ;)

Sounds like a wonderful full day. Can't wait to hear more! :cool1:

He love dumbo! Of course he didnt have the old one behind the castle to compare it to! The trip is going too fast! I want time to slow down!

I'm here! I'm all caught up and loving your live report! Your trip sounds like it has been great so far. I am so jealous of your view at Poly. Hope you have a wonderful day at MK and I hope your lunch and Liberty Tree is delish! :goodvibes

Glad ur here! Isnt the view fabulous?! We are enjoying it right now. Ltt was delish!

Enjoying your live report! And heading over to check out your dining report too!

Im glad ur enjoying and following along. I won't be updating my dining report until we are home. Can't spend that much time away from my vacation.

Eeyore must be tired - many activities today.
Eeyore loves his new towel friend - saw the smile on his face !
Will Eeyore swim today or bask in the sun ?

Eeyore is pretty exhausted actually. We have been pushing him a little too hard. He came to the pool yesterday afternoon. He watched us go down the slide a few times. There wasn't much sun to bask in so we swimmers got a bit chilly. We changed and brought him over to the tambu for some cocktails! He liked the view of the castle from the tam u and he loved the lapu lapu. Major spork action!

I am so enjoying your report! How was the barnstormer? I tend to believe I'll be on it a few times in Dec. DS is a bit of a wuss when it comes to rides!!!:lmao:

Thanks for reading! We love the barnstormer but sadly they took out what we thought was the best part, flying through the barn with the clucking chickens. It is still fun though and the theming in the area is really much better than it was! It was the first roller coaster my DS enjoyed. He used to have a fear of rides but now he rides everything!

Cool!!! We don't have many ADRs, but that is our only ADR that is not a breakfast buffet :thumbsup2:

I am SO GLAD you gave Marie some encouragement!!! :hug:

I've been working, but I have had a chance to catch up! LOVELY view!!!

Thank you SO much for your live TR!!! We are coming in late Thursday night, so I will look for you when I go visit Dani on Friday :yay:

Great choice on vn. I don't imagine you will be disappointed.

Marie will do great! I kept telling myself this is disney they wont hurt me! And they tell you how to signal them to pull you down if you want them to.

As for Dani maybe you can convince her to come to tambu on friday evening. DH and i plan on going for a drink anyway. We would love to meet you both. I am a bit shy but you don't have to worry about what to say...DH does a lot of talking!

So cute!

We're going to WDW in a couple of weeks and planning to take our daughter's stuffed monkey along for the adventure! :thumbsup2
Great idea. Get lofs of pics. You will be surprised how much fun it is!

AHH! that's reassuring! :goodvibes I thought that was the case, then got confused when iloveeyore said she entered the turnstile to wait for the show! Glad to know I can still see it without entering the park :thumbsup2
Sorry to confuse you! Theres a big area outside the turnstiles from where you can watch the whole show. We just wanted to be inside so we wouldn't have to deal with the additional crowds after.

Eeyore's least favorite dessert at LTT was the ooey gooey toffee cake? I've never tried it, but I've heard such good things about it. I'm looking forward to hearing what he enjoyed more. :)
We had heard the same great things so perhaps our expectations were too high. See i didn't follow my own advice about expectations! The toffee cake was good but unanimously a third and last place finisher in the dessert contest of the meal.

I'll definitely await your dining review but did Eeyore not like the ooey, the gooey, or the toffee part of the cake?? :rotfl2: I LOVE that dessert - ice cream on the side please.

Looking forward to your adventures tomorrow!

Eeyore didn't NOT like the cake. There was no fault in the ooey or the gooey or the toffee. He just enjoyed the other desserts better. Im looking forward to sharing more about that.

So sorry! Hopefully next time?!

Yay! You must be basking in the poly bubble right now! I hope its all going well?

Can't wait to read your review of Citrico's. We will be trying it for the first time next month.
Good choice!

Add me to a follower. We will be at the Poly in a year and a few days. I can't wait.

How awesome that you have it planned already! Gives you more time to enjoy the anticipation!

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time....we will be there one month from today....your report is getting me even more excited than I was before...

I will be so jealous of you when you are here and i am home missing the poly! I hope you will post a report and i will enjoy through your eyes!

So we finally got moving and left the gch at 8:31. We made it to monorail platform by 8:38...no monorail until 8:46. By the time we reached the security check which was packed it was 8:58. Nothing we could do about it. We were tired and we missed rope drop! DS got fast passes for soarin which were already 10:45-11:45 and bh the time we reached soarin at 9:13 the standby line was already 35 minutes.

We decided to head over in Innoventions east and do sum of all thrills, which is a lot of fun. We ran into MCDomzal and fightinillini229 and the DH and DD of MCDomzal. They were way ahead of us! We werent good rope droppers today! We toured the "green" house in there and it was a bit informative but mostly felt like a commercial. Then we rode soarin and wanted to do captain eo before lunch. So we stood through the pre show and when it was over there was an announcement that the show was cancelled. Grrrrr..

So with that we headed toward world showcase and where our lunch would be at:
2012-08-06_11-55-25_430.jpg

Okay my Poly question, and please please don't bother if it's too out of your way, but I was just curious if you could take a picture of the water play area they say is good for small children that is near the Volcano pool. But seriously, only if you get a chance. For some reason I haven't been able to find any pictures of that and my DD3.5 is curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter