Replacements for missed FP due to Irma?

scrapquitler

DIS Veteran
has anyone gotten replacements for the FP you missed Sunday and Monday when the parks were closed? I figured I would get an email with some replacement FP to use in that park another day, but I have nothing, and guest relations pretty much told me to pound sand. Do I have any options??

I've seen people on Fb who rescheduled their trip say they got the anytime FP for futures use in emails, but I'm here and spent two days in my room instead of in the park and they won't get give them to me for the next couple of days?? I am not happy.

I was able to get my money back for park days missed due to leaving early because of Irma.

has anyone gotten replacements for the FP you missed Sunday and Monday when the parks were closed? I figured I would get an email with some replacement FP to use in that park another day, but I have nothing, and guest relations pretty much told me to pound sand. Do I have any options??
I would think, maybe, the only thing "re-reimbursable" would be admissions. FP has no monetary value. If you're not in the park that day, you lose it. Regardless of the reason.

Could Disney do something, yes. Should they......harder to answer.

Could Disney do something, yes. Should they......harder to answer.

It would certainly be logistically difficult to auto-reissue them because that's a huge number of people and it would skew future dates. That said, I'm sort of surprised that guest relations isn't issuing a few specifically on request.

I've seen people on Fb who rescheduled their trip say they got the anytime FP for futures use in emails, but I'm here and spent two days in my room instead of in the park and they won't get give them to me for the next couple of days?? I am not happy.

I'm not sure why replacement fp's are necessary since the parks were closed. The anytime fp's often don't include really popular rides like FOP or SDMT anyways, so I don't think it will matter.

For Matthew last year, we went to Guest Relations at MK on the day they were closing early (Thursday at 5:00) about losing FPs we had for Epcot that evening. The only one we were concerned about was Soarin, and they gave us an anytime FP for it on the spot.

I lost all my fastpasses and dining reservations and had to push my vacation back 3 weeks. I was thankful to keep my promo because the Disney official policy says that they only give a full refund and you would have to rebook at the current rate!
Crowds are light the rest of this week, enjoy it! Thousands had to cancel.

I would expect them to reimburse you for the park days you missed in one form or another (replacement tickets or a refund) but I wouldn't expect new FPs. Why not just use the FPs you were going to use over the next few park days?
Because I can't replace the FP for Avatar, at any time on any of my remaining days

Because I can't replace the FP for Avatar, at any time on any of my remaining days

The standby wait times for FOP haven't been bad at all today. Just enjoy the low crowds, and take in all the cool things in the standby queue.

Try not to get too stressed about it. You're at Disney World! We're arriving Saturday and can't wait to be there.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Go ask specifically for them

An anytime FP won't work for Avatar so I'm not sure it would really help you anyway.
They can be if they want them to be. We have 2 in our account that work on FoP. They were issued when we had FP for Great Movie Ride before it was shut down. They issued us 2 FP available for any ride on property, including the Avatar rides, good for 3 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter