Replacements for missed FP due to Irma?

I lost all my fastpasses and dining reservations and had to push my vacation back 3 weeks. I was thankful to keep my promo because the Disney official policy says that they only give a full refund and you would have to rebook at the current rate!
Crowds are light the rest of this week, enjoy it! Thousands had to cancel.
That's pretty good that you were able to keep your promo. I rescheduled my trip for next week. I was supposed to be there now.I lost all my fast passes and dining reservation and I was not allowed to keep free dining but then again I ended up booking Port Orleans French Quarter which doesn't get that promotion anyway so I kinda knew that once I except that resort. I've been working on my fast passes since I rebooked last Tuesday and so far I've been able to get back all of them except for flight of passage that's pretty good since so many people keep saying that next week is gonna be mopped I couldn't believe the amount of availability for fast passes for next week and I was able to rebook the desert party without a problem either

Go ask specifically for them

They can be if they want them to be. We have 2 in our account that work on FoP. They were issued when we had FP for Great Movie Ride before it was shut down. They issued us 2 FP available for any ride on property, including the Avatar rides, good for 3 months.
Thank you. This is what I asked for. They told me "just keep looking in the app, maybe someone will cancel".

Nope - no replacement FPs for us, either.

I'm home now, so it's a moot point anyways. But if I had FOP, I think I'd request a replacement for just that one.

(Like Angi, I had an anytime that included it, so that's definitely doable. Or the carbon copy paper Guest recovery forms...)

I'm home now, so it's a moot point anyways. But if I had FOP, I think I'd request a replacement for just that one.

(Like Angi, I had an anytime that included it, so that's definitely doable. Or the carbon copy paper Guest recovery forms...)

I've seen a lot of people with those yellow carbon copy things and wondered what they were.

So here's update: I stopped at the lobby when I got back to the resort and I told them what guest services told me, and they gave me 3 anytime FP for tomorrow and 3 for Thursday...but not good for FOP, Na'vi or Frozen. She said that they are doing that for anyone who asks (but guest services wouldn't, go figure). I told her that wasn't what I wanted, I just want the one for FOP, so she is going to make a call to AK in the morning and see what they can do. It was nice to see that the resort CM were trying to help. (And one more name on the nice list for my email to Disney when I get home...the list is getting longer)

Don't really get this. It's not really disneys fault the parks were shut. Act of nature, not surprised they aren't offering it.

Don't really get this. It's not really disneys fault the parks were shut. Act of nature, not surprised they aren't offering it.
I agree. I'm not surprised and I didn't ask for any FP following the shutdown due to Matthew myself.
But, if I lost a FoP FP I'd at least ask. Most any other FP can be gotten and FoP can with a lot of effort. Of course you can ride stand by. Still, I'd ask if there is any way to get a FP. If not, fine. But it never hurts to ask. But I sure wouldn't take it beyond asking.

An anytime FP doesn't work on FOP. The crowds are a little lighter right now, try getting to the park early and hitting stand by as soon as you can.

I will throw in that the issuing of anytime FP for FOP or NRJ is limited to very select CMs. My son got ill at AK an hour before our NRJ FP and he was so looking forward to it (this was 2 weeks ago). When we went to first aid, I asked the nurse about the possibility of getting the FP moved to later in our trip and he said that not even park management can issue any Avatar fastpasses. I went to concierge at CR when we were back at the resort and he said they don't have that ability either and only guest relations of AK can issue them. He ended up going above and beyond and calling AK guest relations on my behalf and they graciously added NRJ FP for our next planned day in AK, so it was a happy ending. Anyway, all that to basically say that if it's that difficult to get a replacement FP issued on a one off basis for the Avatar rides, I don't think there is much hope that they would be able to honour all of those who had to reschedule due to Irma, unfortunately.

As others have said, I would take advantage of the light crowds and try to ride the rides you missed. Nav'i is showing a wait time of 10 minutes right now . . . FOP is 120 minutes which is a far cry from the 270 minute wait time we experienced in late August.

We got back home yesterday. We missed our AK day, so we squeezed what we could into a few hours before we hit the road. A CM graciously gave us 3 anytime FP a piece, but they couldn't be used at Pandora. I completely understood that. I did have a Pandora boat ride fp I scheduled over the weekend hoping we could go yesterday. We ended up not even using the 3 fp because crowds were so light! Safari was down until we left, so we couldn't do that. Kali was not running. The crowds were SO light. I even saw FoP hit 30 and 45 minutes on MDE app on the way home yesterday.

We ended up waiting an hour and a half for it. We always go off season and never wait that long for anything, but DD wanted to ride it so we went stand by. We met some amazing folks in line and it seriously seemed like we waited no more than 20 minutes. DD had so much fun talking to her new friends!! We are so glad we went stand by. It was so worth it both because of the awesome ride (it's seriously amazing!!) and because of the fun DD had in line. The que is pretty awesome too!

Hopefully if you decide to do it the light crowds will be on your side too!

While I kind of agree with you, and the fine print of every reservation (at least last I checked the fine print) kind of says this, I also disagree with you- at least with current WDW.

I fear we've just gotten used to the idea that big businesses get to push us around as they please.

If we don't do our part, we pay. If they don't do theirs, the answer is TOO BAD.

I wasn't able to get FoP or Frozen FP for my recent visit, despite the fact that I played by the rules, and attempted to book it 60 days before I planned to use it. Sorry, but guests who lose a FP, have lost something of value.

The hoops we're expected to jump through as customers these days are pretty lousy.

We also had the lovely experience of being ignored for over an hour past our ADR at 'Ohana. We followed the rules, and check-in ahead of the ADR I made 180 days in advance, but an hour past that time, we still didn't have any food or even water. Plus, when we were finally served any mean, it was COLD!

But if we hadn't show up, I would've been charged a no-show fee.

I think the system has just gotten totally out of whack. If we don't do our part, we pay. when companies don't do their part, we're supposed to eat cake. (or not eat cake in the case of 'Ohana.)

If WDW has the right to charge us a no-show fee, then they should be equally obligated to PAY their customers a no-show fee anytime they can't deliver any promised service.

We also had the lovely experience of being ignored for over an hour past our ADR at 'Ohana. We followed the rules, and check-in ahead of the ADR I made 180 days in advance, but an hour past that time, we still didn't have any food or even water. Plus, when we were finally served any mean, it was COLD!

But if we hadn't show up, I would've been charged a no-show fee.

I think the system has just gotten totally out of whack. If we don't do our part, we pay. when companies don't do their part, we're supposed to eat cake. (or not eat cake in the case of 'Ohana.)

If WDW has the right to charge us a no-show fee, then they should be equally obligated to PAY their customers a no-show fee anytime they can't deliver any promised service.

I do think it would be near impossible to grant FOP FP for every cancellation during Irma without causing a bit of a mess for those already booked.

I definitely agree with your sentiment on the late seating for ADRs, it's my pet peeve and honestly not something I'm okay with accepting. If it gets to be 20 minutes past my ADR time and I checked in early/on-time, then I start politely asking every few minutes what the status is. It doesn't happen often for me and in most cases I'm seated in less than 10 minutes, but when it does it's really aggravating. 'Ohana is a prime example. They are consistently an hour behind schedule, which to me is poor management. If you are consistently that far behind, you are booking too many tables. It would be different if it was a one off on occasion and just a quirky night of not as many no shows, or more than usual walk ups or something, but for that type of delay to be a norm is just really poor planning.

To your point of the restaurant having no penalty when they seat that late, there is an option to opt out and leave if the wait is too long and they won't charge you in that scenario.

No, I didn't say it was Disney's fault. I was there and they did a phenomenal job of keeping everyone safe.

On the other hand, you have guests who have already lost two days of park time, and they'll now be rearranging their schedules to include a line that is potentially three hours long (aka, more lost park time.) They are staying onsite and booked their FPs, presumably, into their 60+14 window. The number of guests who a) had a FoP FP, b) are able to visit AK post-storm and c) are going to visit guest services to request a replacement FP are going to be relatively small. They hand out FP like candy for every small transgression, I don't think it's inappropriate to request a replacement for one of the six FP that was lost to the storm.

For those who believe that it would create problems to give out FP+ for FOP or Navi, you are wrong. The FP+ lines are empty because so many people canceled their trips but did not cancel their FP+. This makes the SB lines move much faster, but it would still not be the same as a FP+ for FOP.

There is no reason that WDW could not give FOP FPs to anyone who lost them due to the hurricane. If they are used this week, they wouldn't even be noticed. If the trips were rescheduled, those would be so spread out that they also wouldn't even be noticed. WDW could easily do this. They have just decided not to.

I lost 6 FOP FP+ for our party on Saturday. I would love to get them back. Frankly, I shouldn't have to ask. WDW should be reaching out to me. I paid for them with both a hotel stay and tickets which essentially went unused, but cost me no less.

For those who believe that it would create problems to give out FP+ for FOP or Navi, you are wrong. The FP+ lines are empty because so many people canceled their trips but did not cancel their FP+. This makes the SB lines move much faster, but it would still not be the same as a FP+ for FOP.

There is no reason that WDW could not give FOP FPs to anyone who lost them due to the hurricane. If they are used this week, they wouldn't even be noticed. If the trips were rescheduled, those would be so spread out that they also wouldn't even be noticed. WDW could easily do this. They have just decided not to.

I lost 6 FOP FP+ for our party on Saturday. I would love to get them back. Frankly, I shouldn't have to ask. WDW should be reaching out to me. I paid for them with both a hotel stay and tickets which essentially went unused, but cost me no less.
I'm confused by this. Why did you pay for your hotel and tickets and not use them? Everyone else got refunds

I do think they should replace the FP for anyone who asks.
I'm unsure on those who don't ask. It wouldn't hurt no, FP are something that mean a lot to guest yet cost Disney nothing, which is why they give them out so readily (if they aren't for Pandora) but I'm not surprised they aren't just handing them out too.

I don't think WDW has the resources to reach out to everyone who missed their hard-to-get FP+ on the days they were closed. They also don't know what your daily plans are at this point. As much as it may be an inconvenience to you, the best you can do is go to a guest services counter and ask.

Please keep in mind how WELL WDW got guests, staff and their facilities through this storm. The rest of Orlando did not fair as well and I know, for a fact, that there are CM's staying at the resorts right now because they have no electricity in their own homes. The complaints that WDW SHOULD have had contingencies for lost FP+ when they made tremendous efforts to make sure everyone had adequate food, safety and shelter over the course of the storm is kind of astonishing to me. Things happen all the time that interfere with rides functioning (heck, we haven't been able to ride TT the last two times we were there because of rain and mechanical issues). This was a HURRICANE. You knew WDW would be closed for two days - did you try to reschedule your FP+? On any given day there are ZERO guarantees you will get on a ride in WDW.

This happened to us last year. We had FEA (the limited-capacity, hot-ticket ride of 2016) on the day Matthew closed WDW. We had to change our Epcot day to our last day and we weren't able to get a FP for FEA. We did standby at closing. It was about 45 very boring minutes. I did try to get a new FP, but I wasn't glued to my phone so we didn't get it. There is nothing WDW could have done to remedy that situation. It would not have been possible for everyone that had to move their Epcot day and had FEA to receive a new FEA FP for later that week. And I don't buy the argument that FPs will sit unused by guests that had to cancel. The FPs automatically get cancelled when there isn't a ticket entitlement. Everyone with packages that cancelled will have those FPs cancelled and the FPs will immediately go back to the FP pool. Many had vacations booked for the days after Irma and did not cancel. And many postponed their vacations and have been trying to snag any cancelled FPs. I don't think it's correct to assume those FPs are not going to be used by a guest.

I'm confused by this. Why did you pay for your hotel and tickets and not use them? Everyone else got refunds.
No, they didn't. No party , so none of those tickets. We have APs so no tickets for the closed days. And no refund for our room.

But you're never guaranteed a ride on any ride. In fact, you're guaranteed very little if you really start reading the fine print (this includes special events, even hotel stays)

I don't see how this is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter