Replacements for missed FP due to Irma?

But you're never guaranteed a ride on any ride. In fact, you're guaranteed very little if you really start reading the fine print (this includes special events, even hotel stays)

I don't see how this is different.
I don't expect anything - just talking about what would have been nice, and what I would have done if I were running the show. Costs absolutely nothing but produces mountains of good will. I rode FoP 3 times today. I am a happy camper.

has anyone gotten replacements for the FP you missed Sunday and Monday when the parks were closed? I figured I would get an email with some replacement FP to use in that park another day, but I have nothing, and guest relations pretty much told me to pound sand. Do I have any options??
we got replacement fast passes because we cancelled due to Irma and rebooked. They are anytime passes good for our new dates.

For what it's worth we did get our fp picks replaced as multi experience anytime use until we checked out. They were for the parks we originally had fp for. We each got 6 and we could use them on any rides in MK or Epcot on any of our days we had left. But we didn't get them added to our account until the last day and a half of our vacation. Would have been nice to have them earlier but hey we got to go on Soarin two times in a row. And if we had wanted could have used all 6 on the same ride. Very nice little pixie dust at the end of our stay.

We just got an email from disney a couple hours ago saying they've added anytime use FPs to our accounts for rescheduling due to Irma. Logged in and we have 1 anytime FP for FOP, nothing else. But I am still thrilled as I didn't feel they owed me anything!

While I kind of agree with you, and the fine print of every reservation (at least last I checked the fine print) kind of says this, I also disagree with you- at least with current WDW.

I fear we've just gotten used to the idea that big businesses get to push us around as they please.

If we don't do our part, we pay. If they don't do theirs, the answer is TOO BAD.

I wasn't able to get FoP or Frozen FP for my recent visit, despite the fact that I played by the rules, and attempted to book it 60 days before I planned to use it. Sorry, but guests who lose a FP, have lost something of value.

The hoops we're expected to jump through as customers these days are pretty lousy.

We also had the lovely experience of being ignored for over an hour past our ADR at 'Ohana. We followed the rules, and check-in ahead of the ADR I made 180 days in advance, but an hour past that time, we still didn't have any food or even water. Plus, when we were finally served any mean, it was COLD!

But if we hadn't show up, I would've been charged a no-show fee.

I think the system has just gotten totally out of whack. If we don't do our part, we pay. when companies don't do their part, we're supposed to eat cake. (or not eat cake in the case of 'Ohana.)

If WDW has the right to charge us a no-show fee, then they should be equally obligated to PAY their customers a no-show fee anytime they can't deliver any promised service.

Well... that's kind of the point. It's a contract - they provide you with details of what are their obligations/responsibility, and what yours are. If the fine print says, X and Y, and you accept that contract, that's what you are getting. If you don't like the fine print, then don't agree to the contract. ;) These past few weeks have been a real eye-opener to many, having to read their insurance contracts and cruise contracts and airline contracts! :P All the good stuff is buried in the fine print in legalese... and it's all skewed in the COMPANY'S favor. So avoid doing business with a company if you don't like its contract... but it will never be an a la carte menu where you get to choose what you like about the contract and what you don't. Believe me there are a number of companies I will not give money to because I don't agree with their fine print ; Disney just isn't one... yet. And I hope they never become one!

Ok, quick update. I did end up getting 3 anytime FP (with a bunch of exclusions) for each of the two days the parks were closed when I asked the concierge desk at the resort. It was nice that they did that...but I am still not thrilled that people who rescheduled their entire trip automatically got those while those of us who were already on property only got them if we specifically requested them. They should have automatically added them to our MDE as well. I bet a lot of people didn't know to ask for them and missed out.

We did ride FOP by doing rope drop, the ride actually broke down while we were waiting to board. We were in the DNA matching part, and the room malfunctioned or something, so we had to wait a while while they reset the room and then they put us in another room. We were standing at the turnstiles before they opened them, and we stood in that crowd and almost got run over by people trying to get to the ride, that part was crazy and not fun at all. We ended up getting off the ride a little before 9:45, so from the time they started walking us into Pandora to getting us off the ride took just about an hour. Whatever, it made my son happy because it was the one thing he most wanted to do on this trip, but to be honest, doing rope drop kind of ruined the entire day for us and made us all miserable. Rope drop is not the way we normally tour the parks and we are not morning people. But it all worked out okayish in the end.

Last edited:
Well... that's kind of the point. It's a contract - they provide you with details of what are their obligations/responsibility, and what yours are. If the fine print says, X and Y, and you accept that contract, that's what you are getting. If you don't like the fine print, then don't agree to the contract. ;) These past few weeks have been a real eye-opener to many, having to read their insurance contracts and cruise contracts and airline contracts! :P All the good stuff is buried in the fine print in legalese... and it's all skewed in the COMPANY'S favor. So avoid doing business with a company if you don't like its contract... but it will never be an a la carte menu where you get to choose what you like about the contract and what you don't. Believe me there are a number of companies I will not give money to because I don't agree with their fine print ; Disney just isn't one... yet. And I hope they never become one!

Except you basically missed my point.

We're frogs in pot of (now boiling water).

Corporate contracts are so utterly skewed against us that we're rendered powerless, but it is just too overwhelming for most folks to bother being angry.

How can we possibly avoid these contracts? From credit reporting, to big utilities, to mandatory insurance policies, to anything on the internet; they are all horribly skewed against us.

As I type, I'm once again on hold after trying to call one.

I'm glad OP got some FP, and that their family was able to ride FoP, even if it wasn't ideal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter