Remy

Thank you for being honest about the inability to sub for seafood courses. That seals my decision to NOT try Remy. I'm not allergic to seafood, but due to choking on a bone to the point of gagging when I was little, anything that has any fish taste and/or texture makes me puke. So if they can't sub, I won't be wasting my money.

I cannot stand the way seafood tastes either. One of the two dishes I tasted was not overly fishy, but I still did not feel like eating it. I get a gagging reflex from foods at times, too. Thus, I completely understand your decision.

If you explain the issue, your server will probably find you a substitute every time. I've read that people who are allergic or vegetarians get substitutes, so I am guessing you could as well. Mine had a hard time on two (I think one was at brunch and one was at dinner), because they probably had a limited number of substitutes prepped. I agreed to let him bring them (my husband was more than willing to eat what I did not, and I did not want to delay the timing on the meals). If whoever you are dining with is not going eat the seafood either, I am almost willing to bet they will make you something special. I should have added that he was unable to "easily" substitute two seafood and one dessert course, and I agreed to accept them.

My husband ate everything I did not, so nothing was wasted.

If you don't like something so much it makes you sick tell them it's an allergy. My friend is gluten free, vegan and picky and she LOVES Remy. Just ask. They are very accommodating.

Also read Disney cruise blog's remy dinner review. He was able to avoid seafood.

I've read that, but with the more recent poster not being able to sub anything for it... I also don't eat veal or weird birds. I am not willing to gamble $75 that I *might* be able to get enough of a meal to make it worth it.

Did you let Remy know before hand about your preferences? Just curious as I would think (generic) you would have more options if they know in advance and can plan around (generic) your preferences like V&A is able to do with the call a few days in advance of your reservation.

Glad OP had a good experience overall though.

Jill in CO

You'll have to tell me all about them when you get back. Never tried palo and it's on the bucket list.

I've done dinner twice on the Dream and brunch once on the Dream. LOVE them!!! Cannot wait to do them on the Fantasy!!

Did you let Remy know before hand about your preferences? Just curious as I would think (generic) you would have more options if they know in advance and can plan around (generic) your preferences like V&A is able to do with the call a few days in advance of your reservation.

Glad OP had a good experience overall though.

Jill in CO

I did not for either restaurant. The server at V&A explained that it is harder on ship because they have limited resources. At V&A, they get continuous deliveries making substitutions a lot easier. I am guessing the Remy server would have fought harder to find me substitutes if I made it clear I was unwilling to try the items he brought me. When he came back each of the three times and said he could not find a sub, I agreed to take what he brought. The V&A server and I discussed the entire meal in advance (when I first sat down). We planned out substitutions then.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter