Remy

kmedina

Loves all things Disney
I have scheduled brunch for one sea day, dinner for another and the dessert experience for another.

I am going to search the site a little more extensively (when I get back in about an hour). If anyone would be so kind as to share their experience with any of the three, I would appreciate it. I am on the picky side, so going in blind makes me a little nervous. My husband is a huge foodie, so I know he will enjoy both. We've done Palo brunch and dinner in the past (and have those scheduled again this trip), but the exoticness of Remy makes me a little nervous.

The one I am the least nervous about is the dessert experience, but it seems like it is offered so rarely that I wonder what it is like and have yet to find an article on this particular service.

We are finally dining at Victoria and Albert's this trip to WDW as well, so I will either leave these places very satisfied or hungry and annoyed I just dropped so much money.

Thanks!

I've also searched for this. We booked it for our cruise in October, using the same rationale you did. (Hey! I've never seen this, and it's still available! *click*)

This is the closest I've found to an actual review.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3263747&page=3

At least there are a few pictures, posted by someone who was actually there. I don't know when you're sailing, but I'd be happy to pass along more info after our cruise. (Oct 18-25, 2014)

We had dinner at Remy and had the wine pairing with it. It was the best meal that I have ever had. I'm not super picky with food but the food is nothing that I could ever replicate at home, lol! I hope you enjoy it!

I've done brunch and dinner at Remy and they were both amazing. For dinner there are 2 menus and you can pick and choose between the two. I found the staff very accommodating. I didn't find too much *weird* stuff but everyone's taste is different.

The brunch is a set menu and there was one dish that I found a bit strange but it was delicious when I tried it.

What are you picky about? I don't think you will go hungry...I'm sure you will find enough. :) The waygu beef, cheese, and dessert is enough to make the upcharge worth it to me. :)

Jill in CO

I've done brunch and dinner at Remy and they were both amazing. For dinner there are 2 menus and you can pick and choose between the two. I found the staff very accommodating. I didn't find too much *weird* stuff but everyone's taste is different.

The brunch is a set menu and there was one dish that I found a bit strange but it was delicious when I tried it.

What are you picky about? I don't think you will go hungry...I'm sure you will find enough. :) The waygu beef, cheese, and dessert is enough to make the upcharge worth it to me. :)

Jill in CO

I hate all seafood, all alcohol, anything spicy, most vegetables, anything with a strange consistency (like escargot), etc. Basically, I am a steak (or chicken) and potatoes girl.

I've also searched for this. We booked it for our cruise in October, using the same rationale you did. (Hey! I've never seen this, and it's still available! *click*)

This is the closest I've found to an actual review.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3263747&page=3

At least there are a few pictures, posted by someone who was actually there. I don't know when you're sailing, but I'd be happy to pass along more info after our cruise. (Oct 18-25, 2014)

Thanks for linking the thread. I will take a look now. If you can remember to come back after your cruise, I would love to hear your thoughts. Our cruise is not until December, so I still have time to cancel. I am definitely keeping the dinner. It is just that I would rather choose between the brunch and the dessert menu. At $100 a pop (for me and my husband), I am thinking of starting with one and doing the other one on the next cruise.

We had dinner at Remy and had the wine pairing with it. It was the best meal that I have ever had. I'm not super picky with food but the food is nothing that I could ever replicate at home, lol! I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks. I cannot cook at all, so I know a replication would never take place. My husband may try the wine pairing, but I loathe alcohol. Whenever I dine at a place that includes it, I always offer mine to him. We toured a winery once and about half way through, he asked me to stop getting glasses of my own.

I hate all seafood, all alcohol, anything spicy, most vegetables, anything with a strange consistency (like escargot), etc. Basically, I am a steak (or chicken) and potatoes girl.

I understand. :) There is seafood and some veggies. If I were you, I might stop by and speak to the staff before your meal (like when you board) and ask them if they can accommodate you. I'm sure they can....The chefs at Remy have much more freedom than the MDRs.

I'm sure you will have a great meal!

Jill in CO

Thanks for linking the thread. I will take a look now. If you can remember to come back after your cruise, I would love to hear your thoughts. Our cruise is not until December, so I still have time to cancel. I am definitely keeping the dinner. It is just that I would rather choose between the brunch and the dessert menu. At $100 a pop (for me and my husband), I am thinking of starting with one and doing the other one on the next cruise.

If I were you, I would cancel brunch and keep the dessert experience. The brunch is a set menu and much less opportunity to to sub things you don't care for.

Jill in CO

I understand. :) There is seafood and some veggies. If I were you, I might stop by and speak to the staff before your meal (like when you board) and ask them if they can accommodate you. I'm sure they can....The chefs at Remy have much more freedom than the MDRs.

I'm sure you will have a great meal!

Jill in CO

Thanks. I will do this if I remember.

If I were you, I would cancel brunch and keep the dessert experience. The brunch is a set menu and much less opportunity to to sub things you don't care for.

Jill in CO

This is what I am leaning toward. My husband is not really into desserts but loves food. I can sell him on the dinner being for him and the dessert for me.

I'm allergic to seafood and I had a fantastic meal at Remy's. When we went, they had a French menu, an American menu and you could create your own or take one of the two menus and subsitute. I did the French menu and subsitituted for the seafood courses.

We did the wine pairing, but you don't need to. That's a totally personal choice. For the cheese course, they served port which I'm not fond of and so I told the waiter that. He poured me a drop into my glass and then poured what would have been the remainder of mine into DH's glass (he loves the stuff). They're very accommodating.

I've had escargot - although it tasted fine (it was swimming in garlic butter and everything is generally good in garlic butter) I can't say I cared for the texture either. For reference, I hate mushrooms. A colleague of mine described them as having the texture of wet mice and I agreed. Nothing in Remy's was anything like that. It was all delicious and they described everything to me. They'll answer any questions you have in advance and will tell you what is in everything if you have any qualms about something.

And, hey, you're on vacation. Try something new and different. You may find something you didn't think you'd like. I used to be very timid about trying new foods but in the last few years have decided to step outside of my comfort zone. For the most part, I've been very happy. Had a few things I didn't like (escargot being one) but have found many more foods and activities that I'm glad I tried.

I'm allergic to seafood and I had a fantastic meal at Remy's. When we went, they had a French menu, an American menu and you could create your own or take one of the two menus and subsitute. I did the French menu and subsitituted for the seafood courses.

We did the wine pairing, but you don't need to. That's a totally personal choice. For the cheese course, they served port which I'm not fond of and so I told the waiter that. He poured me a drop into my glass and then poured what would have been the remainder of mine into DH's glass (he loves the stuff). They're very accommodating.

I've had escargot - although it tasted fine (it was swimming in garlic butter and everything is generally good in garlic butter) I can't say I cared for the texture either. For reference, I hate mushrooms. A colleague of mine described them as having the texture of wet mice and I agreed. Nothing in Remy's was anything like that. It was all delicious and they described everything to me. They'll answer any questions you have in advance and will tell you what is in everything if you have any qualms about something.

And, hey, you're on vacation. Try something new and different. You may find something you didn't think you'd like. I used to be very timid about trying new foods but in the last few years have decided to step outside of my comfort zone. For the most part, I've been very happy. Had a few things I didn't like (escargot being one) but have found many more foods and activities that I'm glad I tried.

Thanks. This is exactly what I wanted to read. I am unable to swallow mushrooms. I just cannot do it.

I am trying to be more adventurous for my husband's sake. He's been wanting to try Remy's since our 2011 cruise on the Dream, but I just couldn't. He's also been wanting to try Victoria and Albert's since 2003. I am glad he is going to try both. At least, I can run to a counter service or order room service after dinner and pick something up if the food is terrible, right? It is time to try new things.

I did Remy and am allergic to mushrooms and they accommodated me with no problems. I loved it.

I did Remy and am allergic to mushrooms and they accommodated me with no problems. I loved it.

That is what I love about Disney. I am not allergic, but I cannot bring myself to swallow them. They're just so gross feeling. Hopefully, I can handle whatever they bring.

I tend to be picky myself, so I can relate. Generally I can't stand seafood or mushrooms either. Mayo, catsup, pickles, hot dogs, ugh.

What I've found in recent years as I've decided to be more adventurous is that I like more foods than I used to. Partially it's a mental thing, but I think it's mostly due to the fact that now I'm an adult with a paying job, and I can afford to eat at nice restaurants. :) And when it comes to food like seafood, a talented chef can make all the difference.

I don't mean to dismiss your concerns....I think they're perfectly valid. But I hope that under the masterful watch of the talented chefs at V&A and Remy you find some new experiences you enjoy.

And I will definitely post pics and reviews when I get back. :thumbsup2

On FoodieTales there is a review of Remy Brunch & Dinner. Just click on the link in my Sig to read it.

Eating at Remy is like eating at a Michelin rated restaurant. It was superb. I've eaten in some of the finest restaurants in Manhattan and in Europe, and it was comparable. I was pleasantly surprised!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter