Remember the FD resort upgrades last year???

Nothing on my end. I did call and pay off my balance and the rep was very chatty and asked where all we'd stayed before. I mentioned the free upgrade last year and she said - oh how nice; maybe they'll do that again this year??? I'm still hoping for some pixie dust.....:tinker:

Not going to happen. With the extension of FD throughout the fall now, more folks were able to spread out their vacations over a longer span of time instead of everyone grouped into 6 weeks like in the past. I booked Pop and am expecting to be staying at Pop, but at least I got the basic DDP free and only had to buy a 1 day ticket because I booked mine as a BB last year.

Not going to happen. With the extension of FD throughout the fall now, more folks were able to spread out their vacations over a longer span of time instead of everyone grouped into 6 weeks like in the past. I booked Pop and am expecting to be staying at Pop, but at least I got the basic DDP free and only had to buy a 1 day ticket because I booked mine as a BB last year.

I couldn't book value after staying at Saratoga last year..so we decided on the moderate......we'll give it a try this year!

I couldn't book value after staying at Saratoga last year..so we decided on the moderate......we'll give it a try this year!

I'm sure that's what Disney wants you to do. We are DVC members and have enough points to visit 8-10 weeks a year (and we do a pretty good job at doing that). We decided to keep our FD reservation and not use our DVC points (which we'll save for another trip--I actually booked the AKV-Kidani, and still need to call and cancel that). Since we have the old FD plan of basic FD (not QS) and only had to buy the 1 day ticket (instead of 2 day--we are AP holders too) we decided to keep it and do this for the very last time. 4 weeks after we get home we head back and will be in a 2 bedroom at BLT for 4 nights, then a 3 day cruise, and end with 5 nights at BCV, so I think I can handle 6 nights at Pop.

I had not thought about this happenning before. Now, I have a question in my head of what would I do? We are booked at CSR, but if I got there, and they said hey, free upgrade to SS, should I do it? You probably have to decide then and there. Is that resort nicer than CSR? We've only stayed at CBR before. You've given me something to think about.

I had not thought about this happenning before. Now, I have a question in my head of what would I do? We are booked at CSR, but if I got there, and they said hey, free upgrade to SS, should I do it? You probably have to decide then and there. Is that resort nicer than CSR? We've only stayed at CBR before. You've given me something to think about.

We personally love it! There is 714 square feet with a master suite, living room, fully equipped kitchen, and private porch or balcony. The master suite has a king-size bed and private bath with a whirlpool tub. There is a seperate bathroom with a large shower additional sink and private toilet. There is a fully equipped kitchen that includes a coffee maker, dinnerware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher. There is a stack-style washer and dryer, color cable television with DVD player in living room, queen-size sleeper sofa in living room and a private balcony or porch.

We personally love it! There is 714 square feet with a master suite, living room, fully equipped kitchen, and private porch or balcony. The master suite has a king-size bed and private bath with a whirlpool tub. There is a seperate bathroom with a large shower additional sink and private toilet. There is a fully equipped kitchen that includes a coffee maker, dinnerware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher. There is a stack-style washer and dryer, color cable television with DVD player in living room, queen-size sleeper sofa in living room and a private balcony or porch.

I wonder if that is the room you would get if they upgraded you. I mean, is that their "worst" room? Or is that one of the middle of better ones? Studio, I suppose is the lowest price one. All that above certainly does sound great.

I wonder if that is the room you would get if they upgraded you. I mean, is that their "worst" room? Or is that one of the middle of better ones? Studio, I suppose is the lowest price one. All that above certainly does sound great.

the email offer we got stated for a studio, I had seen on here that people were getting the one bedroom villa, so I asked and got it. If you are offered an upgrade to a studio, I would ask for the 1 bedroom villa. The SSR resort was very vacant when we were there last September. They had LOTS of rooms that needed filling.

The studio room at SSR is bigger than the room at CSR, but not nearly as nice. We spent a week at CSR before our FD upgrade to SSR, and if they offered it this year I wouldn't take it. We VASTLY preferred CSR. The beds at CSR are like heaven...the rooms are beautiful. SSR is HUGE, and it was a PITA to walk from our room to the main area to get soda or food. We had to walk along a few interior roads as well. The balcony was tiny and because it was shaded it never really was dry after the afternoon rain. We liked having a dvd player and free movies, but we were there for 16 days- by the end of our trip we were really bored at night.

However, if they offered us a 1 bedroom I would probably take it, as I would love that jetted tub in the master bath.

Also, I just checked WDW reservation service and CSR is completely available my week. :)

The studio room at SSR is bigger than the room at CSR, but not nearly as nice. We spent a week at CSR before our FD upgrade to SSR, and if they offered it this year I wouldn't take it. We VASTLY preferred CSR. The beds at CSR are like heaven...the rooms are beautiful. SSR is HUGE, and it was a PITA to walk from our room to the main area to get soda or food. We had to walk along a few interior roads as well. The balcony was tiny and because it was shaded it never really was dry after the afternoon rain. We liked having a dvd player and free movies, but we were there for 16 days- by the end of our trip we were really bored at night.

However, if they offered us a 1 bedroom I would probably take it, as I would love that jetted tub in the master bath.

Also, I just checked WDW reservation service and CSR is completely available my week. :)

Our room was right by the main building, bus stop and pool, I wouldn't like the long walks either!

Someone posted that they were upgraded from Pop to CR for mid August. Search for her thread titled "Upgraded".

Wow!!!

Did anyone notice if they had a high post count or were someone that is known round these parts? :goodvibes

I still prefer Sports to CR so you guys can have my spot. :thumbsup2

Slightly Goofy

In reference to the upgrade last year, I may have misunderstood, but someone mentioned they had trouble upgrading their dining when they accepted the free upgrade to SSR or OKW. Last year, for our honeymoon my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the offer of an email upgrade pin to SSR. We accepted it and were allowed to upgrade our dining to the 1TS, 1CS, and 1S plan. We did all of this on the phone. The only stipulation was we had to pay our balance while we were on the phone, which we did. If that's not what your issue was I'm sorry.

Also, I did enjoy the SSR resort. We received the upgrade to the 1BR Villa. Our room was also accessible (for my wheelchair.) I really enjoyed having the laundry right there, very nice to not have to do that when we got home. I also enjoyed the tub, I only used it once, I hate wasting water. Usually at home I only use our tub if I'm sore so I indulged a little. The bedroom was very nice. After sharing a room in the various value rooms with 3 siblings, all of the space was a little overwhelming, in a nice way.

In reference to the upgrade last year, I may have misunderstood, but someone mentioned they had trouble upgrading their dining when they accepted the free upgrade to SSR or OKW. Last year, for our honeymoon my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the offer of an email upgrade pin to SSR. We accepted it and were allowed to upgrade our dining to the 1TS, 1CS, and 1S plan. We did all of this on the phone. The only stipulation was we had to pay our balance while we were on the phone, which we did. If that's not what your issue was I'm sorry.

Also, I did enjoy the SSR resort. We received the upgrade to the 1BR Villa. Our room was also accessible (for my wheelchair.) I really enjoyed having the laundry right there, very nice to not have to do that when we got home. I also enjoyed the tub, I only used it once, I hate wasting water. Usually at home I only use our tub if I'm sore so I indulged a little. The bedroom was very nice. After sharing a room in the various value rooms with 3 siblings, all of the space was a little overwhelming, in a nice way.

Most of the people who recieved the upgrade were free diners, and already had the regular dining plan. There was a code to have the regular plan and the upgrade, which is probably why you had no problem. The issue we all had was upgrading to the deluxe plan, as it just wasn't possible in the computers...I called and spent a few hours talking to many people to try and make it happen.

We were upgraded last year from Pop to OKW. We had two rooms, and I was nervous they wouldn't upgrade both of us. No probs. No probs w our dining either. We absolutely loved OKW and now are spoiled for life...hehee..probably no values for us if we can afford it. One of the drs I worked for said they were offered an upgrade upon arrival one year, from a value to either OKW or SSR and they denied...:confused3...he said only after they visited the other resorts were they sorry they didn't upgrade lol....

I was upgraded last year from POP to OKW 1 BR villa. It was awesome!!!

But last year those emails went out around July 23rd....So I would not expect them this year, since that window has long passed.

OK from what I have read, and what I am hearing.

The only upgrades that are given out are from a Value resort to a Deluxe. Hmm, kinda sucks for those of us already staying at Mods. :confused3

Mind you I can understand Disney's logic here, more folks can afford a Value than a Mod, so free up the Value.

Once you've stayed at a Deluxe, if it's your thing of course, you probably wont want to go back a Value resort. By doing this Disney has now created a Moderate to Deluxe guest for the future. Sneaky.

Ugh, still though, there may be upgrades with in the resorts for those of us staying at Mods.

Please, if there is someone with an experience of being upgraded from Mod to Deluxe, please share!?:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter