Remember the FD resort upgrades last year???

I tried looking at the profile, but they don't say where they are from.... I believe the screen name is "Boo :)"

Hey LusterGirl! How ya doing? Any chance of you being there when we are this year?

mg10rb13, we love the two snacks a day as well. I would rather eat a little here and a little there than a whole bunch at one time and love being able to get an overpriced drink if and when I feel like it.

Another reason for us preferring one resort over another is the fact that I have mobility issues and my husband just plain has 'issues' and he does better in a smaller, familiar environment and thus I have a better vacation experience.

And that is why Disney has so many choices. Of course, even more would be nice.:goodvibes

Slightly Goofy

for those that got the upgrades last year, was your balance paid off??

No, def not. The only thing I can figure is that I was one of the first folks to book Pop when the code for FD came out. I'd been watching every morning and on code release day I got up, called, and booked Pop with no prior reservation to have switched over. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but that was always my assumption.

The other half asked if we were going to be upgraded to SSR again this year.

My reply was, "I sure hope so!"

Come on Disney, send out that email!

No, def not. The only thing I can figure is that I was one of the first folks to book Pop when the code for FD came out. I'd been watching every morning and on code release day I got up, called, and booked Pop with no prior reservation to have switched over. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but that was always my assumption.

I actually just found my receipt, and my balance wasn't paid off either. I also booked early.

SSR ???
Hope NOT, would rather be at POP .............
IMO its not an upgrade...........just because it cost more and is suppose to have better rooms !

I just checked after reading this. It looks like all the values & mods are sold out for our trip starting on Aug 15.

Oh, that scares me! That's the week we are at WDW - sounds like it will be super CROWDED!

Oh, that scares me! That's the week we are at WDW - sounds like it will be super CROWDED!

I have no idea when your trip is planned, but my mother and I are booked for Sept. 3rd-9th and all value/mod resorts have rooms available and at both prefered and standard rooms. I think the first couple weeks of the dining are so booked b/c families are trying to squeeze in last minute summer trips before the kids go back to school.

My week (Sept. 11-18) has quite a bit of availability on both mod and value as well. Usually the values sell out so quickly with free dining. I think this is the most late availability I have ever seen. I'm not too worried about it being overly crowded compared to years past.

I agree, September is looking so open that it's kind of exciting in the way of having less crowds! (Well, it's exciting b/c it's vacation too.. ;))

Yes SSR!

We went from a standard room at ASMu to a one bedroom villa. Had a great lakeside view and the bus stop was just across the street.

I wouldn't worry- my resort CSR is "sold out" except for king rooms according to disney- but it's only for free dining. If you search the website for the same dates with no free dining they still have standard rooms available, and it's less than three weeks til our trip.

Also, having fuller resorts doesn't necessarily mean busier parks.
It often means that those who would have stayed offsite are now staying onsite because of a discount. They would have been in the parks either way.

So no need to worry yet if it looks like there are few rooms left :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter