READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - to put some numbers around it:
- There are 57 regular BGs that didn't even get called back today
- 49 BGs did get called back, but how many of those folks actually rode?
- They issue on average 102 regular BGs on a 13 hour day.
- Assuming the ride appears to be fully operational, they could have somewhere in the neighborhood of 70-80 BGs worth of people from today trying to ride tomorrow...

Do they have the ability to issue back up boarding groups only, if they have a large carryover from the prior day? Just curious as that seems the most fair way to handle it, giving priority to people already guaranteed a ride. I would think they wouldn’t want this all rolling forward on a holiday weekend.
It will be interesting to see if DL has similar downtime issues with their version.

Do they have the ability to issue back up boarding groups only, if they have a large carryover from the prior day? Just curious as that seems the most fair way to handle it, giving priority to people already guaranteed a ride. I would think they wouldn’t want this all rolling forward on a holiday weekend.
It will be interesting to see if DL has similar downtime issues with their version.
I'm sure they can set backup BGs at whatever figure they want. First BG called has varied between 4 and 16. Highest reg BG has varied between 90 and 132. It seems like they have complete flexibility to set the parameters however they see fit.

I can’t fathom they pull the plug in a big picture sense. The just doubled down today with DL.

20+ years in and Test Track still doesn’t work particularly well. Neither does Radiator Springs Racers out west at DCA, which was down for huge portions of the day today. At some point they’ll just stop doing guest recovery and it’s tough luck, probably whenever they switch to FP.
I think it’s more pulling the plug on the current level of guest recovery.

I think it’s more pulling the plug on the current level of guest recovery.
That might be the next step for sure.

ture - they could just go to basically all BGs being the equivalent of back-up BGs and just be clearl ythat you are not guaranteed a ride. I am sure some will still complain if they don't get on and perhaps get some compensation but just not automatically pushing a free ticket and anytime FP will eliminate some

ture - they could just go to basically all BGs being the equivalent of back-up BGs and just be clearl ythat you are not guaranteed a ride. I am sure some will still complain if they don't get on and perhaps get some compensation but just not automatically pushing a free ticket and anytime FP will eliminate some
I understand the excitement and buzz around the new ride, but I agree that at some point they gotta stop with these recoveries. They don't give me a park ticket if Test Track goes down. They don't compensate me when they announce a refurb long after my trip, ADRs and FPs are booked. I think it was @yulilin3 who said a few times that nothing is guaranteed at Disney. I didn't plan my trip because of RotR and while I'll be disappointed if I don't ride it, that alone will not ruin my trip :)

I understand the excitement and buzz around the new ride, but I agree that at some point they gotta stop with these recoveries. They don't give me a park ticket if Test Track goes down. They don't compensate me when they announce a refurb long after my trip, ADRs and FPs are booked. I think it was @yulilin3 who said a few times that nothing is guaranteed at Disney. I didn't plan my trip because of RotR and while I'll be disappointed if I don't ride it, that alone will not ruin my trip :)
I think the issue is right now people are planning their trips around this ride and Disney wants them to.

A ticket is a ticket. Sure some may go unused but I can guarantee if, for example, a local ap got this recovery and they called guest services they would get this switched to a gift card or other forms of compensation. Also the math is just from today, how many days have they done this? You can bet there's a group doing math and checking where thre breaking point is, they can't keep going in recovery for a long time

I don’t agree that someone with an AP should be entitled to some other compensation with a value equal to a one day park ticket. IMHO those one day tickets should be designed mainly to compensate someone who wants to take another shot at riding ROTR but needs a ticket to get into the park.

For someone with an AP just getting a FP to get on ROTR another day really should be enough. If Disney wants to give them more, to me that’s pretty generous. Maybe a few any attraction FPs, but not something with a real value of over $100.

I think the issue is right now people are planning their trips around this ride and Disney wants them to.
Agreed completely. Basically the only reason we are visiting Disney at the end of this month is for Galaxys Edge. If it weren’t for that, wouldn’t be back for several years. We are only doing Hollywood studios and then decided on AK after hours event after the fact, so we will be severely disappointed if we don’t ride!!

I’d be very surprised if they were to just give up. They could have it fixed 5 minutes after the “give up” point. A one day park hopper isn’t that much for Disney in the grand scheme of things.
No more park hoppers, just a 1-day 1-park ticket, according to this:
Now under Tickets and Passes, it says “One Day Studio Complimentary” with an expiration of 1/17/2022.
That's a very common Guest Recovery technique, going back for decades.

Setting the expiration date 2 years out might even prompt a return trip, or extending a future trip. "Hey, those free DHS tickets run out in 6 months ... we'd better get down to WDW pretty quick!"

I don’t agree that someone with an AP should be entitled to some other compensation with a value equal to a one day park ticket. IMHO those one day tickets should be designed mainly to compensate someone who wants to take another shot at riding ROTR but needs a ticket to get into the park.

For someone with an AP just getting a FP to get on ROTR another day really should be enough. If Disney wants to give them more, to me that’s pretty generous. Maybe a few any attraction FPs, but not something with a real value of over $100.
Im with you, the thing is that most know, you complain enough you'll get something more

As an AP holder- I disagree. I invested in their company with an annual pass. That should be at least valued as much as the person who comes for a week every few years. I spent my entire vacation day at the park waiting for this ride to come up which of course “could come up any time”. Knowing the ride was having problems the cast members were suggesting to get in line as soon as your boarding group was called (as opposed to using your two hour window). That lead to its of waiting around. They should have told everyone at noon- they are no longer honoring boarding groups that way people could move on with their day- instead of stringing them along. They simply could have run a stand by line all day at peoples own risk.
But back to the topic- as an AP holder- my park day is the same value as someone staying for a week and I will be seeking compensation.

Absolutely!!! I think the comp tickets should only be offered for guest recovery in situations where a person needs a ticket to go to DHS again to use their return fastpass, not as compensation for someone because they couldn’t ride.

As an AP holder- I disagree. I invested in their company with an annual pass. That should be at least valued as much as the person who comes for a week every few years. I spent my entire vacation day at the park waiting for this ride to come up which of course “could come up any time”. Knowing the ride was having problems the cast members were suggesting to get in line as soon as your boarding group was called (as opposed to using your two hour window). That lead to its of waiting around. They should have told everyone at noon- they are no longer honoring boarding groups that way people could move on with their day- instead of stringing them along. They simply could have run a stand by line all day at peoples own risk.
But back to the topic- as an AP holder- my park day is the same value as someone staying for a week and I will be seeking compensation.

But I think the reason they are giving the comp day si so that person is able to come in the gates the next day to ride the ride. As an AP holder you don't need that comp ticket to get into the gates.

I agree you should definitely still get the anytime FP and perhaps something extra, but can also see the other side of not needing to provide the full value of the comp ticket

but anyway, at some point they will stop doing this or racheting it down or something. As others have said, they don't give out comp tickets when Test Track or even Slinky Dog goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter