Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Happy Friday everyone! :banana:

Took some chili to my aunt yesterday after work. She was very happy, was planning on eating it for dinner so I'm glad I took it up after work and not later.

Got Twix to her hair appointment, she just got a bath, no haircut. She looks so nice.:cat:

I was able to get all the grass cut yesterday so nothing to do in the yard today. Looks like I'll have the whole afternoon for some sun and pool time.:sunny:

My sister called me last night to say they were at the park near my house for a concert of Neil Diamond songs 🎤. I grabbed a chair and something to drink and headed up. This guy sounded just like Neil Diamond, he was really good. Nice crowd in the park. There was a guy who was up and dancing with his 2 kids, they were so cute.

Ds1 & Ds3 are going to finish extending the driveway tomorrow morning. They say the rain won't start until later towards the evening so hopefully the weatherman is right this time. Later tomorrow morning I'm meeting Ds2 at an outdoor food market that's pretty popular in Cincinnati. They have a big indoor area for fresh meat sales and some quick lunch counters and then outside is all the fresh fruit, veggies, breads and other local people selling all sorts of things. It's year round, it's just not something I go to often. It probably sounds like a farmer's market but there's so much more to buy, it takes up about 3 city blocks.

Does anyone watch the Today show in the mornings? I watch it when I'm working from home and for some reason Al Roker really bothers me 🤷‍♀️. I think it just gets on my nerves that he acts like he's such a comedian and he's not. He really needs to retire so I can stop rolling my eyes in the mornings 🙄.

Well back to my eyerolling 😒, have a great day! :wave:

Good morning all. Going to be 84 but humid again. Nothing new going on here either. Glad yardwork is done. I am going to clean the siding on the front porch. Don't want to use the pressure washer as there's a wood floor with indoor outdoor carpet on it and I don't want the floor to stay wet under it. That will be my only chore today.
Attaching pics of 1 grandson hard at work at his new job with the electric company and pictures of stepdaughters 2 girls on the first day of school

Have a great day everyone!

Attachments

• 1ec7495069c0aa56fe3e797658fdb340--olaf-from-frozen-disney-frozen-olaf.jpg
    1ec7495069c0aa56fe3e797658fdb340--olaf-from-frozen-disney-frozen-olaf.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Skylar at new job august 2022.jpeg
    Skylar at new job august 2022.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Lily August 18 2022.jpg
    Lily August 18 2022.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 4
  • gracie first day of high school   august 19 2022.jpg
    gracie first day of high school august 19 2022.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 4
Happy Friday, everyone :)

Safe travels, Carol. I've never been on a train 🚋other than the DL RR and Casey, Jr. Sounds like a fun beginning to your trip. Have a wonderful time today, my friend. you are getting closer to ::MickeyMo

:hug:Kirby, I'm so glad you got to visit with some friends last night.

Prayers you have a peaceful and smooth workday, Snowysmom🌸

Happy to hear you have a happy :cat:Footballmouse. Still love her Twix name, so cute. Wow how fun to have gotten to go to an impromptu and smaller concert. So glad you and your sister got to do that and enjoy.

Love all your pictures, dear Lynn:hug:. Thank you for sharing with us!

B&B, thinking of you:hug:, praying your trip is off to a great start!
For me, it feels a little cooler this morning. Dad is off doing Friday :laundy:We're expecting either today or tomorrow (it looks like the original UPS package was transferred to the post office) packages from Target. Nothing much otherwise. Will check back later. Have a happy Friday, friends!

3 hours later, the front porch is sparkling. Wow, was the siding out there dirty from weather blowing all kinds of stuff at it. Add all the sawdust and everything else from putting in the new door, and it was a mess. I cleaned it from top to bottom, wiped down the ceiling. Took the pillow covers off the chairs and swing (made them out of beach towels, to make them very washable), and just put them back on. Took the light fixture off the ceiling fan and washed it,,then cleaned the blades on the fan. Washed down the adirondack chairs and table that are out there, and now I quit. All I have left to do is the carpet,,and we may just get new carpet for out there. Will depend on what color we decide to paint the outside of the new door. Mr L wants darkish blue,,I am undecided. Whichever color we pick, I will have to paint the shutter on both sides of the windows out there, and the 2 windows on one side of the house. We never put any on the other side, cause only the pain in the butt neighbor can see them,, lol

Have a nice afternoon,,I am off to relax my back

Just a quick hello! I hope everyone is having a good day and our friends who are traveling are having fun and staying safe!

I forgot to tell you guys a funny story the other night. You remember how we saw that brazen mouse in the restaurant last week? Well it must’ve been stuck in my head since it creeped me out so much. So late one evening a few nights ago I had to go get something in our in-law apt, and it was dark, with just a night-type light on. As soon as I walked in I felt something furry and unexpected under my foot and it freaked me out - I screamed and practically went completely up in the air and slammed back down again, landing on my butt in a pile of boxes we had stored nearby! Turned out it was a Chewbacca-type dog toy one of the dogs must’ve left in there, lmao! Scared the bejesus out of me! 🤣 (I didn’t get hurt but may have bent a finger a little bit.) Thought you would appreciate that visual!

Have a good evening everyone! 🐥

Lynn You have been so busy today. I am tired just reading all that you did. Now it is time to rest, for the rest of the day! Like the pictures of the kids you posted.

@Pea-n-Me Furry critters can really make us crazy. I hope you are OK. I am not laughing but maybe giggling a little at the picture you painted of your reaction.

I just got back from grocery shopping. I picked up a small pizza and salad for supper. Chris and I used to go out every Friday night. Now I do takeout and it lasts most of the weekend. While at the store I decided to look at Nathan's french fries because I heard so much about them here. They did not have the french fries but they did have onion rings. I like onion rings better so I got a bag. I figure I can have a few at a time. Not that I need them but once in a while it is nice to have a little something different.

I am not feeling like doing any more stuff around here today. I am finding myself exhausted physically, mentally, and emotionally. I just decided to give myself a break. I will take a walk in a bit. I like to go out and listen for the birds, look for dragonflies, and listen for the wind in the trees. Once in a while I see a little bunny I have named Thumper. He scurries out of my way but he watches me from under the brush as I walk by. I always talk to him.

Tomorrow younger DS and I are heading to see Joe and unfortunately the funeral home. I am hoping we can say goodbye and let him know we love him. It is sad to see this. He is such a good man and he and Chris were very close. I always picture him at our wedding standing next to Chris. He had a blue Mercedes and he drove us to the reception in it. It makes me miss Chris even more by losing Joe too. It has been a tough day.

Have a good evening.

Good Afternoon.

Not much going on here. The temps got a little warmer today but not unbearable. I managed to get the downstairs cleaned up and mopped, and the laundry done by 10 this morning. I don't have a washer and dryer, so I head to the laundromat once a week. $6 and 1 hour and I am done. Better than doing it at home.

The situation with Ella and her class was straightened out without me having to call the school. I had called them in June right before school was done for the year and put a request in then. They also suggested my daughter do it too. She never did. My youngest doesn't get this is why I step in so much for her sister. She is good at forgetting things. Thankfully my request in June seems to have done the trick because Ella was switched to the class she wanted. Of course, this means I now have to plan a trip to DIsney for next August. She will get her straight A's. I made a bet with her in third grade after she went that year with straight A's that if she did it through 8th grade, she got the trip. Not a B yet and now she also has had perfect attendance for 3 years. She is determined.

Even better news Cystal has a job interview on Monday at the Halloween Store. I am really hoping she gets it for her self-esteem. It is nice to earn your own money and not always relying on mom and dad for everything. Prayers that she gets the job.

Pea-n-Me's story about the mouse brought back a weird memory. When my daughter was about 3, there was some construction going on near us for new houses. Of course, wildlife was displaced. We had my in laws over for dinner and I spied something out of the corner of my eye. I screamed and jumped on my chair, silly response I know. My SIL followed suit. My dogs were playing with a wee furry creature. I had the exterminator out the next day. We had a rodent family in the basement. That night I screamed and jumped on the couch. The exterminator missed one, but the dogs didn't. My husband thought I was insane. Over the years we have had a stray mouse get in, we have woods near us and had a doggy door, and the cats thought they were great presents. Me not so much. The dog however brought in a much different "present". My husband was on an overnight trip for work. The dog came in from outside with something in her mouth and dropped it. I called my husband, while standing on the couch shaking. I told him he needed to come home right then. He was 8 hours away at least in Erie and had to bring a load of custodies home the next day. He laughed. The dog brought a full-grown opossum in the house, it wasn't dead. Thankfully the dog realized I wasn't happy with her present and took it back outside. She did it the following year too but at least killed it before she left it on the couch where I sit. My husband still thinks it's funny that as tough as I am a critter like that makes me scream.

QOTD - My routine is to always get all the laundry done and clean the house. Then since a lot of my trips are without my husband, I make sure he has plenty of food while I am gone. Lately this has meant a pizza since he gets and extra 2 days from that and I get a clean kitchen.

QOTD #2 - I will eat leftover pizza but i need to heat it up. I don't like it cold. My husband however will eat it cold and after it has sat out all night. How he hasn't gotten sick is beyond me.

I am off to make dinner. Left over pork from the other day that I will shred for pulled pork with potato salad and probably corn and applesauce. Hope you all have a good evening.

Tomorrow younger DS and I are heading to see Joe and unfortunately the funeral home. I am hoping we can say goodbye and let him know we love him. It is sad to see this. He is such a good man and he and Chris were very close. I always picture him at our wedding standing next to Chris. He had a blue Mercedes and he drove us to the reception in it. It makes me miss Chris even more by losing Joe too. It has been a tough day.
:hug:

Good afternoon, B&B and early evening everyone else 🌼

Warmed up here:sunny:Nice later afternoon. We did get our Target 📦along with a 🥯coupon from Thomas, we buy their mini plain bagels. Dad got some magazines as well. (There is no magazine smiley). I also enjoyed a long conversation with Terri.

:grouphug:Eek, poor Pea! I would have been taken aback, too! So beyond grateful this mouse was a chew toy! Only these ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo for you from now on, please!

Big:hug: Snowysmom and always continuing prayer. Enjoy your 🍕and Nathan's to come.

Dear Lynn, I really don't know how you do it! Truly admire you (always) and your energy, of course, too! 🙏that you are resting now!

:grouphug:to you Grandma Taz. Thank you for making such a loving difference to your grandkids. Much 🙏for Ella and crystal. Like I said to Pea, only ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo for me and I sure pray the rest of all of dear you, too, from here on in!

❤️to all.

Good morning..back to humid and almost 90 again today. Slight chance of storms today and tomorrow. I got the pressure washer out last night and put it together..it's only been in the box since we bought it in 2018, lol Going to start with the walks and driveway, if it's as easy to use as it seems, I will start on the house. It's overdue for a cleaning. Front porch looks so nice, I even walked across the street to look at it from there, and it looks much better than it did yesterday morning.
Stripped and remade the bed, put sheets in the wash. Got something out for dinner tonite (burgers, fries, onion rings, and coleslaw, and maybe corn, depending on how hungry we are). Fed the cats, cleaned the birdfeeder and baths and am just waiting for the fog to burn off before going outside again. So foggy this morning you couldn't see across the street

Have a nice morning all

q7g22 (1).jpg

Good morning..back to humid and almost 90 again today. Slight chance of storms today and tomorrow. I got the pressure washer out last night and put it together..it's only been in the box since we bought it in 2018, lol Going to start with the walks and driveway, if it's as easy to use as it seems, I will start on the house. It's overdue for a cleaning. Front porch looks so nice, I even walked across the street to look at it from there, and it looks much better than it did yesterday morning.
Stripped and remade the bed, put sheets in the wash. Got something out for dinner tonite (burgers, fries, onion rings, and coleslaw, and maybe corn, depending on how hungry we are). Fed the cats, cleaned the birdfeeder and baths and am just waiting for the fog to burn off before going outside again. So foggy this morning you couldn't see across the street

Have a nice morning all

View attachment 695481
Haha.....my pressure washer sat from about 2018 until last year when my neighbor assembled and used it to clean for me. It's been silent ever since although I need to clean my deck where outdoor the cat eats. Splatters food and it gets dirty. Usually I mop it with an old swiffer since I have Trex, but I think it's time to deep clean.

I also have an unopened steam cleaner about 2 years old. If it's 'broke' inside my box I'm probably out of luck.

My snowblower sat in my shed taking up space for about 4 years. I gave it to my neighbor earlier this year. He will help me out with snow removal if necessary this winter. We hadn't had enough to start it up and blow snow since I bought it. Had bought it new at Lowes and same neighbor had made sure it worked/started so at least I know it works.

Went out to pull weeds and ants and other insects started crawling on my lower legs so I abandoned that task and came inside. I'll have to go get some ant killer for that area as they were too aggressive so must be a nest in there, around a tree stump.

Looks like a beautiful day ahead!

Almost due date (Aug 24) for my next granddaughter! But, we don't expect her on time, according to son. We will see. I'm excited but probably won't get to participate as much with this one as they are over an hour away. Other grandmother is 10 minutes from them and will be the sitter when DDiL goes back to her teaching job. I love that as I know she is wonderful with her other grand who is getting close to preschool age.

@Judique I at least use my steam cleaner and carpet cleaner all the time ,,don't own a snowblower yet,,,that's what I was worried about with the pressure washer,,that it wouldn't work. It works beautifully, and and it's got a long long hose and it's not heavy. 5 hours later and the house is sparkling clean all over, the sidewalks and steps are all clean, and the car is clean. Now my back is saying 'enough' already, so I am off to soak in a hot tub and take some tylenol.

@PollyannaMom Love the picture of the praying mantis. They have always been one of my favorites along with dragonflies.

@Pea-n-Me Thanks for the good wishes.

We did see Joe today. He is pretty much unresponsive and his breathing is raspy and uneven. I talked with him to let him know we were with him and that we loved him. I am glad he did not seek to have the invasive treatment the oncologist mentioned. He declined quickly as it has been maybe 5 weeks since he was diagnosed. At least he had quality of life and relatively no pain. We don't believe he will be with us too much longer. I asked him to tell everyone Hello for us. His funeral is planned per his wishes so that is one thing we do not have to worry about.
It is hot and humid here today. It is not good walking weather for sure. I cleaned a bathroom and will do a bit of work. Other than that, it is time to chill out a bit. I may go to the zoo with younger DS and the 3 older grandkids tomorrow morning before it gets too hot.

Have a good evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter