Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@tazdev3225 Thinking of you. :grouphug:

@Breezy_Carol It looks like your Disney trip is alot of fun. I love the Tusker House picture.

It is raining here now. We do need it so I won't complain. I did get to the zoo yesterday with younger DS and kids. My youngest DGD wanted to hold my hand through the zoo. So sweet. It was hot in the sun but not too bad in the shade. I was ready to head back to the condo after 2 hours though. We did have a great view of the wolves as they stood up, turned around, and then went back to sleep. I told them about the Safari ride at Animal Kingdom while we were looking at the big cats. The 2 oldest have been on it but probably don't remember much as they were very young.

Jetblue keeps messing with out flights. We were supposed to leave at 11:45 am which was perfect. Then it went to 2 pm. Now it is at 3:10 pm. Younger DS and family are going to change to the 6 am flight just to get to WDW early. Older DS is not going to want to do that and since I am helping him with the kids, I need to do what he does. I am going to offer that they can stay with me at the condo the night before and it is a straight drive down 93 to the airport. I will pay to park at the airport which is expensive but most of my trip was paid by credits I had from canceled trips so I feel like I can splurge a bit and it may convince DS to do it. It will also make handling the kids a bit easier.

Which brings me to why I am helping older DS with the kids. My DS told me a couple of weeks ago that he and his wife are getting divorced. They would have been married 10 years next month. It was in the works even before Chris passed but they put it on hold to help me out. I could see issues while I lived with them. Chris and I saw it during their marriage too and would talk about if they would last together. They tried counseling off and on but it never really stuck. So, she is not coming to WDW and I told DS I would help him with the kids. Younger DS and wife said the same thing so we are all together on this. Both parents are making the kids the priority. DS will have them one weeknight a week and every other weekend. He hopes to keep the house so the kids will have a familiar place to be with him. So any thoughts and prayers while we go through yet another upheaval in our lives would be appreciated. I am feeling very overwhelmed with everything right now.

Yesterday I made a Dash diet mexican bake from Allrecipes.com. I made changes to the recipe like using less rice and more black beans and made a half recipe. I put in the amount of cheese I wanted. I added sauteed onions along with the peppers. It was really good and I have enough leftover for at least 2 more meals if not 3. I don't want to do alot of cooking so this worked out well. Tonight will be half a chili bean burrito that I picked up at Market Basket market kitchen. Chris loved those so I pick one up now and then in his honor. Plus I have some fresh corn from the farm stand to go with it.

Have a nice evening.

Is it an amusement park and a market?
Just a grocery store. Outside it has jungle animals and music in a pond with a waterfall. He also has a couple of old monorails around the outside of the property (not working). It's really a sight to see.

My DS told me a couple of weeks ago that he and his wife are getting divorced.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it doesn't turn in to a nasty fight.

My dad has dementia and it is progressing to the point that at times he puts himself in danger at times.
My mom would do things that were dangerous also. My dad had to lock all the doors during the day in case he fell asleep, my mom wouldn't be able to leave the house. She did that a couple of times before he started locking the doors and the police found her once wondering around and another time a neighbor brought her home. She left the house one time and their dog went with her. They got about 2 houses down and Dutchess (the German Shepherd) stopped walking and my mom stopped walking too. Dutchess then turned around and started back home and my mom followed her. So the dog actually brought her home that time.

Anyway I am off to take Crystal to see about the job
Good luck! Hope she gets the job.
I did get to the zoo yesterday with younger DS and kids.
Glad you were able to go to the zoo.

Back from our 10 day epic WDW adventure - what a grand trip! The parks were reasonably quiet, the massive heat forecasted for last week didn't materialize (although for us Canadians it certainly felt HOT, especially with the humidity), and we only used our rain ponchos twice! Having the extra days made all the difference - it's a luxury to duck into one of the standby lines with no wait time to watch a movie and enjoy the air conditioning as we moved around the parks, knowing that we didn't have to hit all the highlights in one day. We also went back to the resort during the heat of the day on about half the days - it turned out to be an excellent strategy.

Downside is... my aunt tested positive for COVID when she arrived home. She's 80, is a powerful force and was putting on 15,000+ steps a day in the parks but came down with "the sniffles" for a day, no fever, and rested for most of the next day. Bounced back quickly and we figured it was a cold, but her doc said that it's often the case that you won't test positive until 4 or 5 days later, which is what happened to her. So... my DS and I tested again today and are still negative - I'm so thankful that she didn't get too sick.

So - five new attractions are now my top five faves! Rise of the Resistance, M&M Runaway Railway, Avatar Flight of Passage, Remi's Ratatouille Adventure, and the truly spectacular Guardians of the Galaxy - AMAZING. DS was so excited with all the Star Wars/Black Spire area, and his first time in a "bar" (he's only 16, but Oga's Cafe was a really special experience, and the Blue Bantha milk was... interesting!). The new tech they are using for Runaway Railway animation is so impressive, and RotR, Remi's and M&M Railway all use this "freeform" trackless technology that is really interesting. BUT... GOTG - wow. Visually and kinematically stunning. Unbelievable how smooth it is, and as you rapidly spiral around planets - it was thrilling. Just ask my 80 year old aunt - who rode it TWICE with us!

Loved Hoop de Doo review, Cirque was quite good (but I had just seen Alegria, which was in my opinion, a better show), buffets at Crystal Palace and Boma were both excellent, and we had numerous "pixie dust" moments that included a room upgrade, a VERY kind bus driver who went out of his way (and off his route) to rectify my error in jumping on Magic Kingdom rather than Animal Kingdom bus for rope drop, cast members randomly hand us ice cold bottles of water, and one very lovely cast member who let my aunt jump the queue and wait for us at the boarding area so she didn't have to stand for 40 minutes in line...

That's all for now, but I could write volumes - it feels like a bit of normalcy after a very difficult few years.

Here are some photos - most impressive was the "crowds" at Epcot at 9:40 am - so amazing to walk through the park without having to dodge around people, strollers, ECVs, etc. You can also see how light the crowds were during the Festival of Fantasy parade. It was the first day of MNSSHP and apparently most people didn't know that they switched the park hours to 8 am to 6 pm, so many didn't show up until 9 or chose to go on a day when there was EMHs - turned out to be the least busy day of the year. 711873B9-2374-4888-ADBD-28F8903EFCED.jpeg71E148F7-CD83-456B-91C5-7BC8CF1037DB.jpeg8D562B73-A0D4-4FEF-B986-BCBD3755D778.jpegC6F5D77A-E693-494D-B85D-34E58C90B31D.jpeg39769B7D-C3B5-4838-995E-690EA086D233.jpeg744026F5-2DC7-43CB-A395-7AA6D16383C4.jpeg

@Snowysmom - Sorry about your son and his wife. Hope they stay on the same page with raising the kids. I do understand flights changing. American has changed mine coming home on October but for once I don't mind. It gives me an extra half hour in Disney. The flight home is now after 8 PM. I just hope one of my kids will be able to pick me up.

Well no new on the job front. The store hasn't opened yet but Crystal is still hopeful. She has the contact information of who called her so if she doesn't hear anything she will call them. I was a bit upset as I have a 20% off coupon and hoped to pick up something for the house or my trip. My husband convinced me to got to the Halloween party in DIsney and to be honest I don't like the price but I do like the party. The store also has a few Hocus Pocus and Haunted Mansion decorations I really liked. I hope they open soon.

Not much else going on here. Dinner tonight is eggplant parmesan and spaghetti. I need to use the eggplant I got last week before it goes bad. I was going to add in some of the meatballs I froze but I had a slight problem there. They froze together and I can't pry them apart. I don't want to defrost them, so I have to figure something out. My plan was to use them as needed, not all at once. Of course my husband's choice would be for me to make a huge batch of my sauce. That is a fall winter project, not late summer. Who knows he could get his way when the weather gets cooler.

Have a nice evening.

@Canadisney Fly Lovely pictures. Sounds like you had a great trip. Sorry your Aunt got covid. I hope she continues to feel better. Chris and I loved M&M runaway train ride. It was a nice surprise. I am hoping to get to go on ROTR in Oct. We all want to go but need to switch off with the little ones. Thanks for posting pictures.

I am hoping DS and his soon to be ex will be on the same page and I believe they will be. The kids have always been their top priority. It is just going to interesting as they figure out the financial arrangements. That can lead to disagreements and issues.

I'm so sorry, dear Snowysmom :( I pray for your older DS and his soon to be Ex-wife and extra their precious kiddos. Indeed may, both parents, choose to always act like kind and loving parents first and foremost! I truly hope all of you are still able to enjoy your trip. I think a fun getaway could be a perfect initial healer of sorts right now. I pray so, anyway. ❤️

Big :grouphug: to you as well, Canadisney Fly and welcome back. we missed you. Love your pictures! God Bless your aunt! Prayers for her to feel okay! Truly grateful to God that all of you got to take such an amazing trip.

Thank you for the info, Footballmouse. Jungle Jim's sure sounds like an interesting place for sure! So glad all of you had an enjoyable time. :hug:on your mom. How scary!

Continued prayers for Crystal, Taz, and always for you!🌸

Great picture, dear Bobbiwoz! Happy upcoming Birthday to your sister! :cake:May her🛳️ go safely and be a lot of fun for her! Enjoy your family celebration this week!

Our new toaster came! It did the initial heat up that was instructed to do before first use, fine. Dad will heat some dinner in it later. Great 1 day delivery service!

Thinking of all of you. Prayers you each enjoy a relaxing evening.

I just got the news that Joe passed early this morning. I am glad he is out of pain but so sad to lose him. I know he and Chris and the rest of their family are together now. Just so sad. Now we have to figure out how to tell his sister in the nursing home. Older DS will call them and ask ask the best way to handle this as they really know her better than we do. We were closer to Joe.

To top it all off, older DS has covid which he got from his soon to be ex wife and kids. She was with the kids on the Cape at the their family's home. She had symptoms and went to urgent care. Urgent care did not do a test and she did not ask for a test. She went back to the Cape house and the kids were not feeling well. So she comes back home to the house with the kids where Kenny is. Then she tests herself and the kids and they all test positive. She had the perfect opportunity to isolate at the Cape house and not expose anyone else. Kenny is feeling fine this morning. He was a bit tired yesterday. He is not happy she did not test at the Cape. She has been so nervous and scared of covid since it started that I am surprised she did not test. She has been testing so much as a general rule. So Kenny cannot work the rest of the week. He does say now he can spend time with the kids as he doesn't have to isolate from them since they all have it. I have not been near them for 10 days so not an issue. I tested negative. He will be able to go to Joe's funeral on Saturday as it will be 5 days and he will of course wear a mask. When it rains it pours but now we have a monsoon.

Good morning all. Sunny and 83 today. Grass needs mowing again, but I don't feel like it, so it will wait till another day. My cold is better, but now Mr L doesn't feel well. He is calling his PCP this morning.
I have no plans for the day, still a little low on energy after all the work I did this weekend, lol

Have a great morning everyone..back later to check in
@PollyannaMom --great hummingbird picture!

8d0978b027ee3dfa23dd8aa210cb7d9a.png

Good morning.

@Snowysmom - So sorry for your loss but Joe is at peace and free of pain. If I recall you said the sister has dementia. There will be no easy way to tell her because she may not process what you are saying. Many years ago, my family "adopted" 2 elderly ladies from church. They were sisters and had never married. They were dear souls, and I am so happy they were a part of our family. Anyway, the one sister Dot, was showing signs of dementia, so we were all keeping an eye on her. I will say some of her memories were false but funny, like her pet owl when she was a child. The other sister, Eleanor, suffered a massive stroke and though we tried to keep them both home it was impossible. After a couple of months, Eleanor agreed to a nursing home. Honestly, we were concerned about Dot as she was becoming combative at times. When Eleanor passed away a year later I told the nursing home I wanted to tell Dot. It was so sad but at the same time seemed like a comedy routine. I would tell Dot; she would cry and then ask me why I was there. After the 4th time of I'm not going if Eleanor doesn't go, I lost it and told her she had to go since we were burying Eleanor, she DIED!!! Not one of my finer moments but I was exhausted dealing with 3 kids under 5, being at the hospital til 2 in the morning with Eleanor and then this. At least it was better than when Eleanor had the strokes. I was up past midnight calling people and explaining we did NOT put Eleanor to sleep. Bad comparison on my part to get her to sign a DNR order as the next of kin. I had the POA expedited after that. The funeral was interesting though. My grandmother, who also had some senility from a series of mini strokes, and Dot got into a fight over a pair of gloves.

Anyway I think it's wise to let the facility help in telling Joe's sister. Sorry about the Covid with your son's family. When it rains it pours.

I have a funny story. My husband has had 3 wedding rings, possibly 4. The one we were married with and at least one other was stolen when he worked. Not bright to take it off around a bunch of inmates. A couple years ago, after the strokes, he really wanted a new one, so we got him one. Unfortunately, he was losing weight, so he kept losing it. I had a ring guard put on. He still kept losing it. The last time was in the early spring. I told him to forget about it, he just wasn't meant to have a ring. This morning after I walked the dog I looked down in my garden that is now remnants of the plants that bloomed so beautifully in the spring. The sun glinted off something and it caught my eye. On closer inspection there was my husband's wedding ring. He was very excited to have it back again. He will lose it again but at least for now he is happy.

Not much going on here other than food shopping. The one perk to getting old is I get a senior discount on Tuesday. The downside is that some of those really old people can be vicious. I have been hit by random shopping carts almost every trip to the supermarket. They don't even care. It's my excitement for the week. Hope you all have a great day.

QOTD for today, 8/22: What is your most recent vivid or memorable dream or even daydream? And when do you think you have them? (Overnight soon after or a few hours after falling asleep or like me a few hours before waking up fully for the new day)?
I haven't had any recurring dreams lately that I remember but for years I had a dream that I was building a spaceship in my grandmother's yard and my eyes wouldn't focus on the blueprints enough to read them. This dream started back in my late teens/early 20's and continued periodically until a couple of years ago when I had my yearly eye exam. The prescription was off just a tad, just to make my long vision a little blurry. Then the dreams stopped. Weird!

@Kirby - Glad things went good with your daughter and the ex. I am the suspicious type and would wonder if he was up to something, but that's me. That spider is scary looking. How big is it? The Okra flowers are pretty but that is one vegie i do NOT like. My SIL is from the south and she says I just never had it cooked properly. I think it's slimy and disgusting so who knows, she could be right.
The spider's body is about 2" long. I love okra and can just about eat it any way. I have even eaten it straight off the plant before.

@Snowysmom, condolences for your friend, Joe. And I'm so sorry about your older DS and wife. Divorce is a sad thing, I pray that theirs will be congenial and that they will be able to work together for the children.

If you haven't seen the flooding stories on the news, Dallas got hit hard. There's only been one issue in my town and it is a bridge being closed due to the ground being washed out from around the edges of the entrance to the bridge making it unstable. It's currently lightly raining.

Dinner last night was spaghetti, Italian green beans and Dole Italian salad.

I couldn't sleep last night and finally dozed off a little after 3:00 am. Am a little bleary eyed this morning.

Good morning all - I hope the day is starting out well for all.

My cousin came over for a glass of wine last night and while we sat out on the back deck, we heard a car accident (I'm about 6 houses from a busy road). I used to teach first aid and worked ambulance part time when I was in my '20s and had just renewed my standard first aid last month, so I called 911 as I ran toward the street. It's been quite a while since I've been on the scene of an accident and I'm always surprised at how many people stand around with no one actually lending assistance.

Airbags are a godsend - both gentlemen in the one car were really shaken and were short of breath and complaining of of whiplash, as getting punched by an airbag is a powerful force, but without them, I would expect there would have been quite a bit of blood. The driver of the other vehicle was already out of his car, but spoke very little english (older chinese gentleman), and the passenger of the first vehicle got out to have a cigarette (!), so he was shaken, sore, but OK. I finished triage and the 911 operator said fire, police, and ambulance were on their way (busy road, definitely needed some traffic management). It was 12 minutes before the firefighters arrived and I was able to hand over the scene.

I walked my cousin home - five blocks from my house - and returned to the scene - 43 minutes since I made the 911 call and STILL NO AMBULANCE - I live in a very accessible and central neighbourhood. We have a real crisis right now with shortages in health care workers, paramedics, many affected by covid, more affected by the stress of the last two years. The paramedics finally arrived a few minutes later and they put the driver on a backboard and transferred him to the ambulance. This city is growing so fast and the services aren't keeping up. Thankfully they're building a new hospital that will be just a few miles from our house - I plan to stay here until my last day on this earth, so it's comforting to know healthcare will be close, but they really need to sort out this issue with the ambulances. I felt for the young man at the wheel and how stressed/scared he must have been - those 43 minutes would have felt like hours. I'm sure they're all sore this morning, but it definitely could have been worse.

I expect to come home with COVID the way they pack you in.
I hope you continue to have a wonderful trip and I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences on the new rides! LOVED the photo of Carter with Mickey. Having the characters back makes it all feel a bit more normal, doesn't it?
I just got the news that Joe passed early this morning
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss - you've had to endure so much of late. It sounds like there is hope that the end of your DS's marriage won't be too acrimonious. I hope that is the case.
My cold is better, but now Mr L doesn't feel well.
Don't you think this summer cold thing is a bit bizarre? We usually get this out of the way in the winter, but I suppose with all of the covid precautions, the cold viruses are having their way with us all! I've never known so many people to have summer colds - odd times. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope that you'll both have this behind you soon.
On closer inspection there was my husband's wedding ring
Awesome story! So exciting to find what once was lost - and when it's something of such meaning - amazing!

@Canadisney Fly --you said--Don't you think this summer cold thing is a bit bizarre? We usually get this out of the way in the winter, but I suppose with all of the covid precautions, the cold viruses are having their way with us all! I've never known so many people to have summer colds - odd times. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope that you'll both have this behind you soon.

I rarely get a cold in the winter,,but it never fails that I get one in the summer! I just have to be different, I guess, lol. Not sure if it's from being in ac, then outside, then back in ac or what. My cough is almost gone, and my nose has stopped running, so at least it was a short cold.

I "liked" your last post, dear Lynn, because you are feeling better! Please take good care and stay that way! Prayers for both you and Mr. L 🙏

Peace🕊️Snowysmom and much ❤️I, too, am so grateful that Joe passed peacefully and is now forever healthy and at peace with God. Never easy indeed to need to tell another family member. I am so very sorry about Kenny and his Ex. Just 🙏all-around.

Thank God, the gentlemen were okay, Canadadisney Fly! Thank you so much for looking out for them! :hug:

What a great found💍 story, Taz, love it!

:hug:Kirby and prayers for a restful night tonight for you and absolutely for safety for all in Dallas! Thanks for sharing your🚀dream! :)
What a beautiful morning hummingbird, dear PollyannaMom! :thanks:for sharing with us! I'm sorry you didn't rest well last night either. Take it easy today!

Quiet cooler morning here again today. Recording an older Hallmark this evening called Kiss at Pine Lake Have any of you seen this one? I liked Barry Watson on 7th Heaven so giving this a try. So far, so good, btw, with our new toaster oven. Dad extra prayers please for tomorrow morning when he has a doctor's appointment. Thank you, friends. Have a good Tuesday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter