Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

It's in the low 90's today and we are under a flood watch until 7 pm tomorrow night. Our 10 day forecast is in the 80's with rain chances all week. Maybe we'll get some rain. Out of the eight bushes we planted in the Spring, five are showing stress and have wilted/dead leaves on them. They are watered so we know that is not the issue. I'm sure that it has been the heat. One is probably dead so hopefully we'll only have it to replace.

DD dropped the kids off at McDonalds last night, the current drop off/pick up point. Her ex said not a word to her and she has received no scathing texts/emails from her, not even blaming her for Lil Joe's right croc strap being broken. He requires the kids to wear the same clothes that he dropped them off in the previous visit. Highly unusual for him not to text something. Feels very strange for him not to blame her for something. Will have to see how he acts tomorrow evening when he drops them off.

DH and I went to Soul Man's last night for fried catfish. It's a BBQ joint but they have catfish on Fridays. Was pretty good and close to the house. They also offer a number of different sides to choose from so that you are not just eating fried stuff.

I slept in till almost 9:00 am this morning. Felt so good. I feel like I slept really well for a change. Made breakfast and sat and talked to DD for awhile. DH had gone to get one the oil changed on one of the work trucks. DD left to run up to school to do a few things for next week. DH were able to sit and talk for a couple of hours just about stuff which was really nice. We don't get to just sit and talk very often.

We got our recommendations for Medicare prescription and supplemental insurance from the guy we are working with today. Need to make an appointment with him to go over them. We turn 65 in October.

It looks like I haven't done much but talk today, sometimes that's what you just need to do. But I did make breakfast, clean up the kitchen, a load of laundry and got stuff ready to take to Helping Hands next week and loaded up in my car.

We're meeting two of DH's brothers and their wives for dinner tonight about 6:30 at Abuelo's in Arlington about an hour away. The older I get the more I dislike driving later in the evening on the interstate and getting home later. We have no choice but to drive on the interstate and both (there are two of them to choose from) are heavily traveled. And once I get home I can never just go right to bed like DH can. I'm up at least an hour after I get home. Oh well, when it's our time choose a place, we're going to pick earlier in the day. And it will be good to see them.

Good morning. Sprinkling outside, calling for rain most of the day. But the heat is gone,,high will be 74. Somehow, between yesterday morning, and last nite, I came down with a cold. Sniffly, coughing, etc. Had a terrible headache, still have most of it. My back was so sore when I went to bed that it made me cry. I knew I overdid it,,and Mr L wanted me to only do half the house. But I wasn't going through all the trouble of getting the washer out, hooking it up, moving it around etc,,to not do the while thing. I didn't want to have to drag everything out again. I finally got up at midnite and got a cold pack, and put that on my lower back,,and it let me sleep from 2-6. I plan on doing nothing today--I've earned it. Between helping with the door, cleaning off the front porch (still have to order the new carpet), and washing the house, enough is enough, lol

Have a nice morning everyone

68a571a03230ccb8065cc1e1f2f4fd96.jpg

Lynn You have earned at least one day off if not more! Please take care of your back.

I took my walk this morning. Not as muggy and more refreshing so far than yesterday. I went out and got some gas before it got really crazy out there. Younger DS just texted and I will be going to the zoo with him and the 3 older grandkids.

Older DS called last night to say the hospice told him Joe is comfortable right now. He asked me if I wanted him to call me during the if he got any news and I said yes. At 4:30 in the morning I got 2 text alert dings on my phone but when I looked on my phone there was nothing. A bit strange.

Have a good day.

Lynn, your back! 🥺 And now a cold. Glad you’re resting today. You might need an MRI. Feel better.

Snowysmom, prayers for Joe. 🙏🏻 Interesting about the phone dings. Joe was fortunate to have your family overseeing his well-being.

Had a busy day yesterday running around doing errands. Grocery shopped and put everything away. Will grill some steaks tonight, was going to do it last night but we’d had a late lunch and weren’t hungry. Still have another store to run to today.

That’s about it. I hope everyone has a good day! 🐥

:grouphug:Lynn and PLEASE take care of yourself at last!

:hug:Kirby and the kiddos always.

Cooler morning here. Dad will be staying home all day which I am always glad abour. Today in our area is a hug bicycle 🚲 event so a lot of the streets will be blocked off. We started watching Big Sky River last night. Pretty scenery!

Thinking of you dear Snowysmom🌺

PollyannaMom and Pea, I hope you both enjoy some rest this Sunday!

Love and a Sunday hug to all of my 🐥family. Carol and B&B, prayers you are having a wonderful adventure right now! :)

I will check back later.

Well, the weathermans prediction of rain all day and a high of 74= wrong again..its sunny and 86. How can they be so wrong, so often?
I did one load of laundry and have done nothing else but lay on the couch and watch Hawaii 5-O. We are going to watch Jurassic World Dominon after dinner. We are pretty much caught up on everything on the tivo anyhow. Won't be much on till new shows start in Septs
Dinner is thick cut pork chops, summer squash, baked potatoes, and tomatoes, which are pretty much on the menu for most meals, since they are coming of out ears,,lol
Have a nice afternoon everyone

VERY glad to hear you are relaxing, Lynn:hug:!

Quiet afternoon here. We ordered a new toaster oven that is supposed to come tomorrow! Amazing. Dad uses a toaster oven daily whereas I just use our two-slice toaster for 🥯 Thank you all again for the Hamiliton Beach recommendation, last year. We do like our Hamilton Beach microwave very much.

Have a good rest of the day, friends 🌼

Evening thread bump to say I am so glad you did relax today, dear PollyannaMom. You sure have been a busy lady!

I really enjoyed Big Sky River Hallmark Movie It's based on this Big Sky River Book. I have the book on my library saved list to check out sometime. Have any of you read it? :) The young child and teen actors were especially touching which made for a nice movie change. I admit at the beginning especially to not always caring for Tara's parenting choices, but she was a good mom to her daughter, Erin, after all. I keep in prayer that she and her Ex James made loving choices in the future. Full Movie Cast Dad Sherrif Boone (Tara's love interest) captured my heart big time as well. What a great guy! I'd recommend checking it out when it re-airs, next Saturday at 3.

Sweet Dreams, everyone🌠 with :grouphug:

Good morning.

A short check in from The Happiest Place on Earth.
9297FBEB-4D9A-45B6-907F-EFE9CA82B3D4.jpeg
Today is our down day after task master DD had us running in MK yesterday. We had breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table and didn’t start rides until 11 am. That said, we did 16 rides/attraction plus rode 2/twice. Watched the fireworks then headed back to the house. We go back to MK on Thursday to finish up there. Genie+ really helped us.

Saturday was AK. We did everything we wanted to do, the safari twice, without Genie+. Lunch at Tusker House was a highlight. Food was good, and then there was this50FCF169-93D6-4D4F-9DE3-56A38D918617.jpeg
Carter started out a little tentative with the characters, then there was “Mouse,”. This melted my heart.

Today is the pool and a leisurely day. Better go out and be with the family.

See y’all soon.

Evening thread bump to say I am so glad you did relax today, dear PollyannaMom. You sure have been a busy lady!

I really enjoyed Big Sky River Hallmark Movie It's based on this Big Sky River Book. I have the book on my library saved list to check out sometime. Have any of you read it? :) The young child and teen actors were especially touching which made for a nice movie change. I admit at the beginning especially to not always caring for Tara's parenting choices, but she was a good mom to her daughter, Erin, after all. I keep in prayer that she and her Ex James made loving choices in the future. Full Movie Cast Dad Sherrif Boone (Tara's love interest) captured my heart big time as well. What a great guy! I'd recommend checking it out when it re-airs, next Saturday at 3.

Sweet Dreams, everyone🌠 with :grouphug:
I DVR'd that one, so I'm looking forward to watching it!

Good Monday morning :cutie:

I'm so jealous!!!!!! Sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy the rest day, we always schedule a couple of rest days during the week while we're there. You definitely need them. :earsboy:

Rained on and off all weekend but it never affected our plans. Saturday I met up with Ds2, his girlfriend, and DIL and we went to Findley Market here in Cincy. We got lunch while we were there. DIL and I went to a butcher's stand and got something, Ds2 & girlfriend went to a Mexican stand. I ended up buying some kettle corn popcorn, 4 different things from the butcher (tuna salad, Greek salad, roasted veggies and something else), at a bakery stand we all bought something, I got a bourbon banana pudding, at the farmer's market I got some tomatoes. We were there for about 2 hours and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. This was Ds2 & his girlfriend's first time there, they really liked it.

Yesterday, Ds2 & girlfriend and I went to a big grocery store (Jungle Jim's 🐒) that sells everything under the sun that you would need. They have aisles for different countries, a cheese section with cheese from various countries, a fresh fish section that is unreal, a huge bakery, a candy section with a wall of Jelly Belly jelly beans. It's very overwhelming for your first time and it was Ds2 & his girlfriend's first time here also. They had a lot of fun and they said they will be going back. They even got their dog a new toy, a stuffed squeaky popsicle. I ended up getting some gourmet dog treats, some blueberry bread, sushi, Utz chips, a block of baby Swiss cheese, and I bought us each a churro (that was so good).

Ds1 & Ds3 got the driveway widened so Ds3 was able to park his car on that new part. It looks a lot better.:car:

Think this will be a quite upcoming week. I have my Pilates class tonight. I think I'm going to try the kickboxing class that is before the Pilates class. I'll let you know how that goes.

That's is for my weekend-life story. Hope everyone has a great weekend! :wave:

Good morning all. Calling for rain and low 80's today. Hoping handyman comes to finish the storm door. Since it's on the front porch, it doesn't matter if it's raining. He was also supposed to call the gutter company to see when they can come out. @Breezy_Carol --looks like you are having a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Attempted to watch Jurassic World Domination, but there was something wrong with the dvd. It kept stopping and reverting back to the beginning. Got hold of Amazon and they are sending out a replacement which will be here tomorrow.

No plans for the day unless the door gets put in,,good, as I already need a nap. Another night of not sleeping well,,hopefully this cold will go away soon

Have a nice day everyone

dae595d403aba3e8852ce7202a2fbba7.jpg

Good morning.

Sounds like you are having a lovely time! The picture of Carter and Mickey is just darling!

It rained! It rained! It rained! Glorious rain all night long! A friend of mine that lives a couple of miles away had over 6" in her rain gauge this morning around 7:00 and it's still raining so no telling what it will say when it stops later on. Our front yard has a small pond in it now, would be even bigger if DH had not put in a french drain to the bar ditch a couple of years ago. Between the rain and thunder, I slept so good last night.

I've been harvesting okra from my neighbor's garden the last couple of days while they were out of town. I've got a couple of meals worth in the freezer now. Was letting some grow large since a friend of mine makes Santas out of them but there is no walking in the garden today.

Thought I would share a picture of a new friend that likes to hang out in the okra and a picture of an okra flower. The ants really love them.
20220822_095725.jpg

20220822_095741.jpg

DD had a good pickup with the GKs last night. Her ex was very cordial, she said it was eerie. We're just thankful that there was no drama this weekend.

Last night we had chips and BLT's for dinner. I don't know why we never think about having these occasionally. Our dinner Saturday night with DH's brothers and wives went well. The food was good and the noise level was low so that we could actually talk.

Thinking about frog and hoping that things are well or as well as can be.

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone from overcast LA,

:hug:Carol. Precious Carter. I love the picture::MickeyMo So grateful you and your family are having such fun!

I hope you enjoy the movie, PollyannaMom! It has a lot of beautiful country scenery, too 🐴

Footballmouse, I had to Google "Jungle Jims." Is it an amusement park and a market? It looked as though it could be. Glad all of you had a good time 🛍️ I used to love (when able to eat it) hot fresh kettle corn, so good! Enjoy that 🍿for me, too :)

:grouphug:Lynn, sounds like you need to unwind! I am very happy you have no plans for today. Please keep it that way, my friend. I hope your new 📀 copy plays just fine! Dad and I are semi considering getting a DVD player of some kind eventually. Right now we can watch a DVD on our 🖥️ I have heard something called Roku is a way to watch something from the computer (such as a DVD or even You Tube) on the TV screen? I also have a feeling that would be way too expensive and techy for us! We do now have a Smart 📺 so a DVD player that can hook up to it would probably be much simpler. Dad is mainly hoping to get a good deal on a new 💻on Black Friday. The one he currently has he got years ago on Black Friday. it's no longer supported, and he can't watch TV on it which is his main use for it. Minor, of course!

:hug::wave2:Easyas!

Kirby, pretty 🌼

We're expecting two Walmart 📦today. One big box with our new toaster and a second small box with two packages of medium unscented trash bags (exciting huh)? :) Dad is so hoping the new toaster works out just fine. I, do, too, of course for him since as I said he does use our current one that is on the fritz daily.

Remember back in 2020 and even last year when I shared about some more vivid dreams I remembered upon waking up? All were in store shopping related.

Both early Sunday and this morning I had two memorable/vivid dreams. I should add that both dreams did occur in the early morning hours (I think) rather than overnight. I THINK that is when most of my vivid dreams happen rather than upon first falling asleep at night or in the true wee hours of the morning. I had different sort of dreams that also brought reassurance to my truly being able to safely get out again one day in God's time.

Saturday night may have been a longer scene. Grandma was dropping me off at church. The weird parts were that she and I:car: (I was the passenger) drove into the building! The second part that took me by surprise was that the space looked like the building my early childhood education classes were in years ago! I remember feeling awful because we drove over the clean floors at my handyman/custodian/all-around wonderful person and friend at church had just mopped! Grandma pulled up to the door 🚪that was at the end of the hallway which was in real life where the office of a kind ECE advisor was. But not like the real main church layout at all! Then I just remember, my friend mopping the section of the floor again that grandma had driven over while I apologized and suddenly got to reunite with a former church pastor friend who has since retired (she retired last year, I believe) that I was close to and have not seen, of course, since before Covid! That was lovely. I don't remember either of us saying anything just that I clearly saw her.

New location took around the corner to the front of the main church building where I went to sit in a 🪑 across from the half door (Dutch door) of the church office so I could possibly safely from a distance, I guess, say hi to my friend Glenda who works at the front desk in the office. I never saw Glenda in the dream. In real life there was sometimes a small table and chair facing the church office. That was the end of that!

Today's early morning dream, I don't remember as well. It was definitely much shorter. I just recall being in a big room and reuniting with a cousin who I am not close to but my dad is. In real life, she and her family did take a walk with my dad (I said hi from out front of our building) when they visited from Chicago. Then, I think, I was going to a church service or planning with a bunch of people including the cousin first, some type of fundraiser.

Not sure what to make of either dream other than the first dream, of course, reminded me of TBAA! Tess (Della Reese) always driving her red Cadillac and transporting both fellow angels and humans in it. Of course, it was, lovely to see my grandma healthy, robust, and full of life. God's extra grace of reassurance that, of course, my beloved grandmother is restored and forever at peace, with Him! By His call, I have no doubt she has been sent many a time since passing in 2005, back to earth to bring someone closer to Christ. Grandpa and Champ, too. The education part was perhaps added comfort and call from God that He is/may further use me in some way to be witness and spread His Gospel of love. Perhaps through children at church or the book or future ministry. Just a true sense of added reminder that always I am His. Thanks be to God!

Thanks for listening to all that! I hope it brought each of you cheer and fun to read along with most importantly assurance that forever YOU are God's precious child, too! He will never leave or forsake you! By His connecting us, I care, too with love. I do thank Him every day for making us a Quacker family in Christ.

QOTD for today, 8/22:
What is your most recent vivid or memorable dream or even daydream? And when do you think you have them? (Overnight soon after or a few hours after falling asleep or like me a few hours before waking up fully for the new day)?

Good afternoon.

We had some rain overnight that just left it feeling muggy out. We did need the rain though so it was nice to get it.

@Kirby - Glad things went good with your daughter and the ex. I am the suspicious type and would wonder if he was up to something, but that's me. That spider is scary looking. How big is it? The Okra flowers are pretty but that is one vegie i do NOT like. My SIL is from the south and she says I just never had it cooked properly. I think it's slimy and disgusting so who knows, she could be right.

@Breezy_Carol - enjoy the trip. I did one with all but one grandkid a few years ago and the youngest 2 boys really remember very little, but I have fond memories.

Been a bit down lady. A friend is going through some stuff with a family member that has had police, social services and now lawyers involved. What she has been accused of is beyond comprehension and it all has to do with a parent and his money. The family member wants it and my friend is trying to protect her parent.

Then my mom has been telling me some things about my dad's behavior. My dad has dementia and it is progressing to the point that at times he puts himself in danger at times. She lost her keys and my dad decided to search the car after dark for them. They live on a very busy street, 2 lanes each way and quite a few accidents over the years. Dad opened the car into oncoming traffic and just got out of the car. Thankfully that time of night it's not quite as busy, but still scary. Mom was already in her PJ's so couldn't go out after him. I told her to keep a robe handy and nobody will care anyway. Watching my dad go downhill is very depressing.

My granddaughter never got a time for the interview today so I am taking her to the store around 2 so she can ask and maybe be interviewed on the spot. I told her to make sure she dresses nicely. Even though it is a Halloween store first impressions count. She wasn't sure she should do it but I told her it shows initiative.

I cleaned the refrigerator out today. It's so nice to have it all clean. I need to do it more often as I thought of Flyingdumbo127 as I did it. I found bacon and hot dogs that expired in 2021. Threw them out right away. There is packaged cheese that was Best By 2021 so I think I will be making some mac n cheese with the roast beef for dinner this week. It will make my husband happy as I usually save the mac n cheese as a Christmas Present. There is a story there though. His mom used to make it all the time. It was really his dad who did the cooking but he passed away when my husband was very young, so once in a while my MIL would do it. I make mac n cheese all the time but never like they did. I do it quick and easy on the stove top. One year I decided to ask my sister in law what the big deal was. I got how the in laws did it and made it for Christmas dinner that year and told my husband it was his present. I make it on occasion anyway, but he gets it every year for Christmas now. Hearing about my dad going downhill bought up some unhappy memories for him as his mother died of Alzheimer's Disease. He understands how upsetting it was for me, but I understand how upsetting it is for him to watch me go through the same thing.

Anyway I am off to take Crystal to see about the job, prayers that she gets hired as she really wants it. I'll update later. have a good day all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter