Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Morning, friends,

I have enjoyed reading about your upcoming WDW trips. So cool that a lot of you will be going to WDW soon. Prayers that each of you and your families enjoy a safe and tigger-iffic:tigger:time. I'm of no help with reservations, having never been to WDW. I do remember once it was possible to walk up to the Plaza Inn for the Minnie's breakfast. Enjoy some character meals and other breaks.

Grateful extra to God to be able to share that last night dad and our next-door neighbor (at the start of the pandemic she chose to end our friendship of forever. She said some unkind and untrue things and just seemed to not be in a good place. Last night she apologized to my dad. They talked for half an hour. Dad said he felt such relief about that. I did, too. She has been in my prayers this whole time. I wish her simply peace.

Dad will soon be going off on a few near to each other errands. We did use the $10 off $50 Target Circle offer last night on Target.com (safer and more instant way to shop)! We were finally able to sign up for a free one-month trial of Walmart+. Until this last weekend, it was never available in our area to try. The closest Walmart is almost an hour away. Now we just need them to have the unscented trash bags we would like to get more of! In other "shopping" news, Oriental Trading is offering free shipping on any order today. The code is CE224628

Try to get some rest today and tonight, dear Carol so that you will be bright eyed and ready to have FUN starting tomorrow. Enjoy your 🍕 later and have a fantastic trip! So happy for you and your family.

Hug, Snowysmom, I continue to be so thankful to God for all the kind friends in your life. How fun to get to meet Taz at WDW::MickeyMo! I pray that you both do meet up. I will love to hear about that, our first two Quacker family members meet and at what better place than

A fair sounds like fun, PollyannaMom. I am sorry though about the rain. What beautiful purple flowers 💐! YES, a child especially a younger child, should always be able to reach out comfortably to a parent.

Prayers, dear Taz for you to please feel better. Remember, topical anesthetics exist and one of their uses is to prevent routine needlework from being painful! Thinking of you, my friend. You and Snowysmom really should try to meet up! I look forward to hearing about that:earsgirl::earsgirl:

Thanks, Frog. I got a text from Barbara Ann who said the party 🎂yesterday was a lot of fun. Just hugs and continuing big prayers, too.

Hug, Footballmouse, I’m sorry. You can do it! :cheer2:I hope your sister has a wonderful trip. You please have a good Wednesday.

Hooray for another lovely sounding weather Wednesday, dear Lynn. Enjoy the day!🌸

Hug and condolences, Pea:hug: on your friend’s parent. I am so glad to hear you got to enjoy a nice dinner especially after your last dining out experience!

Hug, Judique, sometimes it’s nice just to be at home 🏠! Wishing your daughter a fun trip.

Have a great Wednesday everyone. I shall check back later.

Back from my errands to find my front door 1/3 of the way open. Storm door was closed so not as noticeable when the inside door is open a bit.

Yes, as far as I know it's no burglar, just me forgetting to close it. I came out and opened the rear of the car to put in my refrigerated bags for my frozen items. Then I saw something that needed to be brought around to the backyard.

Back to the front and into the car which had been backed in.

Forgot the door completely. You will hear my screams if anyone is in the house, either upstairs or in the basement. Just kidding about that. The cats were all sleeping where they usually are and no dog barking. Cats would have hidden if anyone was here. Instead they are laying all over my furniture as usual.

HUGE:grouphug:Judique! I am so sorry that happened. How awful. I would not have gone inside the house! Beyond grateful to God that you are okay. Please don't do that again. Not that it ever better happen again but you know. It may not be a bad idea to call the non-emergency police phone number to let them know so that someone could come out and/or if nothing else have a report on file. Take care please and stay safe!

I talked with Ruth this morning and assured her that the cakes came out perfectly. The love that went into baking them shines through and is what matters. LOL, she told me she is saving the number 9 mold for me. in 3 years, God-willing, when she is celebrating her 99th birthday, I promised to bake her a cake. Dad said he will be glad to help. Giving all of you 3 years notice to come help :cake:Ruth's birthday is in mid-February just as an FYI :D

Have a peaceful afternoon everyone!

Home from errands. Weather 'was' beautiful until about 10 min after I finished bringing everything in. Then out of nowhere it dumped down rain,,hard. We never get rain inside the master bedroom windows..until that storm :( Still thundering every now and then, but the sun is back out. CVS was a mess. They are having issues with their internet and phones, again. I had refilled Mr L's meds online on Monday, to be picked up today. I get there, after looking online to see it says ready for pick up..to find they weren't filled yet. I told them I was standing there until they filled them,,so he did ours first. Then I get to the farm stand,,and all they have is white corn. I am not a fan, so left with nothing. Returned an amazon purchase to Kohls, went to Martins for coke on sale, and did Aldi's and Walmart. Stopped at Lowes to get a good gallon of exterior paint for the new doors, and had 4 spare keys made for both doors. Then drove to another farm stand,,and got a dozen corn and a small basket of peaches (there are a dozen in their small basket), good thing Mr L likes them
I ordered the Jurassic World Dominon Monday nite, and got it in the mail today, so may watch that tonite. I have all of the others on dvd, so figured this would complete the set.
@Judique --that is scary. I have had that happen too,,if not completely shut and winds come up. Hope there are no strangers in your house!

Have a nice rest of the afternoon

@frog3101 Thinking of you and your kids especially your older DD. Your soon to be ex and his girlfriend are not fooling anyone by saying they started dating after the separation.

@TazDev It would be really nice to meet somewhere at WDW. As we get closer we can talk.

@Pea-n-Me So sorry for the loss of your friend's parent. Such a tough time for the family.

I have booked another trip for my NH friend and me. We are doing a Disney cruise in May. It is the 4 night out of Port Canaveral on the Wish. We just want to get away and have some fun. I work for a cruise travel agency so I get a bit of a discount which helps. I had a jetblue air credit that I needed to use soon so I booked our airfare too. Now just need to book the MCO hotel as we are flying in the day before. Something else to look forward to. My other really good friend wants to do an Adventures by Disney trip to Alaska (land) and we are looking at that down the road a bit. She also has 2 friends who may join us. I have learned that do things now while you can as you never know.

Chris' cousin Joe is starting to decline further. My older DS got a call from hospice today that he is very sleepy and having breathing issues. They are helping him to be comfortable. We are going to see him Saturday assuming things don't progress further. On Saturday younger DS and I are doing some preplanning with the funeral home per the advice of Joe's attorney. So sad to be doing this but unfortunately necessary. The past almost 11 months have just been so overwhelming.

I had a really nice sandwich for lunch. I had a garden tomato from my friend. I sliced it up and put it in with turkey and whole wheat bread and some mayo. So yummy. I really appreciate the little things like this. It brought a bit of comfort.

Have a good rest of the day.

I think the packing is just about done, except what I need to do in the morning.

DH is out picking up our traditional "night before vacation" pizza. I have to go fix a salad.

@lynxstch , we had thunder, lightning, and a down pour also, after I watered all my plants this morning.

I'll probably be back but thanks for all the happy Disney wishes.

I think the packing is just about done, except what I need to do in the morning. Same here. I'm down to phones and Kindles, and their charging cords; the Go Pro, binoculars; DH's glasses, and insulin; my comb; a few snacks for the drive/plane; our IDs and credit cards; and an outfit to wear on the plane on Friday. (since we're driving down to Orlando tomorrow, and flying out early Friday morning). Oh, and I need to prep the lifestraw filters for our water bottles.

DH is out picking up our traditional "night before vacation" pizza. I have to go fix a salad.

@lynxstch , we had thunder, lightning, and a down pour also, after I watered all my plants this morning. DH hit hail on the way home, while on the highway. It was pretty bad over by his work; we just had some thunder and wind here.

I'll probably be back but thanks for all the happy Disney wishes. Have fun!!

Made some lemon ricotta cookies this afternoon; they came out pretty good. I had ricotta and lemons that would have gone bad while we're gone, so I decided to use it up. I'll take a dozen with us to munch on tomorrow night, and then DS can eat the rest (or end up tossing).

Tomorrow I'm washing our bedding, and towels; stopping in at the bank and Publix to get DS food while we're gone; and then packing the car! I cannot wait! I'll hop on tomorrow before we leave, but that's the last you'll hear from me until the 29th or 30th!

What an awful CVS experience, Lynn. Grateful you did get the refill and made it 🏡before the temporary 🌧️

:cheer2:for further trip scheduling, Snowysmom. Big :grouphug: always, in general, and extra on Chris' cousin Joe. You and your family have made a kind difference to him! Prayers you take comfort in that.

Excited :mickeyjum for you, Carol. Enjoy your 🍕and have a fantastic and safe trip!

Much prayer for safe ✈️ travel all-around for you, B&B!

🙏that all is well, Judique!

All this trip planning is making me want to get away. We had hoped to get away to Galveston for a couple of days during Lil Joe's Fall Break but it's not going to work. So, we'll spend one day at the State Fair of Texas with DD and the GKs. And a friend and I will go to the Ft. Worth Junior League's Cowtown Christmas Market on another day that week.

Dinner tonight was leftover brisket, oven roasted red potatoes, corn on the cob and Dole Caesar Salad.

Made some lemon ricotta cookies this afternoon; they came out pretty good. I had ricotta and lemons that would have gone bad while we're gone, so I decided to use it up. I'll take a dozen with us to munch on tomorrow night, and then DS can eat the rest (or end up tossing).

Tomorrow I'm washing our bedding, and towels; stopping in at the bank and Publix to get DS food while we're gone; and then packing the car! I cannot wait! I'll hop on tomorrow before we leave, but that's the last you'll hear from me until the 29th or 30th!
Wishing you a wonderful trip. too, B&B! :goodvibes Want lots of pictures from you all!

I know, all this talk of trips! My friend invited us to go to WDW with them this fall but I think we’re going to take a pass, they really need some time to decompress and we have the money slated to go elsewhere. I think we’ll wait until the post-Covid crowds die down, too, and see if there are any bargains to be had, probably next yr.

Was exhausted after the services today, came home and took a nap. Emotions run so high at those for me. Went to the luncheon afterward so we didn’t do much for dinner tonight, everyone was on their own.

Funny with the pizza the night before your trips, Carol. Going to make that a QOTD! 🐥

Inspired by Carol and her family’s tradition of eating pizza the night before a WDW trip!

QOTD: Do you have traditions before your WDW, or other, trips?

We always got a bag of blueberry bagels from Dunkin Donuts the night before our trip, usually because we’d have a super early flight so we’d have to leave the house around 3am and nothing was really open then. We’d listen to Disney music in the car and eat plain blueberry bagels on the way to the airport. That’s what I always think of when I eat a blueberry bagel! :lovestruc

I don't cook the night before a trip. I don't want to spend part of the evening before cleaning up the kitchen. We either order out or go out to eat.

I have to brag a little on DH. He drives a lot in his work around the DFW area. He's found a lot of things on the road that people have set on top of their cars or fell of the back of a truck. He's found a number of wallets laying on the ground and has always made an effort to return them to their owners and has been able to do so many times. Some wallets have belonged to people that have no IDs in their wallet so no way to track them down. If that happens, he does not keep the money inside but donates it to a good cause. Which brings me to today. He was in Coppell which is about 45 minutes away. He saw a car make a turn and something purple flies off the top of the car. So he goes over to see what it was and it was a Kindle Fire in a heavy duty purple case with lots of children's activities on it. It has the name of either the owner or the child on the screen and as soon as he got home he began looking for them online. Wouldn't you know that he actually found them and one of our workers will be dropping it off to them tomorrow when he goes to do a service call in their area.

Good morning.

Today is the day!:cool1::smickey::tink::mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

Woke up too early again. I hope I can sleep on the train. I know I'm just anxious/excited.

, but that's the last you'll hear from me until the 29th or 30th!
Have a great trip!
He's found a number of wallets
Was one of them DH's? So nice that he makes an effort to return.
The reason we have pizza is the same as @Kirby, don't want cook. At least that's why it started and now it's tradition. We also have a division of labor, I do laundry, DH sets timers on lights. Can't really think of others that aren't needed chores.

Catch you later.:wave:

Like Carol, Chris and I always had pizza night the night before going to WDW or on any trip.

B&B and Carol Have good trips and lots of fun.

KIrby Kudos to your DH for being such a good guy. I am sure the people he returns things to do are very happy.

It is a cool breezy morning. I have the office window open as well as the balcony door to get in some fresh air. It was supposed to rain but I don't think it will. Took my walk and now ready for work.

Have a good day.

Good morning all. First,,wishing happy , safe travels to @Bianca and Bernard and @Breezy_Carol . Wish I could hide in your suitcases and go along! Have great trips!!!

Another nice day in store, before the heat and 90 degree temps come back for the weekend, along with predicted storms. Am going to try and get the yardwork done today, before handyman comes to do front doors. His wife had to go to court this morning . She had a headlight out and got stopped, and they cited her for DUI. Issue is , she doesn't drink. They said they could cite her for being on heart medication? They are obviously going to fight that one. They will cite anyone for anything around here, it's just ridiculous.

Off to get myself going for the day. Didn't sleep that well, and am still tired :(

Have a great morning!

R (5).jpg

We peaked too early. Don't want to leave until 9 and just about ready to go.

When DS was younger, we always made fun countdowns before a Disney trip: calendars, paper chains...that sort of thing.
DD still hasn't told Tessa and Carter they are going to WDW. She didn't tell them until this morning that they were going on vacation. Told them they are going to a farm and petting zoo. She'll tell them about WDW tomorrow morning. They won't know that all the grandparents are joining them until we show up at the house tomorrow.

There was one slice of pizza left over so I got it out of the fridge and ate it cold. DH was disgusted by that but I like it, so my question of the day, that I may post on the community board---Do you like cold pizza?

Inspired by Carol and her family’s tradition of eating pizza the night before a WDW trip!

We always got a bag of blueberry bagels from Dunkin Donuts the night before our trip, usually because we’d have a super early flight so we’d have to leave the house around 3am and nothing was really open then. We’d listen to Disney music in the car and eat plain blueberry bagels on the way to the airport. That’s what I always think of when I eat a blueberry bagel! :lovestruc

Other than the packing and repacking and repacking, nope.

We peaked too early. Don't want to leave until 9 and just about ready to go.

DD still hasn't told Tessa and Carter they are going to WDW. She didn't tell them until this morning that they were going on vacation. Told them they are going to a farm and petting zoo. She'll tell them about WDW tomorrow morning. They won't know that all the grandparents are joining them until we show up at the house tomorrow.

There was one slice of pizza left over so I got it out of the fridge and ate it cold. DH was disgusted by that but I like it, so my question of the day, that I may post on the community board---Do you like cold pizza?
it depends on the pizza. Some pizzas taste horrible unless they are hot; we had two mom-n-pop places by our last house/apartment that had the BEST cold pizza...it was even better than eating it hot!

Come on, 5'o'clock.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter