Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

80 degrees and hot outside. I did nothing today but take out the trash and fed the cats. In fact I actually took a 3 hour nap on the couch. Fell asleep watching La Brea, so have to finish that. My stomach is a bit off,,I think it was the chicken from last nite, I put the rest of it in the trash, though it didn't bother Mr L at all

Sister in law called and asked if I minded if she did shopping tomorrow instead,,nope, fine by me

have a nice evening all

Hey everyone, just checking in. I've been out of town and haven't read all the posts I've missed. DD, GKid's, DH and I went to Lake Conroe and stayed at one of DD's timeshares for four days. We swam, played putt putt and walked on a spooky trail. They had several Halloween activities for the kids that they thoroughly enjoyed. We went to Old MacDonald's Farm, saw a lot of animals, rode a pony and got a pumpkin. We also enjoyed going to the Houston Zoo. It's a very lovely zoo, gorgeous old oak trees and some really good habitats for the animals. We did some exploring in nearby towns, found a cool park to play in and a small town Main Street that looked worth coming back to another time.

Hope everyone is well, see you soon!

Thank you, Easyas for the kindle info! I'm glad you enjoy your kindle now. ITA there is nothing like a physical book! I just, as I said yesterday, would enjoy sometimes a comfortable way from the couch being able to read a heavier book. Poor Duke :dog:Good news on your foster pup!

I "liked" your post for your nap, Lynn and that you had a very quiet day. I'm sorry, of course, to hear your stomach feels upset :( Feel better all-around, my friend.

Love your trip share, Kirby! I am so thankful you had some fun!

🐥

@Kirby, that’s a beautiful dress! And I love the color.

Ongoing 🙏 for @Snowysmom, and hoping she’s doing ok. :grouphug:

I hope peoples’ backs are feeling better and everyone is having a good week!

I still like books myself. (But I use an iPad for everything, and if I did buy ebooks, I would get them on there.) Just ordered a book for DD’s bday, which I’ll read, too.

Had a nice week with a couple of outings on the boat. The first didn’t go too, too smoothly as we had to get towed in. 😅 I guess that’s common, from what we hear. DS was a little embarrassed, but we had teary fits of laughter over dinner that night reliving the experience. :lmao: (I think the gas mixture was off or something like that from the boat being out of the water for a few months.) Second outing went off like a charm, thankfully. Weather was gorgeous - not to hot, and not too cold. Toto had a great time and got to wear his new life vest. I’m happy that DH and DS are happy. :goodvibes

E44EC601-04C1-40BD-90FE-CA4710B5652C.jpeg

1C71AACB-0EDC-4D2F-AF3B-DB72E57D2E00.jpeg

Long work hours this coming weekend. Kids’ bday next week. We’ll celebrate at home. Hopefully the weather stays mild and we can sit outside by the fire. I was in the hospital for ten days during their birth. I wore shorts going in as the weather was in the 70s. When I came out it was in the 30s - DH had to bring me some warm clothes for the ride home! So it turns pretty quickly here this time of year. 💨

Forgot to mention - went to a yard sale last weekend (house from the 1600s 👻 ) and bought a little stable with all the ceramic nativity figurines for $10! (If you remember, I was looking at them last year since the one I have had lost the unique folk figurines.) I will have to pull it out of the things we wrapped it in to get some pics. Should be cute to set up somewhere. I still have my other one, too, and I did see some figurines in a catalog that might work with it. We’ll see.

Happy Thursday morning! :sunny:

It is supposed to be 82 today! That is 20 degrees warmer than what it should be this time of year around here, crazy :crazy:.

Pea-n-Me, love the boat pictures, now you're making me want to go on a cruise :boat:. I like putting my nativity setup out during Xmas but my dog thinks the people are new chew toys. I thought I would outsmart her one year and put it on the sofa table, well the cats decided to knock the people off the table >:(. I decided to throw in the towel and it stays packed away.

A coworker left for Disney yesterday and I gave her a list of 50th merchandise that I would like to have if she was able to find it. She said she would be happy to look so another coworker also gave her a list. She texted me yesterday and said so far she found 3 of my items. She went to Disney Springs yesterday and today starts her park days so maybe she'll find the other few things I listed. At least she found the t-shirt I wanted, fingers crossed for the Xmas ornament.

I fell asleep last night at the very end of Survivor! :oops: I didn't get to see who was voted off so when I get home from work today I'll go back and watch the very end. Good thing I record the show every week.

Back to work, everyone have a good day! :butterfly

Good morning all. Cool 53 now, going to 77 later, but big cool down coming this weekend. Fall will definitely be in the air.

Didn't sleep too badly, had recorded Survivor and made it through all of it before falling asleep. Stomach feels better today, back still a little stiff and sore.

Going to put laundry in, have to, haven't done it since Sunday. Would also like to do a long hot bath later, guess that will depend on what time SIL brings groceries

Have a nice morning everyone!

5101a27154eb098ee35f3390c2a1b50c.jpg

Good morning everyone. I didn't realize til I went back to catch up how MIA I have been. I did take a few notes and if I missed anyone I apologize.

@flyingdumbo127 - a meet post pandemic sounds like fun and something to look forward to

@Pea-n-Me - I have never been a fan of Tom Brady for some reason. He always seemed a bit arrogant to me, of course I could be wrong. The Bucs are playing the Eagles tonight and I am actually hoping he beats the Eagles. I am not happy with the Eagles organization right now so I root for them to lose.

@lynxstch - I sympathize with the back issues. That was one of the reasons I retired early. I have bulging discs along with a couple of other issues but I am bull headed and persevere through pain. If it gets to bad I take an Aleve, really bad prescription strength Ibuprofen, I usually throw half of them away each year. Of course one of the reasons I persevere is I have no choice and I always hear my mom's voice in the back of my head telling me to suck it up. I am taking it easy today although that wasn't my plan. I have the weird tingling sensation in my left leg which means the sciatica is acting up again.

@Snowysmom - I am so sorry for your loss.

@Kirby - hope your family is doing better after the Covid diagnosis. One of the things about this virus that is so perplexing is how it affects people. My daughter's family had it late spring and one of the boys never had a single symptom.

@footballmouse - that's great your son had such a weight loss that he didn't qualify for the study. The dress you picked is nice but I'm not a great judge of dresses. I hate them. I told my kids if they tried to force me to wear one when they got married I would get a tux.

@Pea-n-Me - love the boat pics. I would love to get a boat but my husband is not a fan. I was lucky I got him on a cruise a few years ago.

OK I am caught up. Life has just thrown me a lot of curveballs lately. I missed Anthony's last tournament this past weekend. The weather was horrible - cool and wet. I didn't want to drive over an hour away to be miserable. Instead I stayed home and felt guilty that I missed it.

Monday I took a couple grandkids to Lancaster for the day since I couldn't get them down the shore. My granddaughter asked if 2 of her friends could go with us. Nothing like three 12/13 year old girls in the back of the car giggling the whole trip. While I was there I got a phone call from my dad asking if I still had my husband's walker. I did and my dad needed it. I ran that down to him when I got home. I was up at 6 AM and ran till almost 7 PM. It was a LONG day.

Tuesday was just as bad. I had to get the grandsons to school. Of course Ben needed his morning poo. He comes out of the bathroom and announces the toilet is clogged but he tried to fix it - WITH HIS HAND!!! Scrubbed and sanitized him and got them to school on time. Then I had to get Mikey and drive him to school because he just missed the bus. Came home and wolfed down my coffee, then had to take my husband to his monthly breakfast with his former co-workers. The retirees get together once a month for breakfast and he has no one to drive him so I take him now. Dropped him off and did a few errands. I got a new comforter for the bed but forgot to restock my mask supply for the car. Picked up my husband and then had to get my granddaughter and take her to the doctor's and then for bloodwork. Dropped her off and then had to get the boys from school and drop them off at home. Finally got the food shopping done. Dinner was frozen pot pies because I was too tired for anything else and of course the cat ate half of mine.

I finally heard from my mom around 7. She had taken my dad to the ER. He evidently fell on friday and refused to go to get checked out. That was the reason for the walker. Dad has had some balance issues and has been falling alot. The hospital is setting it up for a home health aid to come out and work with him but the reality is he may need the walker for good. He has early stage dementia also so that isn't helping. Watching my superhero facing the frailties of life has been very difficult to say the least. Dad is 85 and has had some serious health issues the last few years so I know the inevitability of life is approaching but it is still hard to watch. My parents just celebrated their 66th Wedding Anniversary this past Sunday. They defied all the odds. No one expected them to last because they were only 17 and 19 when they married. My mom was still in High School. My kids love the story of how they got together. My dad it was love at first sight,. He thought my mom was "cute as a button". Mom thought Dad was a creep. She changed her mind and they eloped because her parents HATED my dad.

I'm taking it easy today. Tomorrow is the deep clean of the bedroom. I like to do it in cooler weather because changing the mattress covers is hard work. Saturday I am doing the New Jersey Lighthouse Challenge with my granddaughters. Crystal is having some real issues right now. She is suffering from anxiety so I want to take her out to do something we enjoy and just chat. She is a senior in high school and is so worried about her future. She also has health issues and the former friend that bullied her, is in 2 of her classes. She said it doesn't bother her but I know from the look in her eyes and the tone of her voice that it does on some level. The doctor wants her to see a therapist but her father is not a fan. Honestly I'm not either. I saw a therapist and have a degree in psychology and don't believe in them anymore. My reasoning probably is from the last one I saw. Her answer to everything was "Cut them out of your life". I would be an orphan, single and childless if I did that. I wanted to figure out how to cope with what annoyed me and that was NOT a solution. Since I cut the therapist out of my life I am doing much better. I am hoping to teach Crystal the one lesson I learned. I call it Finding your Zen spot. It's a way to get inner peace and then coping with what life throws at you.

I am caught up and hope not to go MIA like this again. Have a great Thursday.

Good Morning! :)

Thank you, PollyannaMom. Hugs, ITA about paperback books!

What beautiful boat pictures, Pea! I’ve only been out on a few touristy (and of course, Disneyland) boats but a short ride like your family took would be fun. Happy upcoming Birthdays to your kids! Awesome on the Nativity! I look forward to seeing a picture. You reminded me that I should look for a few extra animals for my own set. The critters I have, have sweet faces but not all of them stand upright any longer.

I hope your coworker has a fun Disney trip, Footballmouse and that she is able to bring you back some of your wanted list items! Enjoy Survivor later :)

Hug, Lynn, thankful you’re doing even a little better. Now to get you ALL better. Adorable Pooh and Piglet picture! We will have to go on the Pooh ride a couple times at our meet up and get some character pictures afterwards for sure pooh:

Hug, Taz, and always good to see you! Yay, like the meet up idea. I’d love to meet you. I will start the thread either later or by this weekend. I’m sorry you also have back trouble :( My own poor back just isn’t happy with this computer chair still. I so look forward post plague to replacing it once and for all! Big prayers all-around and extra love, my friend, too! We are here and care!

@TazDev I was going to mention we hadn’t seen you in a while. You sure have a lot going on! Sending prayers for your Dad. It is hard when they get to that stage, but good that he’s got your Mom and you. :hug: Bulging discs, yup. Been dealing w that w DH for years ever since he slipped on stairs years ago. The sciatica is the worst. Can wind up with nerve damage if not dealt with. He maxed out on cortisone shots and finally had a minimally invasive discectomy which was the best thing ever and took care of the problem for years. Just recently had an MRI and has a mild progression of disease so he is going for a shot again. We’ll see what the doctor says about repeat surgery, where was in and out in a few hours, had long term pain relief, and we wished he’d done it sooner. I meant to mention to @Breezy_Carol the other day, I think the MRI is usually the first step to identify where the problem is and also where they need to do the injection. The injection itself can be painful and sometimes takes two tries to work, but also worth a try. I know you know this, but in case others don’t - when a disc herniates, the jelly-like substance from in between the disc bulges out and hardens and presses on the nerves going down to the leg(s), which is what causes that awful pain. The epidural steroid injection decreases the inflammation, but the discectomy actually goes in and removes the hardened bulging disc material. Something to think about. Hugs all around. Btw for your DGD there is a book called the Anxiety and Phobia Workbook you can order off of Amazon that I’ve seen some people of that age have good luck with. Therapists can be hit or miss. I don‘t think I’d like one whose answer to everything is to cut out of your life, either. I prefer to try to get along! Some people, yeah. But family is tough. (Not saying it’s not for some people if that works.)

@Pea-n-Me Thanks for the suggestion on the book. I did check the Barnes and Noble website as we have one near us. There are a couple available so I think I will be taking a drive up to get her one. The one thing I liked in a preview is that it explains things and also states that this isn't all in her head. I have had anxiety issues most of my life, my son had severe anxiety and her father suffers from severe anxiety. She just really got snake eyes when it came to genetics. I really think the bullying played a huge part in her issues today. I keep on top of checking on her and trying to get her involved with things she enjoys, especially her photography which is a shared passion. I gave her my Sony DSLR a couple years ago with all the lenses I had and she is very talented. That is why we are doing the NJ Lighthouse Challenge. A day out to have some fun, see some lighthouses which are a passion of mine, and get some great pictures. I try and stay involved because I lost a nephew and a cousin to suicide. She is not suicidal that I know of but I want to make sure she knows she can always talk to me.

Extra:grouphug: and 💛 to all of you especially Pea and Taz for your above posts.

Because we need some positive fun, I'll go ahead and start the planning PM thread. PLEASE let me know asap if I did not (inadvertently, I promise) include you and you would like to be! All Quackers are welcome!

ETA: Has anyone heard from Sparkle recently? Concerned about her!

Last edited:
Have FUN and stay safe Carol!

I just began our thread, btw. A call out to B&B, first off, miss you and pray all is well with you, friend! I was not able to add you to the group PM :( It would not let me start a conversation with you. Please let me know if you'd like to be included and that would make me happy to do so! :)

Hi! We are back from an all family, except one DDiL who needed the weekend to catch up on first year teaching work, vacation to WDW. It was stressful, but ended on a happy note.

Anyway, when we get to spend some time with all 5 of our DGC, ages 8 to 18, I am happy. We live in NJ, TX and MA, so visiting is difficult.

DDIL sent me these pictures of the DGC on Monday as they watched Harmonious. DH, DSis and I were just too tired to spend time in the park. We relaxed in the pool that evening.

DH has his operation to remove a lung lobe that has a carcinoid tumor on Monday. This vacation had been planned before we had any idea of that situation. I am happy we had the time together, and I look forward to Tom’s recovery.

I know that many here will be praying for Tom, as I remember my Internet friends here in my prayers. It is comforting to us to know that.:)

Bobbi

I am very sad tonight. One of the longtime posters on our breast cancer thread has passed away, Feralpeg. I’m sure many of you knew her here. She was with us on that thread since the beginning, around 2005. She is not the first to pass. It always feels like a kick in the stomach. Please keep her in your prayers. There is a prayer thread on the CB. 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter