Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I'm glad you got to church and afterwards saw some wildlife, Carol. Wishing you a wonderful upcoming vacation!

That's cool that you have a boat, Pea. I hope you dog et to use it before it gets too cold. I've been enjoying watching some Lakefront Bargain Hunt on HGTV. A smaller lake and house always looks so tranquil.

Sweet dreams, to all.

Hi to all Quackers. Just a little stop in to give the thread a bump. We are due for some rain starting later tonight.
I've made my list of things I’d like to accomplish tomorrow…we shall see how many I get crossed off.
snowysmom, if you are reading, I hope you are doing ok and taking things one day at a time.
Have a good night everyone.

Good Monday morning :daisy:

Working from home today so I get to relax a little bit and get some thing done. Going to put some chicken breasts and noodles in the crockpot. I've never made that before so we'll see how it goes. Worked all weekend so I just finished washing a weekend full of dishes. Was going to cut the grass later today but decided that I really don't feel like it so I'll wait until Wednesday.

The dresses that I'm deciding on for my son's wedding came in the mail over the weekend. I'll start trying those on this week. I get my haircut tomorrow after work so I might try them on afterwards since my hair will look nice. I'm praying the one that I really like will look nice, if not I still like the other two that I picked.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day! :sunny:

Second good morning from MD, but I am later than Carol. Slept great, from 4:30 am till 8 am, lol.

Back not quite as bad, but still not back to normal. Good thing my house was fairly clean, as I haven't been able to clean like usual in the last few weeks!

Cloudy and 68 today, have 2:00 appt at copd clinic for Mr L. Last time with this Dr, and he really liked her. She is leaving for a teaching position, which almost never happens in her field, so we wish her well.

Have a nice morning all

OIP (1).jpg

Good Morning from not sunny yet CA.

So happy you got some sleep, Lynn!

Footballmouse, the dress will turn out just fine :)

Waving hi to Frog and Carol!

Always feels a little strange to know there will be no mail delivery on a Monday. Not sure why, it just does! Tomorrow, dad will be picking up books from the library for me including titles recommended by Carol and Kirby. Thank you both again for your suggestions. I will post how I enjoy them.

I'll check back a little later.

We hoped the grey weather would improve but instead it started raining.

I had to drive to the Allentown, PA area yesterday morning, and when I got up there and got out of the car it was down right chilly! Cloudy, drizzling and windy. 59 degrees. When I go back down home it was 75 degrees! I know there will soon be a time when 59 will feel warm, but it seemed really chilly yesterday!

DH and DS finally got the boat registered

Happy boating!

Going to put some chicken breasts and noodles in the crockpot. I've never made that before so we'll see how it goes

That sounds interesting - can I ask what your recipe is?

Cloudy and 68 today, have 2:00 appt at copd clinic for Mr L. Last time with this Dr, and he really liked her.

Hope he has a successful dr. appt.!

Good morning everyone. Super, super busy weekend and I find myself really looking forward to next weekend - when I have nothing planned! I'm exhausted, plus our dogs were very much out of sorts last night and one of them kept trying to get in bed with us all night. He doesn't sleep up in our bed, so that was new. I have a appt. at 5 this afternoon that is 45 minutes away from home. I'd give my left arm to not have to go, but I'm going. Hopefully I'll be home by 7 or 7:15. I highly suspect I won't make it to 8:30 tonight ha ha! I guess this weekend I will haul down my colder weather clothing and pack away some of my warmer weather stuff. Should be a quiet weekend, I've nothing planned and my husband and eldest are going Sika deer hunting.
Picked up our new foster dog yesterday. She is a real love! So far, no sign of the food issues she is reported to have. Also, no sign of being house broken as we were informed! Oh well, we will get her whipped into shape in no time, plus I'm sure she was a good bit out of sorts herself.

PollyanaMom - Happy Birthday!

Let's see - not much else is going on and nothing much else to report I'm afraid. It's grey and damp outside. Cool, but humid. Looks like the week will continue to warm up until Sunday. Dogs have filed a formal complaint that there has been no inaugural fire in the fireplace this fall yet, but we will probably have a small bonfire outside this weekend.

Good afternoon.

DH and I ended up going to Milburns this morning with DD, DSIL, and the grands. It's 10 minutes from the house and they all had off for Columbus Day. It was fun,

Unfortunately I have been dealing with some minor low back issues for close to 3 years. Been getting gradually worse so have been seeing various doctors and PT. This morning, I lifted Carter, which I have done many times, and I did something more major to my back. Lots of Advil today and I already had an appt with the spine doctor tomorrow. Need this to be better by Thursday.

And I learned there is such a thing as frozen noodles!
I had no idea there were frozen noodles either.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I have been trying to take it one day at a time but I am the kind of person who looks ahead for a long time and right now just see a long road to nowhere. Chris would be the first one to tell me take it one day at a time. In fact he told me that quite a bit. I did find a therapist who is taking new clients. I have an appointment Thursday and the office is only 10 minutes down the street from my son's house. She takes my health ins for now but does not take medicare which is what I will be changing to once I lose the health ins from Chris's work. I have probably until the end of Dec so I can start medicare Jan 1. I will most likely private pay for awhile if I like her and decide to stay with her.

The days are long right now but once I get the condolence package from Chris' work I will be busy with phone calls and appointments. I just wish he were here with me and I was not doing all this stuff. I miss him so much, even his crazy cartoon voices that made me crazy. I want to be in my home with him getting ready for our North Conway trip. I certainly cannot do the trip myself this year but maybe in time I can go there with family or maybe even by myself. It was our favorite place even more so than Disney.

We went to the house this weekend and made sure the fridge was cleaned out and the sofa outside ready for trash pickup. Next weekend we will start on the living area which will be hard. Lots of memories and sentimental items. My older DS is great at prioritizing things so I count on him to lead the way. I sometimes think about going back to live there, as have said before. But the kids said they would worry about me, the stairs, and maintaining the house, and I don't want them to do that. They have their families and jobs to think about and not worry about Mom. I will stay put at older DS' house until I either say time to go home or I get a new place that is one floor living with no outside maintenance for me. I am not sure I can wait until the Spring when the house should be ready to sell. I may go a bit crazy before then.:crazy:

Good Monday morning :daisy:

Working from home today so I get to relax a little bit and get some thing done. Going to put some chicken breasts and noodles in the crockpot. I've never made that before so we'll see how it goes. Worked all weekend so I just finished washing a weekend full of dishes. Was going to cut the grass later today but decided that I really don't feel like it so I'll wait until Wednesday.

The dresses that I'm deciding on for my son's wedding came in the mail over the weekend. I'll start trying those on this week. I get my haircut tomorrow after work so I might try them on afterwards since my hair will look nice. I'm praying the one that I really like will look nice, if not I still like the other two that I picked.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day! :sunny:

My son got married in September. So I understand the dress thing. I tried to find out what colors were being worn by mother of the bride, but that took a long time so I ended by just buying what fit! So, good luck and I hope you find one that makes you feel great!

Still cloudy, still 65 degrees.

Appt went well, and social worker came in before the Dr did. She is going to fax all the stuff to the 3 drug company's, then we just wait for phone calls and letters to see if approved, which she said we should be. Then they will send 90 days supply of each drug.

Dinner is burgers and fries, too sore and tired to make anything else

@Breezy_Carol--take care of your back,,I know how bad a sore back can feel. Your grandkids are just so adorable!

Have a nice evening all

:grouphug:Snowysmom! I so admire your kind courage. PLEASE take care of yourself and know all of us care and are here for you with love.

Congratulations to your son and his wife, (and you, of course, too) Judique. Welcome. Hope to see you post more in this lovely thread.

What a great update, Lynn! :)

Thank you to those who have already replied to my PM. I will be getting the mail I have to send tomorrow ready this evening. So last call to PM me within the next couple of hours or so. P.S. Dad just said he's not going to the PO until tomorrow early afternoon so should you still want to reply, please do so by tomorrow morning so I can seal up the envelope. Thank you! :)

I took earlier this afternoon a congregational survey (thanks to a friend sending it to me) from my current (and possibly former) church in regard to a new minister. I did save the link if any of you want to look at it. Continuing to keep that along with my future there in prayer. Post plague, I so look forward to checking out other church options! Meantime and always, thanks again Carol for inviting me to your church from across the country!

Have a good evening, friends!

Last edited:
Good Tuesday morning :daisy:

Should be another nice day today, think I'm going to sneak out for a walk later this morning.

Anyone watch NCIS? What just happened? Is my reason for watching gone? (Trying not to leave spoilers.)
I think you're correct about your assumption. That was my exact thought also, I kind of saw what was coming at the diner scene.

Just an update on the chicken and noodles dinner that I made last night, I posted the recipe if anyone was interested. It was really good! Only thing I would have added was some pepper. I also thought maybe I should have made some biscuts to go with it but they weren't necessary. It was kind of like eating a thick chicken noodle soup. I will definitely be making it again.

Ended up cutting the grass yesterday after work, never did get the urge to go and walk. I got called for a job interview for tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

Nothing else happening today, just my hair appointment. That seems to be my highlight every month, :sad2: I really need a more exciting life. Have a good day! :flower1:

Anyone watch NCIS? What just happened? Is my reason for watching gone? (Trying not to leave spoilers.)

I DVR that and watch it out of sync, so I can't answer yet. (And thank you for not being specific!)

The trip up to Maine went well yesterday. It was so nice to see DS, and the fall color is a little ahead of Mass, so here are the promised pictures:

Plus one ocean view:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter