Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Pea-n-Me, I remember Feralpeg. So sorry to hear of her passing.

Thanks for the good wishes over the health of my family members. DS fiance is doing well and going back to work on Tuesday. My niece is also doing well. Both she and my future DIL had infusions to help battle Covid. But my nephew passed away this week, he was on a ventilator. His wife is still on a ventilator and her status remains the same.

Had my teeth cleaned this morning and hair cut this afternoon. Took a little nap afterwards. I'm always tired after a trip.

DS fiance is doing well and going back to work on Tuesday. My niece is also doing well. Both she and my future DIL had infusions to help battle Covid.

Glad for some good news.

But my nephew passed away this week, he was on a ventilator. His wife is still on a ventilator and her status remains the same.

But sorry to hear about the others. :hug:

I am very sad tonight. One of the longtime posters on our breast cancer thread has passed away, Feralpeg. I’m sure many of you knew her here. She was with us on that thread since the beginning, around 2005. She is not the first to pass. It always feels like a kick in the stomach. Please keep her in your prayers. There is a prayer thread on the CB. 😔

Thinking of you, and of course Kendall as well. :hug:

I remember Peg's posts, and the artwork she shared.

discectomy

My husband had one of these, in his upper back. They went thru the front of his neck..weirded me out they wanted me to take him home that same day. I thought"but you just cut open his neck and messed around in his spinal area! Now you want me to take him out of here over the speed bumps in the parking lot?!?!?!" It was a very successful operation for him as well.

On the train waiting to depart at 4. Then in 17 hours we will be at our destination, just east of Orlando.

Hope you had a nice ride last night, and your car isn't the last one out :lmao: -have a fun vacation!

DH has his operation to remove a lung lobe that has a carcinoid tumor on Monday

I hope all goes well and his recovery is swift.

I am very sad tonight. One of the longtime posters on our breast cancer thread has passed away, Feralpeg. I’m sure many of you knew her here. She was with us on that thread since the beginning, around 2005. She is not the first to pass. It always feels like a kick in the stomach. Please keep her in your prayers. There is a prayer thread on the CB. 😔

How sad, I'm sorry for her family's loss. We have a family friend going thru her second bought with this.

But my nephew passed away this week, he was on a ventilator. His wife is still on a ventilator and her status remains the same.

I'm so sorry, I hope his wife can pull thru.

I hope everyone had a good week. Not much on the agenda for me this weekend and I've no complaints about it. I think this evening we will have a small bonfire and I'm finally going to get to crack open the champagne my husband got me for my birthday! Saturday & Sunday I'm hoping to do some much needed pantry & closet clean outs plus get out my cold weather clothes and put away the warm weather clothes. If I am feeling particularly enthused I might move the bedroom around.

I'm off to oversee some fall protection training at a jobsite down near the DE shore later this morning and I anticipate being out of the office for the rest of the afternoon dealing with that. No clue as to what dinner will look like this evening...if I was a betting gal I'd say pizza or hoagies!

Have a good weekend everyone-

Good foggy morning..going to be 81 today, then cool down starts, only in the 50's on Sunday!

Prayers going out to all who need them.

My cold is finally gone, now if I could get my back pain to do the same, I would be a happy camper.

Today we just need to repackage and put in freezer bags the meat SIL got yesterday..Mr L wanted 2 lbs of ground beef to make burger patties, so that is his job this morning, when he wakes up!

I am assuming the guy next door is going to mow today, as they are calling for rain tomorrow, might have to call and remind him

Have a nice morning all

something-brought-you-here-fate-destiny-bestscenesig-a-horse-tangled-22927346.png

Happy Friday and almost weekend, everyone :)

I didn't "know" Peg but did read some of her posts over the years. I am so sorry to hear of her passing. Prayers to her family and, of course, those of you who did know her. :hug:

Kirby, :grouphug:, ITA with PollyannaMom. I "liked" your post for the positive, big hugs and prayers on the sad updates, my friend. It is good to see you posting.

Enjoy your pizza tonight, Easyas and I hope you have a quiet weekend as well!

Hooray that you are finally feeling better, Lynn!

Cool morning here and gray. I don't like how dark it stays now more of the time. I am looking forward to Christmas movies starting next Friday! :santa:

Happy Friday morning! :cool1:

So sorry to hear that some of you are struggling with loss or illness :hug:. A big fear of mine is getting sick, I worry about how bills will get paid and how I would get around being by myself. I wouldn't want to have to depend on my kids all the time.

Finally was able to watch the ending of this week's Survivor, was not expecting that person to go home. I've been watching a new show that just started this season, Ghosts :hmghost:. It's about a couple who inherited a mansion and it's haunted, only the wife can see the ghosts. It's kind of quirky and funny, I'll keep watching it.

I had that job interview a few days ago. It sounds like something I would like but I didn't like the drive. I also don't want to give up my PTO around this time of year. With all the holidays coming up, it will take me until the spring to start gaining back PTO since you have to use that for holiday pay. On a good note, I was just notified from the hospital that I work at about talking to a department that I applied to for a Sr. position. This is the move that I would really like to make and I think I would enjoy this department a lot more. I'll keep my hopes up!

I work tonight at my other job and tomorrow afternoon we have an Angel Walk at work. I'll be able to catch a decent amount of sleep (hopefully) before I need to meet up. It's through an organization called Rachael's Gifts. They provide keepsake items for couples who have lost a baby at birth. Since I work in the Family Birthing Center we support the organization.

Making some salmon tonight for dinner. I'll take that to work and just drink a protein shake on my way to work (7pm-7am). We are supposed to get some really bad weather around 4pm today so I'll get out around lunch time for a walk and get some things done around my landscaping.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend, do something fun! :cheer2:

Extra :grouphug: dear Pea and a reminder that always, your Quacker family is here and cares!

I will keep that position in prayer to work out for you, Footballmouse!

I just looked at both Hallmark and HM&M starting next Friday through Sunday and am excited to be DVR-ing several Christmas movies. Some old that I don't remember from last year or wanting to see again and other news.

Have FUN and stay safe Carol!

I just began our thread, btw. A call out to B&B, first off, miss you and pray all is well with you, friend! I was not able to add you to the group PM :( It would not let me start a conversation with you. Please let me know if you'd like to be included and that would make me happy to do so! :)

Hi, Sorry I haven't been on. It's been a very...hard...month. I have been reading on my phone, but really haven't been able to 'talk' very much on the Dis, because I hate typing on that tiny keyboard on this site. I haven't been on my computer much. I would like to be added to the PM, but I am not sure how much I can contribute to the conversations; I am just overwhelmed with family stuff right now. (I have my PMs turned off, I think. I'll turn them back on later, when I have time).

((huggles)) to all who need them; ((quick healing vibes)) for Bobbiwoz, lynstch and everyone else feeling aches, pains, and illness; and a few late :bday: from me.

Good rainy morning. Nothing like waking up to the oxygen machine beeping because of a total power failure at 7 am. Just now came back on. No idea why it was off Stepdaughter just left here. She said the traffic lights were off, Sheetz was on. Pharmacare was off, Lindys restaurant was on. Didn't look like any lights on in houses, so it's a mystery. She took the trash out for me..stopped and got us some milk, lemons and popsicles, since I have a craving for them. She got the crockpot down from the top shelf, and filled all the cats dry food containers for me

Only thing I want to do today is strip and remake bed and take a long hot bath.

Have a nice morning all

559da0a507f2f6b8e73f795f3ce68f91.jpg

Sun came out, now back to rain again..high temp is now 65. Our Medicare Insurance Agent is right on top of things. Enrollment just started yesterday, and the girl just called us to see if we needed any changes. She said Plan N and Silver Script are still the right ones for us..and that N shouldn't go up more than $10 a person, if it does, she will see if there is anything else comparable, but she thinks that will be the only increase, other than a very small increase in Silver Script deductible. So the phone call Mr L was going to make on Monday, won't be necessary..lol..

Did dishes, stripped bed, but haven't remade it yet, going to sit and take some tylenol and rest my back for awhile first

Hi, Sorry I haven't been on. It's been a very...hard...month.

:hug:

Our Medicare Insurance Agent is right on top of things.

She sounds great! It's nice that you have someone looking for you on that stuff.

Weird about the sort of mix-n-max power outage!

I'm late on here today because I was off apple picking with my cousin and her little girls (4.5 and 2). We all had a blast, much sampling was done, and I brought home a decent size bag full as well.

The wind is picking up now, and I think we're in for some rain soon.

:grouphug: To all who are having a tough time. I did see the news about Feralpeg. I always liked her posts. She was a kind and caring person. I think about her daughter.

Friday I went to the house by myself and did some administrative stuff that I had to scan. DS could do it at his house but I wanted to do it all by myself like a big girl. As long as I kept busy I felt OK and liked being in my own house and just getting what I wanted where I put it. Once I stopped being busy the tears started and I knew I had to leave. I feel weak that I can't go back to my house to stay. My kids tell me not to think that other women could do it and I am weak because I find it hard. I am me and I have to do what is right for me. I may try to stay a night here and there down the road. I told my older son that and he asked why. Maybe I will feel closer to Chris? But I am hoping Chris is here with me wherever I go. I sure need his help and support. I am definitely flounderng now.

I am frustrated with our trash collection people. I called last Tuesday to have the couch and a chair picked up. They said it would be done Thursday. Knowing them I figured by Saturday. I have a way to see my house and this morning they are still there. GRRRR! Phone call tomorrow morning.

Today my sons and I are heading to the house to really start the massive cleanup. I am so overwhelmed by all the stuff we collected over the years along with all the stuff Chris kept. I don't think the house will be ready until at least Spring. My patience may not take me that far. We are being very selective about what we save as we don't have room to keep alot of things that have not been used or looked at in years or decades. A lesson I learned is not to let the stuff get out of control. Chris always said he was going to clean up the house once he retired. Unfortunately that did not work out and we have to do it.

@lynxstch I am looking at medicare for the first time and it is daunting. Why do they have to confuse people so much? I have called our town's advisor for seniors trying to navigate the process. She sent me some info and it is like reading Greek. I have to get a letter from DH's company stating my coverage period and when it ends. Then medicare has to start. Once I have that letter I will contact the women I spoke with and she will guide me, I hope. This is just one more thing on my plate and my plate is already overflowing. Oh well, something to talk about at therapy.

Have a good Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter