• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Informed Delivery is great, and it doesn't cost a thing! I love it, if I'm expecting something I just go on there and see what is in the days mail to see if it is showing up. If it's super windy & cold or raining I'll check to see if it's worth my effort to get out of the car and pick up the mail or let it sit and wait until the next day!

QOTD: What are some of your favorite Disney restaurants, and why? Share an experience there!

Some Favorites:
Sanaa - that bread service! (and of course watching the animals 🦒)
Skipper Canteen - the Kungaloosh! dessert, and all the little details (If you're ever there, read the titles on the books.)
Columbia Harbour House - my favorite counter service
Garden Grill - this one is a memory thing. (I mean I like the food, but I know it's not amazing like some places.) We had booked it during our first "big" trip with DS. (He'd been for the day once, as a baby, but this time he was five, and we stayed on property for a week or so.) - Anyway, we had the best character interaction, and he loved it so much that we got another ADR for later in the week (because you could do that back then...by walking up to an actual kiosk in each park!) I've loved going back there ever since.

Informed Delivery is great, and it doesn't cost a thing! I love it, if I'm expecting something I just go on there and see what is in the days mail to see if it is showing up. If it's super windy & cold or raining I'll check to see if it's worth my effort to get out of the car and pick up the mail or let it sit and wait until the next day!

Yes it's free..but its not always accurate, especially not lately. I have had it tell me I have 3-4 pieces of mail coming that day, only to not have them show up for 2-3 days. Other times I have had to click the 'I did not receive this mail piece', and have someone go searching for it. If it was scanned and on the site, then the mail has to have been seen somewhere!
@flyingdumbo127--sorry about your car battery Mona. I myself have had to remember to go out and start ours every couple of days, since it's been so cold. Since we only go out once or twice a week, I don't want to go out one morning and find that the battery is dead! Glad you got a new one!

Thank you, Easyas123, Lynn, and thanks again, Carol, to you as well! Dad did set up an account. It showed 0's across the board A bit of the mail mystery has been solved. I heard us get a package and the mail meter scan. I opened the door in time to thank a mailman I had never seen before (not the carrier that we had thought was our regular carrier). Dad went to check our box, it along with the 9 other mailboxes were empty. Dad was able to find the mailman. He thanked him for the package and asked about regular mail. The mailman's answer was he was hired only to deliver packages and advertising into mail wells. We get something each week called Red Plum that has Ralph's and Pavilion ads in it. So that explained why I got a book ordered from Paperbackswap and how the sheets came last night! It will be interesting to see whether we get any email tomorrow. Dad is still missing two of his music magazines that he let the company know he was missing! We did try to call the main PO, no answer, no surprise :(

Thanks, Lynn also on the battery. Definitely keep starting up your car and also taking it out! That would be awful, especially where you are in terms of true winter weather, to find a dead battery!

Good morning all..I agree with Sparkle,,its Friday morning and not much to say. Lily went back to in person school yesterday, Gracie will go next Thursday. She is so excited! Because of her kidney issues, she has been homeschooled since last March, and is over the moon to be able to go to school and see her friends again. Governor Hogan says he doesn't see any reason why MD can't send kids back either...that there is no public health issue with it? Wow..are we that far along in the race against the virus that it's safe for them to go back???
No plans for the day, I slept badly with weird dreams again, and am too tired right now to think of anything to do. Will make my grocery list for tomorrow and then decide. Have a great day everyone!Rfb434357096a7e33db5ae5038ddbb185.gif

Good morning.

@lynxstch, I’m guessing you weren’t the one who bought a lottery ticket at Coney Market but you are the closest person I know. Or @easyas123, did your husband buy one when out there?

We have a guy coming shortly to give us an estimate on taking bushes out front the front of the house. I better get dressed.

Good morning.

@lynxstch, I’m guessing you weren’t the one who bought a lottery ticket at Coney Market but you are the closest person I know. Or @easyas123, did your husband buy one when out there?

Heck no..it wasn't me..I would have been shouting it from the rooftops and you would have heard me from your house, lol. That little market is probably 16 min drive time from here. I have never been there. We always buy 2 tickets a week at our local Sheetz..and we didn't even have 1 number. Someone is very lucky, but will have a hard time dealing with all that money!

We have a guy coming shortly to give us an estimate on taking bushes out front the front of the house. I better get dressed.

Good luck with the estimate!

QOTD Friday Jan 22'nd

Carols question asking if it was me who won the lottery , (nope , not even 1 number right) gave me an idea for the QOTD

Powerball was worth more than $730 million dollars --and was won by a couple maybe 16-20 min drive from me--they haven't revealed themselves yet though.

Would you want to win that much? And if you did, how would you take it, spread out, or lump sum,,and how would you spend it?

haha, no - it wasn't us! Fun fact, my husband went to Lonaconing HS. I think the 'mayor' of the area has already partially spilled the beans, so it's probably known in the area who the winners are.

Would you want to win that much? And if you did, how would you take it, spread out, or lump sum,,and how would you spend it?

Lump sum, create a trust, establish a charitable organization, wherever I end up living have a large addition put on that is a dedicated dog washing room with a walk in tub/shower big enough for a great dane, TRAVEL.
And as a treat, I'd finally pick myself up that Hinckley picnic boat I've had my eye on!

Not that I've given it much thought.....

QOTD Friday Jan 22'nd

Carols question asking if it was me who won the lottery , (nope , not even 1 number right) gave me an idea for the QOTD

Powerball was worth more than $730 million dollars --and was won by a couple maybe 16-20 min drive from me--they haven't revealed themselves yet though.

Yes, I would. I have 10 MegaMillions tickets burning a hole in my pocketbook. Didn't get new powerball, as the jackpot was just won (and congrats to the winners!). I have made exactly $2 on what I've spent on lottery (PB/MM and scratchers) the last month, so I'm ahead! :cool1: I made $100 on one scratcher last week, and $29 on 4 yesterday.

First, I would call a lawyer, and an accountant. Find the best way to take the money, that will give me the least amount of stress. Lump sum would mean I could do everything below in one swoop; annuity would mean a different sort of planning. At our age (early 50s), we'd probably go lump sum, so we could set all of the stuff into motion and DH could retire.

We'd set up trust funds for each of the kids and grandkids, along with one for ourselves. Buy some land and build a house. Set up a fund for a business (IDK what kind, but something to put the money to work for us). Set up a fund for charity (again, IDK what kind, but I do want to do that). Buy us each a new car. Finish paying off our debts. Furnish the new house, including kick-butt top of the line computer setups. Once it's safe, do some traveling...we have a large list of places we would love to go!

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I logged into our new USPS account. It said something about 4 mail pieces (no images) in today's mail. Does that mean there will be mailbox mail today? We shall see! The off thing was that it also said no packages yet two of our Amazon orders, one that says "out for delivery" on USPS, indicates it is coming today :P

Hugs, Lynxstch and prayers for Lily and Gracie.

Carol, I also hope the estimate goes well.

QOTD: "Would you want to win that much? And if you did, how would you take it, spread out, or lump sum...and how would you spend it? I should first say I do not gamble in any form. Dad did enter Publisher's Clearinghouse's latest contest so that would be nice! Should we somehow come into a lot of money, we would first get it safely put away! As far as what we would do with it, the biggest thing would be to begin a new home search! As I have shared, nothing "fancy" yet truly would be an extra Blessing! Probably an apartment because I think most all condos and townhouses have some stairs which we would not want, I do know some communities have ranch style homes in them that are part of a condo association. We would not want to be responsible solely for maintenance and upkeep. My top priority would be that the new place is in a little safer area has an actual secure front entrance, management/ownership takes care and time to do upkeep including ensuring safe heating/gas/A/C, etc., each year. Secondary, 2 bedrooms, 1 1 1/2 bathrooms (ideally 3/4 and 1/2 baths since we do not need a tub), lots of windows and natural light. "Bonus extras" would be an extra room that could be an office/library type space. Should the place actually have 4 bedrooms, maybe one could be sound proofed at least somewhat so that Dad could play away at any time on his piano or listen more loudly to his beloved classical music which I admit to not caring for. I'd love to have either a small screened in porch or sun room type space. But not picky! Honestly a little more space, safer location with again true safe heating, would be beyond a Blessing indeed.

I would absolutely establish some type of charitable fund and use some of the winnings to make more easily possible getting the faith book project published/printed.

Umm, i only play the lottery once every 3 years or so, but did buy a ticket this past Sunday, i had 2 numbers, but in different rows. Charity , of course, foster kids, blessings in a backpack
then beside the build a new home, 3 beach condos, so all my extended family could come stay for free at the same time, Then i could let old teacher friends bring their families to stay too.

i would go through the local grocery store and buy every employee new tires for their cars
tires ?? Yeah i know, boring. But sadly i often see a car broken down on the side road or hear people complain, about how expensive tires are, yeah they can be $400-$800 for a new set. But your safety and those of your kids is important

thanks for a fun QOTD , lynstch

Happy Friday. I took the day off so I am trying to relax a bit. Jasper is at the new kennel having his evaluation. He did not want to leave the car to go with the kennel helper. I had to pick him up and put him on the ground. She had to pick him up to bring him in. He is probably thinking more medical stuff. I hope he does well and has fun playing with other dogs. I would like this to work out for him and us. We pick him up between 1 and 2 so we will find out then. We went to Market Basket and Trader Joe's. Then I came home and cleaned the stove and the bathroom. The housework is done for today.

We have had good luck at most Disney restaurants. We like Skipper Canteen for the atmosphere and food. I know Tony's gets alot of bad reviews but we ate there in 2019 and had a nice dinner, good service, and I love the decorations. For quick service I like Columbia Harbour House especially the tuna sandwich. I also like Flame Tree Barbecue for the pulled pork. The only restaurant that I will definitely not go back to is Biergarten. The food was only so so. We were at a table with a family who actively ignored us. They were almost hostile about it. I felt uncomfortable. If the food were good I would try again but it is not worth it.

It is actually sunny here today but chilly, around 32. If it goes like most days it will be cloudy this afternoon.

Still thinking on the QOTD but wanted to share this fun link. Here's Bernie Type in an address and it puts Bernie in the picture.

This is what it says when clicking on that link--
Hi! If you're here, it's probably because you want to put bernie in a place. Unfortunately, the google maps API costs have spiked overnight, and I cannot afford to keep the site running (and am unable to pay what google billed me when I woke up this morning!) If you'd like it back, you can ---I edited out the 'donate link' as it's not allowed on the DIS!

Help keep this site alive!

by Nick Sawhney @nick_sawhney

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I logged into our new USPS account. It said something about 4 mail pieces (no images) in today's mail. Does that mean there will be mailbox mail today? We shall see! The off thing was that it also said no packages yet two of our Amazon orders, one that says "out for delivery" on USPS, indicates it is coming today :P

When it says no images..it usually is either a magazine or mail that doesn't get scanned. Amazon packages never show as incoming mail in informed delivery, at least they never have for me

Hugs, Lynxstch and prayers for Lily and Gracie.
Thanks Mona

Carol, I also hope the estimate goes well.

QOTD: "Would you want to win that much? And if you did, how would you take it, spread out, or lump sum...and how would you spend it? I should first say I do not gamble in any form. Dad did enter Publisher's Clearinghouse's latest contest so that would be nice! Should we somehow come into a lot of money, we would first get it safely put away! As far as what we would do with it, the biggest thing would be to begin a new home search! As I have shared, nothing "fancy" yet truly would be an extra Blessing! Probably an apartment because I think most all condos and townhouses have some stairs which we would not want, I do know some communities have ranch style homes in them that are part of a condo association. We would not want to be responsible solely for maintenance and upkeep. My top priority would be that the new place is in a little safer area has an actual secure front entrance, management/ownership takes care and time to do upkeep including ensuring safe heating/gas/A/C, etc., each year. Secondary, 2 bedrooms, 1 1 1/2 bathrooms (ideally 3/4 and 1/2 baths since we do not need a tub), lots of windows and natural light. "Bonus extras" would be an extra room that could be an office/library type space. Should the place actually have 4 bedrooms, maybe one could be sound proofed at least somewhat so that Dad could play away at any time on his piano or listen more loudly to his beloved classical music which I admit to not caring for. I'd love to have either a small screened in porch or sun room type space. But not picky! Honestly a little more space, safer location with again true safe heating, would be beyond a Blessing indeed.

I would absolutely establish some type of charitable fund and use some of the winnings to make more easily possible getting the faith book project published/printed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter