• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Love your tire and Blessings in a backpack answers, Sparkle! The backpack outreach is something the former Associate Minister at my church when she was the Children's Ministry Director years ago used to do with the kids. I would love that to once again be part of the Smile Squad Ministry idea I hope to one day put forth should that be God's Will. LOL, I need to hire a hairdresser to help save my dried out hair :D

Paws and prayers for Jasper, Snowysmom! I hope he does well!

Thank you, Lynn :) I'll share later what mail we may get!

Good afternoon everyone.
Got a fair bit of painting done, but not finished. That will happen on Monday, unless one of us comes in over the weekend and does the second coat.
Ordered the 2 credenzas, 1 file cabinet, rug & side chair I need. I need a new office chair, but I'll go to staples or wherever and sit in a few and buy then.

Nothing terribly exciting on tap for this weekend. I guess my husband will be watching those two football games - I don't even know when they are on?I guess one on Saturday & one on Sunday. Looks like it's going to be chilly...I'll be hoping for some of the snow they are talking about early next week, but with my luck it will turn to cold rain or worse - ice - instead! I'm almost to the end of the first season of the show I came across on Amazon that I like to watch when I am on the bike, so I'm going to be on the hunt for another one. For me at least, it just enables me to go further and makes it much easier to do when I can watch something. Since I started watching a TV show & using the manual setting vs. doing a ride w/ a instructor I've upped my miles a fair bit- I mean I'm not setting the world on fire by any means but at least I'm getting some type of exercise, which I dearly need.

@lynxstch, too bad it doesn't work anymore. It was pretty good. I put in my home address and the Bernie meme was in my front yard.

I've seen about 25+ different memes of him in the past 36 hours, people are very creative!

French Dips for dinner this evening, and a soak in the hot tub. I'm going to be feeling it in my shoulders after using the paint roller!

Hope everyone has a nice evening and a good weekend -

@Kirby, I'm so sorry for your loss. Much love, prayers, and peace to you and your family :grouphug:

@tazdev3225, Happy (Belated) Birthday to Wyatt! Very handsome young man!

It's been quite the week. Josh went to school on Tuesday and his teacher was back. Unfortunately his regular bus driver was not, and since our house isn't on the official bus stop list, in the afternoon, I watched as the bus drove out of the neighborhood without even coming down our street. He finally came back about 10-15 minutes later, very apologetic (and I was as well, I know unofficial stops are confusing).

Yesterday I had my doctor's appointment and for the most part all went well. I had to have a device removed and it was difficult to find, as it had migrated a little, but she got it. But of course I had to be honest about something else, which opened the can of worms, and due to my previous laundry list of reproductive issues, I have to go back in 2 weeks for an ultrasound and then a few weeks after that for a biopsy. Before I had Josh, one of the things I'd been diagnosed with was being one step away from full-blown endometrial cancer, and she's afraid it might be back. While I detest exams and getting poked at some more, and the timing is REALLY bad, my mother pointed out that maybe this will let me finally get my hysterectomy. I'm having some pain today from the device removal, though, and the doctor had sort of insinuated that having pain is a good thing, being that a lack of pain equals a problem. So I've got my fingers crossed.

For some reason, all our phones seem to default to posting the picture sideways. Someone on here figured out a fix (sorry I can't remember whom to credit) - all you have to do is edit the picture, even the tiniest bit. So hit the edit button, hit "crop" and drag the line to lose a tiny bit of background on one side or the top or bottom. Save the changes to the picture, and then when you post it, it will post in the right direction.

But it's a great shot anyway. - He is really adorable!

Not just the phones - my laptop does it as well. I have to open the photo in Paint and resize it. Just mentioning it... :flower3:

QOTD: What are some of your favorite Disney restaurants, and why? Share an experience there!
I haven't eaten at many sit-down places at Disney! I can't be bothered with making reservations so far ahead of time and it's just too darn expensive for us. But the food I have enjoyed...
I LOVE the counter-service fish place in the UK pavilion in Epcot. Even my FIL, who dislikes fish, liked it there. I love that I can actually get malt vinegar to put on it, not just tartar sauce and ketchup.
We all liked the hot dogs at Casey's Corner. I generally am not a fan of hot dogs but these are good.
The Dole Float is always a winner - I introduced my in-laws to it in 2013 and my FIL couldn't stop saying the word "refreshing" :teeth: They didn't have it when we took Josh in 2018 but they did have a citrus swirl float that was just as good (if not even better).
Years ago, when I was still with my ex - probably on our trip in '99 - I REALLY enjoyed a meal I got at the counter service in Morocco. It was a chicken Mediterranean wrap with a couple of salads on the side. Oh my goodness, that was good food!
We also liked the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre at what was then Disney-MGM Studios. We didn't want to do anything fancy and just ordered burgers, fries, and milkshakes. Seriously, you're sitting in a "car" in a 1950s drive-in - we went with the theme! And we weren't disappointed, we thought it was good. I've had better burgers, of course, but no complaints about this one either.
I wish the counter service in Mexico would bring back the watermelon juice. I've had other watermelon juices and none have even come close to what they had. Most have added sugar and it's way too sweet.
I've also found the food courts at French Quarter and Art of Animation to be decent. When we were at AoA in '18, I got an Asian noodle bowl for dinner one evening that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Would you want to win that much? And if you did, how would you take it, spread out, or lump sum,,and how would you spend it?
I dream of winning the lottery, seriously. No, I know it won't solve all my problems, but it certainly would take one worry off my shoulders. We would take it in one lump sum, because with our luck, if we decided to spread it out, we'd step out the door the next day and get run over by a truck ;) I know DH would immediately quit his job. He really dislikes working, which makes him sound lazy, but he isn't - he just really wishes he had more time to spend with Josh and doing things as a family. So he could quit his job and we could finally start seeing the country. I think we'd of course give some to my BIL and SIL, our nieces, and set up a trust for Josh. We'd pay off our bills and probably move...we could finally go to Florida. I wouldn't want a huge multi-million dollar home...I've seen plenty of condos and smaller homes that are exactly what we want. Maybe my mom and my in-laws would move with us (they don't have to live WITH us if they don't want to, but we'd be able to buy them all homes and get care, if needed). It's a lot to think about and we'd have to go slow. But it really would lift the money worries that bog us down daily.

Good Afternoon Friends :)

Our new printer came from Walmart via Fed Ex. Pleased that it is exactly the same as our current printer: Canon Pixma MG 2522. We are going to use up more ink (as long as the current printer prints) before installing the new one. Dad will double check the return policy, which is probably 14 days for electronics, first. Also grateful at how securely packaged everything was and that the small starter inks were included--we had read (when looking on Amazon at the same printer for MUCH more money) that some people did not get it!

Easyas123, good for you for keeping up with your exercise bike. I hope you find a new show! Hope the rest of the painting goes well and that you find a new comfortable chair. Staples will be the second (Kohl's will be first) place I visit post plague to get a new chair.

:grouphug:Apirateslifeforme and many prayers as well, my friend. As I said via PM, what a scary bus situation! I also truly keep in prayer that Josh's school becomes much more parent-friendly in terms of transparency about prolonged teacher (and possibly bus driver) absences. Thinking of you and sending healing and going forward prayers big time🌼

Hey friends. I had some trouble getting here. I had been getting notifications in pop ups that goodluckdog or something like that was trying to invade me and was blocked. Only happened on the DIS. There was another thread about it. Now I get a message that the connection is not secure and Disboards security had expired so I bypassed it. But here I am.

Would you want to win that much? And if you did, how would you take it, spread out, or lump sum,,and how would you spend it?
I am not sure I would want that much. I used to be afraid my kids would be kidnapped. But a couple million dollars would be ok. We would have retired, but have already done that. Probably some home improvements, DH would want another car or two and a garage, travel, pay off the kids' house and SIL's student loans. And donate to our current and former churches. I also, don't gamble, so it would be hard to win. My parents didn't gamble and my brother and I weren't even allowed to bet on things around the house, like what you would get for Christmas. My father bought one lottery ticket, once, when they first were legal in MD. He won $25 and never played again.

Good morning everyone!
@Breezy_Carol--I got the same things you did yesterday..the goodluckdog popup that brought me to another page, and the connection isn't secure. I reported both of them to Webmaster Pete. They both seem to be gone this morning, so maybe someone took care of them

Its a very cold 25 outside and very windy. They say our high today will be a freezing 32. I hope that keeps people away from Walmart and Aldi's this morning so I can grocery shop without it being a zoo. Since there's no playoff football games till tomorrow, maybe it won't be as bad as last weekend.

Hubby played Keno when he was the manager of a liquor store, he hit for $1200 one time, and it was only 1 number off from being the $40,000. That was the most he ever hit. All we got for a high on Powerball was $12. I don't really dream about winning the lottery, I just think it would be nice to have a share of it someday. Would build a new house, where everything is sparkling, shining, and always works right. Would buy cars for all the kids and grandkids (when old enough), and would travel. Would donate some to charity, and I have no idea what I would do with the rest (assuming the win was in the millions, lol)

Have a great morning everyone,,stay warm!42ccdd08215e1449df3da6bdddb919cc.jpg

Hey friends. I had some trouble getting here. I had been getting notifications in pop ups that goodluckdog or something like that was trying to invade me and was blocked. Only happened on the DIS. There was another thread about it. Now I get a message that the connection is not secure and Disboards security had expired so I bypassed it. But here I am...
Glad you managed to find a workaround. It appears that the security problem has been fixed. Something about a certificate having expired. Other people were reporting the same problem to the webmasters. Looks like that issue has been cleared up. If it happens again, please let the webmasters (specifically Corey) know!

Good morning all -

Lynxstch- agreed, I'm hoping the cold & wind keep folks home as well! I'm headed to the store to grab a few things later this morning. Half & Half, A-1 for the old man. The important stuff!

Glad to see the issues surrounding this site have been resolved. Couldn't get on yesterday evening, but no issues this morning.

I've been up for 90 minutes now, took my time over the news sites I frequent, this site and my coffee. I guess it's time I got dressed and did something productive! I'll make my husband a fresh pot of hot coffee, as he's been outside since about 5:30 , 3 hours now, and according to his texts he's a frozen personsicle!

Have a good day everyone-

Good morning.

Glad to see I could access this page this morning. I was panicked last night. I have emails for Lynn and Mona but otherwise would lose you all.

Re: personsicle. When it was this cold and we scooped the yard after the dogs, we picked up poopsicles. Almost 11 now and only 28 degrees.

Plan to go to the library to pick up some holds but that's it for today.

I couldn't get on at all yesterday also. I thought maybe it was my phone and meant to try the laptop but never had the chance. Glad things are working again today.

My SIL who is an RN finally convinced my mom to go to the ER for some issues she's been having and her appt the other day didn't offer any help. Thankfully they went, she was admitted last night and then transferred to another hospital to have surgery today. We know she has a really bad infected abscess internally somewhere but we haven't been able to get a lot of info because my dad could be there with her. They just called to say she is being prepped for surgery, she is stable and relaxed and they would call after they were done. So if you don't mind sending some good thoughts and prayers for my mom this morning. Thanks. 💗

I am also relieved to be able to access this site again! I gave up after about 6:30 or so my time last night. I am so thankful we are in email touch, Carol.

Lol to personsicles. For here and little me, it is cold right now in here. I'm going to put on my fuzzy socks.

Zero mail box mail yesterday. Big thanks to Carol, Easyas123, and Lynn, along with anyone else I missed, for sharing your Informed Delivery experiences. that was very cool and handy to at least know according to the post office we indeed had mail coming yesterday. I did get an Amazon package that was delivered by USPS by yet another new mailman who said the same thing as the mailman on Thursday night that he was hired to only deliver packages and advertising that go through the mail. Main branch post office does not answer their phone and/or we get the message saying their systems are down! Dad is going to try them once more in a few and then maybe try going there!

ETA: Your post slipped in just as I posted, AuntieMe3, many prayers for your Mom and of course for you as well, my friend. Hugs!

Please stay well and cozy friends.

Last edited:
Woo hoo! My 2 packages finally arrived. Was so surprised to see them in my informed delivery this morning. And they just arrived on my door step. One was my prize from the Christmas sweater contest DH and I entered. There is mail in the mail box but nothing worth making a special walk in the cold to get.551887

AuntieMe3.... lots of good wishes being sent for your Mom.... if you want to, how about telling us a little about her. When I am stressed, I like to talk about the person I'm worried about.

AuntieMe3 - keeping your mom in my thoughts today, hope all goes well!

Dang you guys, it's cold out! And windy. Dogs are watching Pirates of the Caribbean, Stranger Tides whilst I do housework & laundry. Grocery store wasn't that bad at all, so I was in & out and in no time. Husband is working in the barn - on what I don't know.

Crab cakes for dinner tonight...was going to make soup but decided to just take the easier route. Husband is making ribs tomorrow to enjoy while he watches The Football.

Short of putzing around the house, folding a bit of laundry and maybe running the vacuum I've got nothing else on my plate today - or tomorrow! So I think I'm going to sit down and read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter