Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. It's only 26 out, but we are going to mid 40's so we'll take it. At least the sun is shining!

@easyas123 --Have safe travels to FL. Good luck taking the pup along

@footballmouse - Glad Carly made out well at the vets. I had to laugh at the McD's cheeseburger. My niece had a dog that had to have one of those everytime they took her out.

@Snowysmom- I hope today's inspections go well.

Nothing new here. 2 of the bathroom items were delivered here yesterday. The vanity should have arrived at the store yesterday and the vanity should be there today. They are supposed to call tomorrow and let me know. The surround is supposed to be delivered here Monday, but I haven't gotten the update that it's been shipped yet. Piece by piece, it will come together.

Off to get something done, not that I feel like it. Slept on and off all night long with weird dreams.

Have a good one

bokMca1.jpg

:wave:Good Thursday morning and Ground Hog Day everyone,

I sure am so ready as always for Summer! Grateful, of course, for another day period. Dad thankfully is staying home today which always brings me added joy and gratefulness. We are expecting one package to come from Walmart and will see whether the mail finally shows up or not. No mailbox mail other than expected packages all week so far. Not much new to share otherwise. I will check back in later and wish each of you a warm and happy day!

Oh my goodness, Snowysmom to minus 7. I am officially FREEZING ⛄for you. Please, please, stay WARM. Prayers Kenny has good heating in his home! Prayers, of course, also for your workday and home services to come.
Very grateful to God extra to hear that Carly :dogdance:is on the mend, Footballmouse. Aw, thank you for treating her to McDonald’s! I love that you did that. Enjoy your TV show later!

Enjoy some FL :sunny:warmth and for me, Easyas! Safe travels and on the road today, too, my friend.

PollyannaMom:hug:, I am relieved for you that your new dryer is arriving today! Safety prayers in all ways, for you, of course, and that this new dryer brings you added peace of mind as well!

Lynn, I’m sorry you had weird dreams but am grateful you did get some sleep🛌! Also, glad some of your new bathroom items made it.

Bobbiwoz, I did enjoy the movie Groundhog Day back when it first came out. Good reminder to watch it 📺again sometime. I hope you enjoy it if you do so.

Last edited:
Round one is over. So far so good.
So glad to hear! Hope you get clarification for your DH on what he can do or rather, hope he listens. 😄

DS and wife got to Houston safely late yesterday afternoon. It rained here yesterday afternoon and froze again overnight but the major roadways are fairly clear/driveable. It's the side streets that will get you. We're expecting a change of precip in the afternoon but it's only 30 - 40%. School is open tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the sun!

DH went outside to look around and the carport roof fell down on his work vehicles. It's all in one piece, one van in holding it up. The truck that he worked so hard on to refurbish is under there. I hope he is able to get it out without too much damage. He had meant to put braces on the carport but never got around to it. Oh well........

So glad to hear! Hope you get clarification for your DH on what he can do or rather, hope he listens. 😄

DS and wife got to Houston safely late yesterday afternoon. It rained here yesterday afternoon and froze again overnight but the major roadways are fairly clear/driveable. It's the side streets that will get you. We're expecting a change of precip in the afternoon but it's only 30 - 40%. School is open tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the sun!

DH went outside to look around and the carport roof fell down on his work vehicles. It's all in one piece, one van in holding it up. The truck that he worked so hard on to refurbish is under there. I hope he is able to get it out without too much damage. He had meant to put braces on the carport but never got around to it. Oh well........
Glad to hear they made it safely, but yikes on the carport!

Haven’t caught up, just a quick hello. :wave2:

@easyas123 We drove from MA to Orlando with Toto the year my kids were looking at colleges. He was great on the trip! We had extra stops but not just for him, lol. So it took us 32 hrs instead of around 24 straight thru. We were slap-happy by the time we got there! We did wind up putting him in the Disney kennels a couple of days when he barked in the room when we were out late at the parks. (DS made the mistake of forgetting something in the room and had to go back, he’d been fine up until then!) But he had fun there, it’s like a doggy day care. (The reports we got back were a riot, of how his day was and who his friends were, etc. Other than that I had some issues w the kennel itself.) But we’ve traveled all around New England, PA, NY, etc., with him, as well, on ferries and in hotels, and he always did great. Mostly we keep him with us but if we had to leave him in the room for an hour or two we crated him. I think the first time they just learn the process, and after that they know what to expect. I’m sure you all will be fine!

@Snowysmom I think it was you the other day who mentioned skin allergies (or maybe it was Mona). I just wanted to say we’ve really never had any skin allergies with any of our dogs before, including Toto. HIs skin was beautiful and we have no issues with foods, etc. He had a skin infection (staph) which I’m not sure if he picked up at the groomer’s, or the kennel, or if his immune system, because he’s older, just couldn’t fight it off. (Grady was in the same places and didn’t have a problem.) Both the vet and I are perplexed. But at any rate, thankfully the antibiotic she gave him his mostly cleared it up. I was planning to give him another medicated bath this weekend. I might even try grooming him myself again if I have the energy. It’s not ideal as it is a long, arduous process, hard on both us and him. Grady is shedding again, too. With them it’s year round, but he was not shedding much after his last grooming. May have to do it again soon.

Anyway, that’s all the time I have! Have a nice evening, everyone! 🐥

Toto, 5am at South of the Border, eek!

80C3F361-73DA-4BA0-B2A4-78CEA934AEE3.jpeg

PS I will never do that ride again unless it’s permanent! :rotfl2:

Pea, good to see a post from you. 🙏you are doing better, my friend! :dogdance:paws and prayers always to dear Toto and Grady. It was me that mentioned dog skin allergies. Champ, he was a wire hair fox terrier, had them at times. Grandma soothed him with Avon Skin So Soft Baths. I do pray Toto feels better. So hard when our beloved furry friends are out of sorts.

Reminder, this afternoon, to tell those you love and care for that you do especially in this month of February, extra love.

I did get an expected book package tbrough the mail earlier. So far, still no snail mail in the box. Dad did try to call the Main PO Branch and not surprisingly there was no answer. Oh well. I do hope each of you found some happy mail inside your box today.

Good morning. Cold cold weather ahead for us. The temp is just going to go down today. I plan on keeping some water running in a couple of sinks. The plumber suggested that yesterday when I asked him.

The smoke detector inspection took all of 2 minutes and went well. I have the certificate. The plumber came to look at the shower. He said the reason for the water going from hot to lukewarm had to do with a flow valve in the shower head that controls how much water goes through. You get hot water at first but then the system senses less water flow and slows down the hot water. He said they see that alot in this complex. He took out the flow valve and then tested the shower. It worked fine this morning. He said the loose shower handle was not an issue. He couldn't tighten it because the screw is stripped. But he did assure me it was fine. It would cost me $1,000 to replace the handle and everything else that goes along with it. I will let the new owner change out anything as she may want something different. He only charged me for the visit, $49. I was grateful and appreciative. I bought some moving boxed yesterday and packed up another box. I figure I can do a little each day and it will add up.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning all. Cold, but not as cold as some of you. It's 20 out now, and depending on which weather channel you look at, our high will either be 21 or 27. But it's windy, so the wind chill will make it feel colder. By Monday, we are supposed to be back to mid 50's.

I have to share this picture from our paper this morning. This is our city's lame version of a groundhog-I didn't even know we had such a thing, lol!

ajax-request.php

Not much going on here. Haven't heard from Summer in a few days. Don is feeling somewhat better, but not back to 100% yet. At least he's eating a little more than he did for 2 days.

Just finished cleaning both bathrooms, and now I'm off to get laundry done, then maybe wash the kitchen floor and the rugs.

Have a great morning.

R (7).jpg

I have to share this picture from our paper this morning. This is our city's lame version of a groundhog-I didn't even know we had such a thing, lol!

Bless their hearts....that person on the right looks like a combination of every person I've ever seen up there!! :P Although in truth I'm sure some little town down here on the Shore did the same with a muskrat (before they had it for dinner)!

So much to do - all of it little bits of busy work - and I've managed to put it all off. Time to get my butt moving.

Happy Friday!:banana:

My weekend off so I'm definitely happy. Don't have anything planned but at least I'm off work for a couple of days.😴

Just cleaned the house, Mia is coming over for the afternoon.:love:

Not much else going on, guess I'll get dressed (finally) and start the day. Have a great day! :wave:

Good Morning and Happy Friday Friends🌼

Dad is doing :laundy:followed by Ralphs🛒I gave him some money to get himself a birthday treat and flowers which I hope he does. This afternoon, we will get out our birthday box of decorations and supplies. I will set out his gifts on our card table this evening so it will be all ready when we get up tomorrow. How blessed we will be indeed to get to celebrate a birthday together once again.

Snowysmom, I'm glad to hear you got good service from both the person who came out about your smoke detector and the plumbrer as well. This old building has water temperature issues for sure especially when we are taking a shower while our upstairs neighbor is taking one also. In general, both water pressure and temperature can fluctuate during a shower. $49 is sure a far cry from $1000, good call!

PollyannaMom and Snowysom, too, pipes freezing isn't an issue here. Good idea to be prepared and take precaution out there. I do remember being told if ever I was going to be on a trip for more than a few days that it would be a good idea to ask a neighbor to run the water 🚰once to keep it moving and working.

Lynn, 🙏for Don extra to feel much better! Please you don't over do it either! Thank you for the groundhog smile.

Easyas, dad and I sometimes will share that we think someone on 📺usually a Price is Right Contestant, resembles someone we know. Yesterday, dad also told me that when he initially met his tax man's coworker, he thought it was the tax man himself because the two look so much alike! It is amazing that people do look similar to one another.
Footballmouse, :cheer2:for time off. Cherish Baby Mia extra time.

Have a warm and good day everyone. I will check back in later.

Trying again today...so far so good...the cursor was jumping all over and words I was typing were getting garbled and then big huge spaces in between sentences and paragraphs. Soo weird. Still kinda happening the longer I take to post this but not as bad as the other day. Soo again this is short...so annoying.

ok....so i had to edit from my laptop because it posted crazy. UGH. Really annoying. guess I cant post from my phone anymore. :(

Anyway...not much happening here. Going to our friends for dinner tonight but I'm making dinner, I'm making that million dollar spaghetti. It's so good and they've never had it. Probably make some garlic bread and I'll ask my friend to make a salad.

Dollys been good, training is going well and she's learning to entertain herself when I'm trying to do stuff. We got to see the baby on Sunday. She's so cute.

Tried to add pictures of Dolly and DH and the baby and it didn't work...so this is it for now. Really annoying.

hope you all have a great day

Last edited:
@PollyannaMom I put on the cold water a trickle. The idea is to keep the water moving a bit. I do have a heated utility closet so I should be OK but with this brutal cold and wind I want to be doubly sure.

I got to walk 3 times today so happy about that. I wanted to do my 4th walk but the real feel temp is -4. I will walk as long as it is above 5 degrees real feel. I just take a shorter walk at that temp.

My real estate agent sent me a package with moving boxes, tape, and a marker. It will be so helpful. It also has inserts for dishes and glasses if you want to use them but I am going to let the movers handle that packing. I will use the boxes for that heavy stuff that needs a small sturdy box like books.

Have a good evening and stay warm.

Well I managed to clean my office, clear off the mountain of papers from my desk, and even fit in a bit of employee correctment (I didn't yell but I was rather stern -) this afternoon.
Picked up cat food for the barn cats and dropped stuff off at the UPS store after I missed the UPS guy here earlier. My day is done in 30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter