• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@Kirby Hope your DS has a safe trip and a good appt.

@TazDev Prayers that all goes well with the surgery. Please take care of your ankle. You are a good grandmother for helping your DGD.

@bobbiwoz Nice picture

I miscounted the years since my first date with Chris. It is actually 48. I keep thinking it is 2022. I grew up on the North Shore of MA and there was a Chinese restaurant chain called China Sails. That is where we had dinner and then saw a bad movie called The Odessa File. Bad movie, but good date.

Kenny's court date has been postponed by soon to be ex and her attorney. It makes me suspicious that something is going on. They asked for the postponement saying they want to review things and come back to the table and hopefully be able to agree on everything before court. I am doubtful this is the real reason but if Kenny is fine with it then so be it. He is willing to let it play out a bit and the real estate prices are just going down so if they wanted another appraisal it would be lower. I am truly waiting for the time when our lives can be less stressful. We need to stop having bad or negative things going on. I definitely need some bright spots to be able to get through the days ahead.

Off to the office again today for the 2 hour meeting. Then to the dentist and then some grocery shopping. No time for walking today.

Have a good day.

Happy Hump Day!:flower:

I'm tired this morning! I really need them to send those CPap supplies. My sister and I went to a layout last night for my cousin who passed away last week. I got home at 8:00, sat down and ate some cheese and crackers and fell asleep for about 20 minutes. Decided I was still tired and went to bed.😴

Taking Carly to the vet later today for a possible ear infection 🙁. I called their regular vet for an appointment and they weren't going to get her in until next week. I went back and forth with the girl asking why it will take a week to see a dog for an ear infection, how I've been a client of theirs for 30 years, and this wait time is uncalled for. I was mad 🤬! Hung the phone up and called another vet, they got her in for this afternoon. The girl at the new vet agreed that she shouldn't have to wait a week.

Waiting to hear back from Evan to see if his soccer game was moved to an earlier time, it's scheduled for 10:30. Bailey is back to work so he's on his own with Mia at night. Last night at the game he put her with the subs 🤦‍♀️. At least since it's indoor, the subs are behind a wall and plexiglass.

I follow someone on YouTube, he does videos from Disney. He's over in Tokyo Disney now and he's posting live videos. Trying to watch them but I don't like the live feeds, I think I'll wait until next week when he posts the edited videos. I think it will be interesting to see that one, not sure how similar it is to WDW.:earsboy:

Just heard that Tom Brady is retiring (again). My son is a huge Tom Brady fan and I enjoy watching his games 🏈. I know a lot of people don't like him but he was amazing to watch.

Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning, all. Sunny and cold here.

DS and wife decided to try and make it to Houston tomorrow. We're expecting more precipitation overnight.
Safe travels to them!

Taking Carly to the vet later today for a possible ear infection 🙁.
You did the right thing calling another vet! I hope she feels all better really soon.

Good morning all

@bobbiwoz Love, love, love that picture. You all know that Figment is my absolute favorite Disney character!

@tazdev3225 Prayers for Jim that all goes well today.

@Kirby prayers for your son and his wife, both on the drive, and at the appointments

@Snowysmom :( to Kenny's court date being postponed. Maybe it's a good thing and will work out in the end.

@footballmouse Good luck with Carly at the vets today

Its 25 degrees out, going to 35. Winter is back.

My sister in law had to go grocery shopping today anyhow, and since Don still isn't feeling 100% (I think he has a touch of the flu, everytime he gets a flu shot, he gets it. I on the other hand, have never gotten the shot, and never gotten the flu--knock on wood), so I'm going shopping with her in just a few minutes. She spent 4 hours at the dealership yesterday having all the add on's they bought put on. She thought it was just wonderful that they washed the truck and vacuumed it, lol. I told her after they fleeced her on the sales price, it should be expected!

I forgot--I'll believe it about Tom Brady retiring when it actually happens. My guess is he might change his mind, yet again. I don't want to see him go, but it's his choice.

Have a nice morning everyone. More later on.
c9612a7e1f88e6b0f0cdfd9933571bb2.jpg

Happy February and month of extra ❤️Friends,

It's a chilly Wednesday morning here. I'm so blessed extra to have on my nightshirt. I'm so grateful this is dad's birthday month. God willing he and I will get to celebrate on Saturday. We are so blessed indeed.

🙏Taz that Jim's surgery goes easily and smoothly. I wish I lived closer and could wait with you in extra support. Know, my friend, I am doing just that from afar.

🙏Extra for your son, Kirby to have a good appointment tomorrow and safe, dry travels, too.
Extra :grouphug:Snowysom. Continuing prayers for Kenny and his kids along with always for extra 🕊️to you.

:hug:Footballmouse on your cousin. I'm so sorry, my friend. Extra grateful you have your sister. Carly :dogdance:prayers. I'm also glad you are getting a second opinion.

Pollyanna, I hope this finds you and your 🐈warm and well and that you did get some enjoyable new 📚at the library too.

Lynn, I'm sorry to hear Don is still not feeling well. 🙏indeed. Grandma used to have a bad reaction to the flu shot. As you know this year, my poor dad was sick twice. He did get the flu shot last year. Thank God, he is well mostly now. You and Don please take extra care today and stay warm! Love your morning pooh:picture

Dad will soon be off on some nearby shopping including to Target. Reminder that during your birthday month, Target Circle will have an extra 5% offer. You do need to add it onto your account. It's good on one in store or online shopping trip. Dad hasn't yet checked his email today so I'm not sure whether he already got this or if it will come on Saturday. I just wanted to put out the reminder to all of dear you while I am thinking of it.

:hug:to all and February new month blessings and extra cheer, too. I'll check back later.

Already home from the store, everything scanned and put away, and not even 1 yet, lol. Stores weren't as bad as I thought for the first of the month. Hear Ye, Hear Ye, a few prices have even started to go back down!!

Sun is shining but it's only 33.

We got to Walmart at just about 11, and that's when SIL remembers that their rustproofing appt is at 12:05. I speed shopped through the store, lol. We got back here, and unloaded, and they left and made it to their appt at 12:10. Close enough!

Now I have the afternoon to catch up on a few shows, write, and maybe even take a nap, lol!

:tigger:Cheers for lower prices, Lynn! That is sure a blessing surprise. Please do take a 🛌nap.

:hug:AuntieMe3, I'm sorry you're having Dis trouble :( 🙏otherwise things are brighter for you, my friend. Thinking of you.

Dad should be home soon from morning shopping and errands. I'm very glad that he will be staying home tomorrow other than taking my :car:around the block and moving it for Friday street cleaning. Have a good rest of the morning and afternoon, everyone! Stay warm!

Thank you all for the prayers. Round one is over. So far so good. I am not happy that I was not allowed back with him in recovery when they gave him instructions for the post op care. The paperwork says no bending or lifting anything over 15 lbs. He swears they said he can lift the dog and she is a bit more than that and small so you have to bend down to get her. He has a follow up appointment tomorrow so I will clarify that one. The other eye will be done in 3 weeks. Now Iknow to bring coffee with me as this place had nothing available.

We had a dusting of snow overnight. It was nice to see and even nicer that it is gone already. Dinner tonight is going to be easy since I didn't know how he would be feeling. Just having some canned soup and grilled ham, tomatoes and cheese sandwiches, I have been in the mood for the sandwiches and this weather is perfect for them.

Have a good day all.

:grouphug:Taz and praise, praise God round 1 is now beyond you both! please take extra care, my friend, and try to get some rest this afternoon!

Dad did well at Target this morning getting needed stuff. Reminds me to share that the Target Circle birthday offer is available on your birthday. I believe CVS also sends $3 Extra Bucks on your birthday, too. Birthday extras are indeed fun and much appreciated!

@TazDev Glad it went well for your DH. It will make you feel better to double check the post op instructions at tomorrow's appt.

@footballmouse Nice that Carly got an appt to see the vet. Hope she feels better soon.

@lynxstch A nap sounds like a great idea!

We had a nice catered lunch after our long meeting at work. Chipotle food. I haven't had that in a long time. Most of my dept ate lunch at our desks as it is the first week of the month and we are very busy. But it was much appreciated. They also got some cookies from Cookie Monstah cookie shop. I had the caramel one and it was so good. Now I have to be good the rest of the day after that treat.

Have a good evening.

Good Morning. A chilly morning here but not as cold as it is going to get. It is 21 now but at least going up to the low 30s. I am finishing grocery shopping today so I can stay out of the cold tomorrow. I am going to Kenny's on Saturday but I will be going from garage to garage. We are going out to dinner. I think the coldest is supposed to be over night on Friday (-7) and on Saturday morning. I do have a haircut appt Saturday morning which I plan to still go to.

Off to work. The smoke detector inspector is coming as well as the plumber. Busy morning.

Have a good day.

Good Thursday morning!:cold:

Carly's vet appointment went well :dog:. She has a yeast infection in her right ear. I knew it was some kind of infection. Gave her medicine and also an injection to help with the pain. It made her really thirsty all night which made her go to the bathroom a lot, and it made her kinda loopy. Keep in mind she's a 70 lb. Dobermann and she got on top of my couch and laid up there for about 30 minutes!😳 She just acted weird all night.

Just submitted my click-list order to be picked up after work. They're having a baked potato bar in the little cafe across from my office so I'm going to hit that up for lunch.🥔

Dinner last night was sushi. After the vet appointment, Carly was allowed to go to McDonald's drive-thru and get a cheeseburger for being good.🍔

Caught up on some recorded shows when I got home, didn't make it long enough for my 10:00 show 😴 so I'll watch that later today.

Have a great day & stay warm!:wave:

Good morning everyone. Up & going first thing today, in the office by 7 AM. I've got a bid going in and will be on the road by 9 headed to lower DE but should be back in the office by 12:30 or 1 PM.
It's chilly out, and cloudy. Good day to drive-

Round one is over. So far so good.
Glad the first part went well. Hope his recovery goes smoothly
Off to work. The smoke detector inspector is coming as well as the plumber. Busy morning.
Good luck with your inspections.

Looks like we are headed to FL on Saturday, and taking the Holy Terror....She Who Must Not be Named, or as my husband calls her Daddy's Precious Baby :rotfl: We waffled back & forth on if we would take her or not, but we got a smaller dog so she could travel with us and we've got to pull the band aid off eventually with this little experiment. So it's happening. I'm not terribly stressed out about it, I think she'll do okay. It just adds an extra layer of planning and a little less spontaneity to our days. She does good in a vehicle - mind you, a hour in the car now and again is far different from 16 +hours in the car over two days. At least a lot more places are dog friendly these days. Anyhow - so we are driving, not my preferred way to going to Florida BUT we are taking a bunch of stuff down to my folks place down there than they had up here. And any excuse to get out of town for a few days works for me!!! We've got a Excursion Max (borrowed from my SIL, I can't wait for mine to come in later this spring!) packed to the gills, but it looks like my husband has packed it like he was laying bricks or playing jenga, and everything seems to just fit without us needing to take one of the trailers, or even the hitch & haul. We don't have a planned location to stop for the night, we will see how we feel by about 6 or 7 PM. We are leaving around 4 AM - we have zero problems getting up early and driving but neither of us can stand to drive late into the night. Plus, with the pup in tow, we have to account for more stops and whatnot. Anyone do long drives w/ a dog who has any tips or recommendations? I'm not going to give her to much to eat, we will take longer & more frequent breaks to walk/go potty/stretch her legs. We carved out a spot for her crate so she will have her familiar spot to retreat to. I've got all her supplies/toys/bowls ready to pack. I've got a pharmacy of dog meds at my disposal, although I don't think she'll need anything for anxiety.

Paid $5.99 for a dozen eggs at a Walmart in MD yesterday. It was weird, I saw several people with 4 or 6 dozen in their carts (there wasn't a ton of inventory, but there was plenty enough) as if they wouldn't be able to get their hands on eggs again anytime soon! I'll tell you what I've been noticing is MIA of late - half & half. I like to get basic, simple Land of Lakes half & half and it's often no where to be found, but neither is the store brand or any other brand. I do fully admit to picking up a extra pint if I find my preferred brand. There seems to be plenty of the flavored stuff though.

I've got dinner planned out for tonight and Friday night - I take & bake pizza and some chicken & lentil soup. My niece is coming to stay at the house with out other dog, and I've stocked up on all of her requested groceries (we pay her $$$ plus whatever food she wants me to pick up for her) and I'm just trying to eat up the last of the meals I have in the freezer. I've never made chicken soup with lentils - I don't usually care for beans in anything but I can do lentils since they are so small. When I made the soup my father was up here so I gave him the option of rice, noodles and/or lentils and that is what he picked. I put the leftovers in the freezer - I think it will be good. I have a bag salad that needs to be eaten as well.

I need to get moving, talk later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter