Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

Hello! I have never run a RunDisney race before, but we’re taking our family trip in February for the first time, heading home on 2/25.

I would most like to run the 10K (assuming I’m able to register!), but any advice if I’d likely be able to finish, get back to AKL Kidani, and shower before check-out time? I know the race starts at 5, but I’m not sure how long it takes to get through the finish line area, etc. If it’s going to be too tight, I’ll try to register for the 5K on Friday instead.

Thanks!

Hello! I have never run a RunDisney race before, but we’re taking our family trip in February for the first time, heading home on 2/25.

I would most like to run the 10K (assuming I’m able to register!), but any advice if I’d likely be able to finish, get back to AKL Kidani, and shower before check-out time? I know the race starts at 5, but I’m not sure how long it takes to get through the finish line area, etc. If it’s going to be too tight, I’ll try to register for the 5K on Friday instead.

Thanks!
Depends on when you start, how fast you run and how fast you can get ready. Check out time is at 10 am, yes? Assuming you start running around 5:45 (which would be near the end) and run a 16:00/mile pace, you are looking at a finish time before 7:30 am. That gives you 2.5 hours to collect your medal, banana and box of salty cheese, get on a bus and go back to the hotel. I think that's doable.

Depends on when you start, how fast you run and how fast you can get ready. Check out time is at 10 am, yes? Assuming you start running around 5:45 (which would be near the end) and run a 16:00/mile pace, you are looking at a finish time before 7:30 am. That gives you 2.5 hours to collect your medal, banana and box of salty cheese, get on a bus and go back to the hotel. I think that's doable.

Thank you so much!

Check out time is 11 am, not 10 am. So yes, running the 10k and then checking out is very doable.

Thanks!
You absolutely can get back in time—I did the princess half (and am not fast) this year and was back in my room at All-Star Music before 11am (I had to be out of my room by 11:30 to make it to my lunch res)

Thanks!

I've been back to my room after the 10k before my kids were even up ;)

Thanks!
Wine & Dine I have photos timestamped of us getting beignets at POFQ at 843 am we crossed the start a little after 530am and did one post race photo opp

I went back and found sell out data for 2016-2018.

Start (link)
10k on "hold" in 14 min (link) reopened at 22 min (link) sold out in 45 min (link)
Challenge on "hold" in 16 min (link) sold out in 67 min (link)
5k sold out in 12 hours (link)
HM sold out in 2 weeks (link)

Start (link)
10k on "hold" in 5 min (link) reopened at 21 min (link) sold out in 74 min (link)
Challenge on "hold" in 13 min (link) reopened at 21 min (link) sold out in ? (greater than 1.5 weeks (link) and less than 6 months (link))
5k sold out in ? (no one mentions 5k is sold out)
HM sold out in ? (greater than 1.5 weeks (link) and less than 6 months (link))

Start (link)
Challenge sold out in 105 min (link)
10K sold out in 2.5 hrs (link)
HM sold out at approximately 7 hours (link)
5K sold out 5 days (link)

Really curious why the 10k tends to sell out faster than the 5k? I would assume the 5k would sell out first, since it's open to more people (age-wise and capability-wise)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!