Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

Interested in knowing the 'out the door' final price for the Fair Tale Challenge. RunDisney says $389.09 includes the 6.6% platform service fee 🤮 but is there tax on top?

Interested in knowing the 'out the door' final price for the Fair Tale Challenge. RunDisney says $389.09 includes the 6.6% platform service fee 🤮 but is there tax on top?
according to my confirmation email from MW (which tells me how much my card was charged) the prices on the website is the price you pay. No additional sales tax.

There’s a post on Reddit right now where someone is commenting on the cost of the Princess half marathon, and any posts critiquing Disney in any way are being downvoted into oblivion. Very weird. Maybe I became spoiled by this community, but I appreciate how we are always able to both love and criticize and discuss fairly.

Since I got my charity bib, I went ahead a bought my airfare. I have credits I still need to use on United, and a couple months ago they pushed those into 2023. I'm whittling down that credit balance :P

I have no idea what to expect on Tuesday, but I'm wading into general registration to try to get a 5K bib. The charity I'm working with worked through kind of a reservation system and didn't have 5K bibs available. My cousin is working with a different charity and got both 5K/10K bibs. So now... peer pressure?

Since I got my charity bib, I went ahead a bought my airfare. I have credits I still need to use on United, and a couple months ago they pushed those into 2023. I'm whittling down that credit balance :P

I have no idea what to expect on Tuesday, but I'm wading into general registration to try to get a 5K bib. The charity I'm working with worked through kind of a reservation system and didn't have 5K bibs available. My cousin is working with a different charity and got both 5K/10K bibs. So now... peer pressure?
I'm hoping Tuesday isn't too crazy. It can't be as bad as Marathon weekend registration, right? Right?

I'm hoping Tuesday isn't too crazy. It can't be as bad as Marathon weekend registration, right? Right?
Tough to know exactly. There seems to be more of a lukewarm reception with themes, and I think the MW themes really drove that demand. Either way I'll be ready with both my computers.

I don’t know. I think Princess is always popular… but I’m also curious if people who would have normally done Princess did MW instead because of the themes. At the same time, since so many people didn’t get into MW, they might be trying for Princess. My prediction is that the IT problems will be less cumbersome but the races will still sell out very quickly.

I don’t know. I think Princess is always popular… but I’m also curious if people who would have normally done Princess did MW instead because of the themes. At the same time, since so many people didn’t get into MW, they might be trying for Princess. My prediction is that the IT problems will be less cumbersome but the races will still sell out very quickly.

Same. I'm thinking the MW craziness will spill over into PW registration but not so much that I won't be able to register for the Challenge and the 5k. Right?

As we say in French, advienne que pourra!

2022 runDisney Princess Weekend Sell-out Game

Those who read my training journal know I like to play games when my races come up to make them more interesting. So I thought, let's see if anyone's interested in a game revolving around the Princess Weekend races and their sellouts. Anyone can play, there is no prize for winning, just for fun, and you don't have to play if you don't want to.

Rules

-You must predict when the first DIS person will note that a race distance sells out, and it's confirmed by others. If the race reopens at random points at a later time, this doesn't change the initial sell out timing. The sell out time will be from when the race registration officially opens to when the race initially sells out. So if the registration is suppose to open at 10am ET, but actually opens at 11am ET, then the sell out timing will be calculated from 11am ET.
-You must predict all five events (5k, 10k, HM, Challenge, and Yoga).
-I'll set the upper limit on the predictions at one week (168 hours). So if you think something is going to take 2 months to sell out, then you put ">168 hours" as your guess. I'm doing this so that the conclusion of the game will happen on 6/28/22 and we're not all waiting to see when exactly something sells out for someone to win. Ultimately we're more concerned with how quickly things are going to sell out then the longevity of the game.
-You must make your prediction by Monday, June 20th at 11:59pm ET.

Scoring
-Players will be ranked by their guess away from the actual time. No price is right rules. So you can be over or under. A person that is 30 min under on time and 30 min over on time are equal in the ranking.

For example, five people individually guess 60 min, 100 min, 140 min, 150 min, and 48 hours for 5k sell out time. The actual time ends up being 120 min. Player B and C (100 min and 140 min) tie for 1st. Player D (150 min) is 30 min away and gets 3rd. Player A (60 min) is 60 min away and gets 4th. Player E (48 hours) is 46 hours away and gets 5th.

Your place in each of the five events is tallied up to create a final game score. The person with the lowest final game score wins. For example, Player C gets 1st in their 5k, 10th in the 10k, 6th in the HM, 5th in the Challenge, and 8th in Yoga. Their combined final score is 30 (1+10+6+5+8). If 30 is the lowest combined final game score of all players, then Player C wins.

Past Data

Historical Race Weekend Sell Out Timing

Princess Weekend

Start (link)
No more queue after 21 min (link)
10k sold out in 23 hours (link)
5k sold out in 2 days (link)
HM sold out in month (link)
Challenge unknown sell out date
*5k, 10k, HM periodically open after sell out in 23 hrs.

Yoga sold out in 3.5 hrs (link). Registration was about a month after normal registration.

2021 (Presumed reduced availability)
Start (link)
10k sold out in 20 min. (link)
Challenge sold out in 23 min (link)
Half sold out in 26 min (link)
5k sold out in 28 min (link)

Start (link)
5k and 10k sold out in 97 min (link)
Challenge sold out in Sept 2019 when registration was June 2019 (link)
HM sold out in Dec 2019 when registration was June 2019 (link)

Start (link)
10k sold out in 57 min (link)
5k sold out in 10 hours (link) *Post about 1 hr earlier states only 10k sold out thus far
Challenge and HM still open 2 months later (October with August registration) (link)
Challenge sold out sometime between 2-3 months based on this and prior post (link)

Wine and Dine

2022 Race
Start (link)
No more queue after 37 min (link)
10k sold out in 39 min (link)
5k sold out in 49 min (link)
HM sold out in 30 hours (link)
Challenge sold out in 1.5 weeks (link)

2021 Race (1st race registration since COVID-19 cancellations)
Start (link)
Queues stating wait longer than 1 hr (link)
No more queue after 41 min (link)
10k sold out in 55 min (link); Momentarily at 4:15 hrs post opening, it was noted that the 10k was open again (link)
5k sold out in 6 days (link)
*All races reopened 2.5 weeks after registration (link)
*All races continued to periodically reopen.

2020 Race (Reduced availability?? or Villain theme??)
Start (link)
5k and 10k sold out in 46 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 86 min (link)
Half Marathon sold out in 126 min (link)
*2020 registration was March 10th, 2020 which was before most of the world pivoted due to COVID-19. So it's hard to say this race actually did have reduced capacity. It is more likely that this race sold out quickly due to an anniversary year in combination with the newly announced Villains theme. 2021 will also be Villain themed.

2019 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 84 min (link)
5k sold out in 8.5 hrs (link)
HM sold out in three days (link)
Challenge sold out in May when registration was in March (link)
*There were brief occasions when these races opened back up again for a few moments.

**Couldn't find the 2018 Wine and Dine thread

2017 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 3 weeks (link)
HM sold out in 4 weeks (link)
5k sold out in 5 weeks (link)
*No mention of when Challenge sold out

Marathon Weekend

Start (link)
Delayed Registration Timing until 12:30pm ET (link)
5k sold out in 24 min (link)
10k sold out in 34 min (link)
No more queue after 34 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 38 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 55 min (link)
M sold out in 67 min (link)

Start (link)
Opening queues stating wait of 8 min to over an hour (link); Timing does not appear until exact time of registration opening
No more queue after 21 min (link)
5k sold out in 45 min (link)
HM sold out in 86 min (link)
10k sold out in 5 hours (link)
Goofy sold out in 2.5 days (link)
Dopey/M sold out on 10/12 (link)
*All races periodically reopened.

2021 (Presumed reduced availability)
Start (link)
Goofy sold out in 19 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 26 min (link)
5k sold out in 26 min (link)
10k sold out in 31 min (link)
HM sold out in 31 min (link)
M sold out in 89 min (link)

Start (link)
5k sold out in ~20 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
Goofy sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
HM sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
Marathon sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link) *Can't find a specific post for this one.
Dopey sold out in Nov 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
***A few of the races opened momentarily between April and October (like 5k in August). Likely because they were breaking up unsold challenge bibs.

Start (link)
5k sold out in 8 hours (link)
10k sold out in 21 hours (link)
HM, M, Goofy and Dopey were essentially open until the end.
***A few times the 5k and 10k reappeared as they were presumably breaking up unsold Goofy/Dopey bibs.

Start (Feb) (link)
5k sold out in 4.5 hrs (link)
10k sold out in 2.25 days (link)
Dopey sold out in 2.5 days (link)
HM sold out in May (link)
M sold out in November (link)
No information found on Goofy selling out

Start (April) (link)
5k sold out in 90 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
HM sold out in 25 hrs (link)
Dopey sold out in August (link)
No information found on Goofy or M selling out

Spring Surprise

Start (link)
5k sold out in 19 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 35 min (link)
10k sold out in month (Dec 9th to Jan 10th) (link)
10 miler and Yoga still open as of 1/28/22

Again, this is for fun, and no one is obligated to play. Just kind of a way to gamify all of our anxiety about registration. If someone finds an error in the game rules, I reserve the right to change them.

I'll lead us off:

5k- 90 min
10k- 45 min
HM- >168 hours
Challenge- >168 hours
Yoga- >168 hours

I love this idea! I'm not actually registering for the IRL races, so I hope I'm wrong, for everyone else's sanity.

5k- 57 min
10k- 38 min
HM- 122 min
Challenge- 95 min
Yoga- >96 hours

I think this is a great idea. Pretty funny if you ask me. I am not trying to sign up either but this seems like fun

5k- 65 minutes
10k- 200 minutes
HM- 222 minutes
Challenge- 136 minutes
Yoga- 74 hours

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this game :rotfl2:

5k-> 37 min
10k-> 65 min
HM-> 2 hours
Challenge-> 27 hours
Yoga-> 4 days + 9 hours

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter