Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

It could be your photo is indeed actually lost unfortunately. It does happen. That said, with the form, definitely try to be as specific as possible. My photo I was missing was from the Jester Goofy character stop. My bib was visible as well as other bibs of the people I was running with. I also explained what I and others were wearing. This really helps them narrow it down.

I'll try calling later today. I just got home yesterday afternoon from our 10-day trip.

It's not the end of the world, I have a great pic coming down the castle ramp, so it doesn't really matter if I don't get the castle jump pic ;)

I'll try calling later today. I just got home yesterday afternoon from our 10-day trip.

It's not the end of the world, I have a great pic coming down the castle ramp, so it doesn't really matter if I don't get the castle jump pic ;)
Give them a call and they do an amazing job literally looking through the pictures manually to find the picture that you are missing. I was missing my daughter's and my castle pictures as well as a picture of my daughter posing by herself with the villains. The castmember had me wait on hold and found the pictures that I wanted by scrolling through the timeline of pictures based on the timestamp that I gave her around when the pictures were taken.

I used the form and didn't find it complicated. Got my missing photo within 48 hours.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I had a different experience. I submitted about 6 days ago with a very detailed description including a picture of me at that exact location (I was missing two other pictures taken immediately after that one was taken). I got no response via the form.

I contacted the phone number yesterday. I was on hold for about 10 minutes or so. After confirming my identity, I used the same description I used via the form. She found my two missing castle pictures in about 20 seconds. I didn't expect them to be terribly hard to find since I was one of the first people to the castle and was alone. So time of day wise, there was no competition for finding me in a photo. She was also able to find my villain photo after about a minute.

So in my experience, calling them was super easy compared to the form. Waited on the form for 6 days with no response vs calling them and them finding the pictures in less than 1.5 minutes.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I had a different experience. I submitted about 6 days ago with a very detailed description including a picture of me at that exact location (I was missing two other pictures taken immediately after that one was taken). I got no response via the form.

I contacted the phone number yesterday. I was on hold for about 10 minutes or so. After confirming my identity, I used the same description I used via the form. She found my two missing castle pictures in about 20 seconds. I didn't expect them to be terribly hard to find since I was one of the first people to the castle and was alone. So time of day wise, there was no competition for finding me in a photo. She was also able to find my villain photo after about a minute.

So in my experience, calling them was super easy compared to the form. Waited on the form for 6 days with no response vs calling them and them finding the pictures in less than 1.5 minutes.
I avoid calling Disney unless I have too. Thankfully thus far the form has worked for me.

As a walker who strictly sticks to the right, I wish runners would be a little more careful as well. My daughter (who is 6 months pregnant and had a sign saying “baby bump ahead” on her back) and I were walking completely to the right hand side and had runners passing us on our right when there really wasn’t enough room to do so. We were walking very closely together and a runner shoved his way between us, nearly knocking my daughter onto the pavement. We had runners cut in front of us at photo pass photographers. And in a Facebook group, walkers are being crudely compared to dementia patients. I understand runners being frustrated, but I was just as frustrated at the way some runners behaved around us.
I did 5 and 10 as awe with sign. I can’t tell you number of times I got run off course as I‘m hugging right side. I about caused one to fall over a cone because they chose to pass me on right vs open left.
Depends on just how well you’re feeling and how fast you can walk. A decent walk is faster than a 16 minute mile, which means that if you are up for the distance, you can do it walking without getting swept.
I started half but wasn’t feeling right at all, thanks heat and oncoming cold. I pulled self before mile 2 and I was way ahead of balloons, I did get off bus and go further up course for a bathroom , I just than just waited at medical for sweep bus to come

On a FB group someone said that the timestamp on pictures is very wrong. Their pictures that should have been at 6-something showed up as 12-something. Once the photopass person looked at 12 something they found it.

So if anyone is still missing pictures...

I did 5 and 10 as awe with sign. I can’t tell you number of times I got run off course as I‘m hugging right side. I about caused one to fall over a cone because they chose to pass me on right vs open left.

I started half but wasn’t feeling right at all, thanks heat and oncoming cold. I pulled self before mile 2 and I was way ahead of balloons, I did get off bus and go further up course for a bathroom , I just than just waited at medical for sweep bus to come
Sorry to hear that. But you did finish way ahead of the thousands who never entered, never started, never tried.

I'm rather late in writing anything, but we came back from Princess weekend and jumped right into a major home renovation project, so I haven't had a chance. This was a fantastic weekend for me. We drove down on Friday. We had to cancel our lunch plans at Beaches and Cream because a huge wreck shut down the Turnpike and put us behind schedule. Once we were in the bubble, though, things were good. We had lunch at POFQ and headed to the expo. It was pretty straightforward this time. The only thing I bought was the Corksicle 12 oz cup. Our friend (and her friend, now also our friend) had driven down the day before, and were already checked in. Our room was ready pretty quickly, and we had a great corner room with a view of the river. That night, we had reservations at Frontera, and then tried to get to bed early.
Saturday, we got up to see our friend do the 10k. This was her first ever, and she's 64 with multiple health issues. We were so proud to see her finish and get her beautiful medal! We celebrated with brunch at Olivia's, then got some rest. That night was dinner at Boatwright's.
Sunday, we all got up and headed out with plenty of time and buses waiting. I ran the half, as did the friend's friend, while DH and the friend spectated. I was pretty pleased with my race. I had major emergency surgery and a 12 day hospitalization in August. Since then, I had to cancel one half, completed Space Coast (mostly walking), did the half for MW (about 25 minutes faster than Space Coast), and now Princess, which was about 25 minutes faster than MW. I came in at just over three hours, feeling pretty good. I may not ever be back to my old standard of about 2 1/2 hours for a half, but we'll see. I didn't stop for photos this time, but I enjoyed seeing the characters as I ran and walked past. Running down Main Street and through the Castle was as fantastic as ever, and I'm grateful to still be able to do it after all the medical stuff this past year.
Sunday afternoon, we had a drink with a friend in from Arizona at Wine Bar George, and then dinner at Paddlefish--both were wonderful!
Monday, we went to Blizzard Beach (had never been there, except for the dreadful marathon course in 2022). We had a good time, then got ready and had dinner at Citrico's (also a first). While we were at dinner, we had a great view of a rocket launching from Cape Canaveral.
Tuesday, we checked out of POFQ, picked up the dog from Best Friends, and got on the road home. We left earlier than usual and got home by dinner. It was a wonderful trip, and I love the medal. We are planning DL next January, so probably won't be at MW, but I suspect we'll be down for PW again. Princess was my very first rD race and first half (in 2013), and I love running it.

I'm rather late in writing anything, but we came back from Princess weekend and jumped right into a major home renovation project, so I haven't had a chance. This was a fantastic weekend for me. We drove down on Friday. We had to cancel our lunch plans at Beaches and Cream because a huge wreck shut down the Turnpike and put us behind schedule. Once we were in the bubble, though, things were good. We had lunch at POFQ and headed to the expo. It was pretty straightforward this time. The only thing I bought was the Corksicle 12 oz cup. Our friend (and her friend, now also our friend) had driven down the day before, and were already checked in. Our room was ready pretty quickly, and we had a great corner room with a view of the river. That night, we had reservations at Frontera, and then tried to get to bed early.
Saturday, we got up to see our friend do the 10k. This was her first ever, and she's 64 with multiple health issues. We were so proud to see her finish and get her beautiful medal! We celebrated with brunch at Olivia's, then got some rest. That night was dinner at Boatwright's.
Sunday, we all got up and headed out with plenty of time and buses waiting. I ran the half, as did the friend's friend, while DH and the friend spectated. I was pretty pleased with my race. I had major emergency surgery and a 12 day hospitalization in August. Since then, I had to cancel one half, completed Space Coast (mostly walking), did the half for MW (about 25 minutes faster than Space Coast), and now Princess, which was about 25 minutes faster than MW. I came in at just over three hours, feeling pretty good. I may not ever be back to my old standard of about 2 1/2 hours for a half, but we'll see. I didn't stop for photos this time, but I enjoyed seeing the characters as I ran and walked past. Running down Main Street and through the Castle was as fantastic as ever, and I'm grateful to still be able to do it after all the medical stuff this past year.
Sunday afternoon, we had a drink with a friend in from Arizona at Wine Bar George, and then dinner at Paddlefish--both were wonderful!
Monday, we went to Blizzard Beach (had never been there, except for the dreadful marathon course in 2022). We had a good time, then got ready and had dinner at Citrico's (also a first). While we were at dinner, we had a great view of a rocket launching from Cape Canaveral.
Tuesday, we checked out of POFQ, picked up the dog from Best Friends, and got on the road home. We left earlier than usual and got home by dinner. It was a wonderful trip, and I love the medal. We are planning DL next January, so probably won't be at MW, but I suspect we'll be down for PW again. Princess was my very first rD race and first half (in 2013), and I love running it.
Kudos on a successful weekend.
We were also affected by that backup on the turnpike. We wound up jumping off and taking a very roundabout detour and made our dinner reservation only 5 minutes late. We were originally going to be early enough that I could hit the expo on the way in, but would up doing it on Sat before the meetup. The wait for my bib was measured in nanoseconds. No real wait for buying merch either. The only lines were for the photo ops at the expo and where the merch is. I did manage a no-wait photo with Cinderella's carriage and footmen outside of WWS. I am bummed about missing a rocket launch. 57 years, and I still have yet to be down there, and looking in the right direction...

Sorry to hear that. But you did finish way ahead of the thousands who never entered, never started, never tried.
A very late follow-up to prior posts about race photos. @DopeyBadger did a fantastic job with photoshopping my Castle jump photo and removing the person running behind me. Thank you!

I just wanted to share what is now one of my favorite race photos.

And if you don't see me too much on here for a bit, it is because I'm using his plan to train for the MCM this fall.

Attachments

• Andrew castle.jpg
    Andrew castle.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 26
While I was at Springtime, runDisney sent me a replacement Fairytale Challenge medal after mine was pretty beat up. I am glad they did this and I hope they learn from these medals for the future.

Any reports of problems with the Springtime Surprise medals? Mine all seem to be doing ok so far. I did see that someone's 10k door fell off.

ETA - I see that I posted this in the Princess thread instead, oops. Sorry, no coffee yet.

Any reports of problems with the Springtime Surprise medals? Mine all seem to be doing ok so far. I did see that someone's 10k door fell off.

ETA - I see that I posted this in the Princess thread instead, oops. Sorry, no coffee yet.
Yes, I did see problems with those but mostly with either the door or the challenge spinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter