Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

Here is the alternate moana & Cinderella key art… both Jasmine variants were posted above and both RunDisney instagrams I follow posted the same Belle image so idk if there is an alternate one (possibly with beast?) floating around the web

Attachments

• EF26D23D-D06E-4D4F-9BA5-B3FB806B05A4.jpeg
    EF26D23D-D06E-4D4F-9BA5-B3FB806B05A4.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 7
  • E758BA6C-58E5-4FB2-A5CB-0D9963A151F6.jpeg
    E758BA6C-58E5-4FB2-A5CB-0D9963A151F6.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 7
Are all the races really starting at 5:00 am? Yikes
I try to be on the 3:00 am bus every race day. My anxiety would be awful if I tried to get on a later one. Downside to my strategy is then you just end up waiting in or around the corrals for a couple hours.

Oh no... I thought MW23 was going to satisfy my rD fix for a couple years. But now realizing PW23 is an anniversary year and the artwork looks pretty (and I could potentially stress less about doing all the things over marathon weekend).

What does it being an anniversary year actually change, except more FOMO?
THIS. I remember all of the insisting that the medals for MW this year would be AH-MAZING because it was an anniversary year (for WDW itself and the half.) And they were nice. I like them. But all they did was follow the iridescent theme with the coating that caused a lot of complaining about peeling, and there was a donald luggage tag for everyone who ran the half. Maybe they WERE actually amazing, compared to other years? I don't have anything but the Princess2021 medals to compare them do and one isn't any more overwhelming than the other in appearance. So IDK. Is the luggage tag worth the FOMO?

THIS. I remember all of the insisting that the medals for MW this year would be AH-MAZING because it was an anniversary year (for WDW itself and the half.) And they were nice. I like them. But all they did was follow the iridescent theme with the coating that caused a lot of complaining about peeling, and there was a donald luggage tag for everyone who ran the half. Maybe they WERE actually amazing, compared to other years? I don't have anything but the Princess2021 medals to compare them do and one isn't any more overwhelming than the other in appearance. So IDK. Is the luggage tag worth the FOMO?
I think the medals tend to be nicer for anniversaries, idk. Of course medal design is a matter of preference no matter what.

I seem to remember back in the old days they used to make a bigger deal of some anniversaries, like the "20-mile surprise" (which was a disappointment for many people after the hype prior to the race) in the 20th anniversary of the marathon. IIRC in the 25th anniversary there was a little special photo opportunity at mile 25. Not really relevant for the 15th anniversary of a half marathon though, and even those special things seem to have dwindled away anyway.

Maui May be on the medal he was on one of the two key art pieces released
I hope so, but I don't want to commit to registration in the hopes that he is, only to be disappointed. So I either decide I'm okay with it if it does not happen or take my chances and wait until medal reveal. Since I can only do virtual, that might actually work out.
What does it being an anniversary year actually change, except more FOMO?
In prior years, anniversary medals were often plussed up. They frequently added more color to the medal. Since runDisney has been using color for more frequently in their medals, that may not matter as much going forward.
I think the medals tend to be nicer for anniversaries, idk. Of course medal design is a matter of preference no matter what.

I seem to remember back in the old days they used to make a bigger deal of some anniversaries, like the "20-mile surprise" (which was a disappointment for many people after the hype prior to the race) in the 20th anniversary of the marathon. IIRC in the 25th anniversary there was a little special photo opportunity at mile 25. Not really relevant for the 15th anniversary of a half marathon though, and even those special things seem to have dwindled away anyway.
I think the 5th anniversary Wine & Dine gave all "perfect" Wine & Dine runners a spatula, which then turned into a joke all over social media.

I ran the 15th anniversary of Goofy in 2020 and there was a special mile marker for mile 15 and a Goofy luggage tag. I wonder what, if anything, they'll do for Marathon Weekend 2023 since it is the 10th anniversary of the 10K and Dopey and the 30th anniversary of the marathon. I also think that the 25th anniversary of the marathon was the first year they gave finishers ears to all marathon runners.

... and I forgot it's an anniversary. Another pro.
Anybody know if any "good neighbor" hotels with a really nice pool, also have some kind of race weekend package? With or without transportation to the races?

@SheHulk I’ve been getting targeted ads for Hilton signia at bonnet creek having a rundisney package that includes transportation and last checkout. But I haven’t clicked the link so that’s literally all I know.

Got the Hilton ad today and clicked it. Goes to this page: https://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/special-offers/marathon-weekends

Here are the perks:
  • Complimentary bus transportation to and from the Half and Full Marathon races. Transportation departs from the Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek porte-cochere, conveniently located adjacent to Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
  • Carb-Load Pasta Dinner options at select dining outlets on property
  • Personalized assistance from our Runner’s Concierge
  • Complimentary snacks and beverages before the half marathon and full marathon races
  • Encouragement & recognition from our Marathon cheerleaders…even at 3 am!
  • A Welcome Runner’s Gift
They have a few additional perks during Marathon Weekend, like 2pm late checkout and a savings card, but it appears to only be during MW. They do have Princess listed:

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend – February 23 – 26, 2023

• Book now through August 31, 2022 – Save 20%
  • Book September 1, 2022 – December 26, 2022 – Save 15%

Complimentary race transportation will only be offered for the Half Marathon on Sunday, February 26.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 2.50.24 PM.png

Got the Hilton ad today and clicked it. Goes to this page: https://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/special-offers/marathon-weekends

Here are the perks:
  • Complimentary bus transportation to and from the Half and Full Marathon races. Transportation departs from the Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek porte-cochere, conveniently located adjacent to Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
  • Carb-Load Pasta Dinner options at select dining outlets on property
  • Personalized assistance from our Runner’s Concierge
  • Complimentary snacks and beverages before the half marathon and full marathon races
  • Encouragement & recognition from our Marathon cheerleaders…even at 3 am!
  • A Welcome Runner’s Gift
They have a few additional perks during Marathon Weekend, like 2pm late checkout and a savings card, but it appears to only be during MW. They do have Princess listed:

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend – February 23 – 26, 2023

• Book now through August 31, 2022 – Save 20%
  • Book September 1, 2022 – December 26, 2022 – Save 15%

Complimentary race transportation will only be offered for the Half Marathon on Sunday, February 26.

View attachment 675346
The rates looked good at first, but then I checked and there is a $45 per day resort fee, $32 per day parking fee, and 12.5% tax. These fees are about average for nicer Disney area hotels, but it still irks me that they hide over $100 a day in extra fees (if you have a car).

Most, if not all anniversary races have gotten luggage tags in recent years. I have ones from Marathon 2018, W&D Half 2019, and WDW Half 2022. So I wouldn't be surprised if they continue that trend.

Officially, I'm out. My travel buddy can't commit and solo trips don't work for me (I've tried it, not my thing).
Unofficially ... Princess weekend is my favorite and I hate to miss another year. I'd want to do 5K and Jasmine isn't my favorite princess, but I still kinda want to go. So I'm torn on what to do. If I register, I might not be able to go, which means a) taking a spot from someone who knows they can make it work, and b) having to eat the registration costs if it doesn't work out (which is the likely outcome).
Decisions are hard.

The rates looked good at first, but then I checked and there is a $45 per day resort fee, $32 per day parking fee, and 12.5% tax. These fees are about average for nicer Disney area hotels, but it still irks me that they hide over $100 a day in extra fees (if you have a car).
And when I was pricing out MW, this is exactly the kind of stuff that pushed us back to renting dvc points again. It was 100% not worth the hassle of being offsite (especially for the half and full where DH won’t be with me and I’d have to either strand him at a hotel or take a ride share.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter