Pride month at Disney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not big into the instagram stuff but have generally enjoyed when Disney paints wall stuff. These are no exception, they are great! The Spaceship Earth one especially
One of my favorite photos of my DD23 was taken at Epcot in front of a Disney wall that was butterfly wings. She was wearing a groovy kind of outfit with the same colors as the wings. So cute!

To your first point, NAH

To your second points, not the same thing at all.

I feel like we are going round and round with this. I don't think a fairy godmother should be a man. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. If you all think it's ok well, I hope you enjoy your time at BBB.

Yes, Off Kilter wore kilts, that is native Scottish dress for men,
and I miss them too. Fairy godmothers are women otherwise they would be called fairy godfathers.....it seems pretty simple to me.

Also, most women don't have full blown mustaches. If they do, I'm pretty sure they are trying to get rid of them...

Yeah...so, here is a bit of history.

There is a long history of men wearing skirts and dresses. Men in Ancient Rome wore togas, men in the 14th century often wore skirts with tights underneath, European royalty are often depicted as wearing ornate skirts and makeup. High heeled shoes were originally designed for men and they wore them up to the 18th century. Skirts worn by men can be documented as far back as 1500BCE.

Trousers used to be almost exclusively a male garment but in the late 19th and early 20th century women started wearing them more and more. Some people hated this at first but you know what happened? People got over it and now it is accepted that you to see a woman in trousers/shorts.

I just need a drink. :sad2:

Me too! If the gummy bear drink has rum in it, that would be perfect.

Trousers used to be almost exclusively a male garment but in the late 19th and early 20th century women started wearing them more and more. Some people hated this at first but you know what happened? People got over it and now it is accepted that you to see a woman in trousers/shorts.

Not only did some people hate women wearing pants rather than dresses, some women were actually arrested for it!

Imagine being arrested just for wearing what you feel comfortable in! So glad we have moved beyond crazy things like that! ( /s)

Yes, it even seems to have carried over to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I'm not a huge fan of that. I don't care what they do elsewhere in the parks, but this just seems to be a little too much. Why couldn't they have a fairy godfather? That might not be so shocking to some people such as children, parents and grandparents or was that the intension?
I watched the video. Nick seems nice, friendly, and suitable for the job. I wouldn't hesitate to let this person work on my kids.

I don't really want to travel to FL, and I really don't want to go to WDW in the heat of summer, but this REALLY makes me want to take a trip there next June. It is such a positive and happy thing, at a time when there is a lot of negative news about limiting the rights of LGBTQA+ individuals.
Same here! IMG_1842.jpeg

My husband I are allies and wear these pins every time we leave our DVC villas.

Disney still caters to families. But families have evolved. And Disney recognizes this. :)
And, let's be honest, apart from being the right thing to do, many of these families have very deep pockets.

I don't know why it's so difficult for some people to resist understanding and learning, once it's explained to them, certain facts, i.e., gender identity. As a wise person once said (QFM), I refuse to debate gravity with people.

Daddy, why is that man in a dress?

Because he wants to wear a dress son

Ok.

I'm not seeing how exactly that is a big bourdon. I have a 6 year old and wouldn't bat an eye at explaining a man in a dress, a woman in pants (gasp), 2 men holding hands, a friend with 2 moms, or any of it.

I'm not sure why we need to take a month celebrate someones sexual choices. There are so many more worthy things to celebrate.
I'm going to get flamed, but I agree.

Not to poop on the parade, but I also find it funny that many are against corporate pandering, then are all for the PR stunt that goes on in June. Slap up a couple rainbows, have a sign that says "PRIDE", create a couple food items that have extra food coloring, and watch the money come in from a subset of the population that feels like a corporation really cares about who they sleep with.

Then if you wear something rainbow people assume you're LGBTQ+ when really you just like rainbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter