• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Priceline Express Deals

Any idea on if this is a Disney resort? I tried using the match google doc but only saw akl on there so not sure this is it. It has no resort fee so that leans me towards it being Disney but it also says pets allowed so I’m not sure
It doesn’t, but I did see conflicting things that the Wyndham does/doesn’t have a resort fee. It’s also not for about 6 months, not sure if that makes a difference.
View attachment 587984View attachment 587985
It’s the Wyndham Grand Orlando. The room types match, as does the hint that someone recently got the Wyndham Grand Orlando with this Express Deal.

It doesn’t, but I did see conflicting things that the Wyndham does/doesn’t have a resort fee. It’s also not for about 6 months, not sure if that makes a difference.
EDIT: When I started this reply, the previous ones saying it was Wyndham weren't in the thread. Guess my page needed a refresh. Leaving this long-winded response in place in case it helps anyone else with the concepts later. :)

Not sure how you only got AKL on the resort matcher sheet - 4* 8-guest resorts are the most common rating in Bonnet Creek. Did you enter a review count of 300, by chance? (See results table at bottom of post for reference.)

When looking these up, the number of reviews is important if the deal shows it. When I tried your dates on Priceline Express I believe I found the same deal listed as 500 reviews.

That matches up with Wyndham Grand Orlando - But, I also see that this hidden deal does NOT have a resort fee, which wouldn't normally make sense because that resort should have one for $31.50.
In the past, Priceline would regularly randomize resort fee values and leave them completely off of hidden deals even if the resort had one. Over the last year or so I haven't seen that happen much, if at all - but I am very sure that is what is going on here.

Always good to keep in mind that last time I read their terms of service fine print they say you are liable to pay the resort fee even if they don't list it. Bogus, but true. (I haven't read the terms in a long time, though.)

Good news is, we can almost always figure out the resort with all the other clues.

In this case, even if we didn't have the review count to use as comparison, there are additional clues that it is indeed very likely to by the Wyndham Grand Orlando:

When you look at a non-hidden deal booking page for that resort, some of the room type descriptions are very similar. ("Two Queen Beds - Lake View").
Also, the crossed out price on the hidden deal is $218, and the price listed on the non-hidden deal for that resort is the same.

Both of these latter clues are not perfect giveaways, but added to the ratings and reviews plus location it makes a strong case.

Also: You are not getting a 4-star Disney resort for $179 these days. ;)

Good luck!

Great info JTTNY! Just to throw you off more the rating on the JW has gone up to 4.6 with 83 Expedia reviews. I'm seeing this pop on a single night reservation (7/10) for $254 per night.

I'm also getting Coronado for $179.

Gonna pull the trigger on a PL express deal that I think is the Marriott World Center for $115. Headed to Legoland and then off to MCO for an early flight the next day.
Thanks for the heads up! JW just keeps flip-flopping between those guest ratings.
More annoying is even though Expedia powers the review counts for the Hotwire listings, the deals and the resort pages don't always sync up - sometimes for months!

I just checked HW for dates in August and Pop is popping up as a 4.4/5.

We booked it for the end of the month. We saved over $100 on our room even using the Disney sale.

Can any experts help me figure out if there are any deals for September 17-20? I am currently booked at the Pop, which I am not super excited by. I have never tried to do a surprise hotel deal....

Can any experts help me figure out if there are any deals for September 17-20? I am currently booked at the Pop, which I am not super excited by. I have never tried to do a surprise hotel deal....
Not an expert, but just a little seasoned :).

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any. (I just started looking for similar September dates instead of the August dates I was considering and nothing is popping up other than what looks to be Four Seasons and Bonnet Creek).

If anyone else is seeing otherwise, please point me in the right direction too! :)

EDIT: When I started this reply, the previous ones saying it was Wyndham weren't in the thread. Guess my page needed a refresh. Leaving this long-winded response in place in case it helps anyone else with the concepts later. :)

Not sure how you only got AKL on the resort matcher sheet - 4* 8-guest resorts are the most common rating in Bonnet Creek. Did you enter a review count of 300, by chance? (See results table at bottom of post for reference.)

When looking these up, the number of reviews is important if the deal shows it. When I tried your dates on Priceline Express I believe I found the same deal listed as 500 reviews.

That matches up with Wyndham Grand Orlando - But, I also see that this hidden deal does NOT have a resort fee, which wouldn't normally make sense because that resort should have one for $31.50.
In the past, Priceline would regularly randomize resort fee values and leave them completely off of hidden deals even if the resort had one. Over the last year or so I haven't seen that happen much, if at all - but I am very sure that is what is going on here.

Always good to keep in mind that last time I read their terms of service fine print they say you are liable to pay the resort fee even if they don't list it. Bogus, but true. (I haven't read the terms in a long time, though.)

Good news is, we can almost always figure out the resort with all the other clues.

In this case, even if we didn't have the review count to use as comparison, there are additional clues that it is indeed very likely to by the Wyndham Grand Orlando:

When you look at a non-hidden deal booking page for that resort, some of the room type descriptions are very similar. ("Two Queen Beds - Lake View").
Also, the crossed out price on the hidden deal is $218, and the price listed on the non-hidden deal for that resort is the same.

Both of these latter clues are not perfect giveaways, but added to the ratings and reviews plus location it makes a strong case.

Also: You are not getting a 4-star Disney resort for $179 these days. ;)

Good luck!

View attachment 588005

View attachment 588006
Thanks for the info!

Popping by again to see if any of the experts here see any Disney resorts for a quick stay in August. Our dates are Aug. 12-14. Thanks so much, again, for any guidance!

So I finally downloaded the app and took the advice to look several times per day. I'm seeing what I'm 99.9% sure is CSR for $168, is that a good price these days? It's for a saturday night. Just to be sure, I did the draw function but it said no hotels found, then it went away. Are there any other 3.5 stars in Bonnett creek with no resort fee and airport shuttle that are not WDW resorts?

So I finally downloaded the app and took the advice to look several times per day. I'm seeing what I'm 99.9% sure is CSR for $168, is that a good price these days? It's for a saturday night. Just to be sure, I did the draw function but it said no hotels found, then it went away. Are there any other 3.5 stars in Bonnett creek with no resort fee and airport shuttle that are not WDW resorts?
What is your date?

That’s definitely Coronado Springs. Great price.

Still trying to find a great rate on property for our dates, August 12-14. On the Hotwire app, there is a 3.5 star property that is "in Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek area." It shows up at $158 from $315 (on Expedia.) The overall guest rating is 4.4, and the amenities included show free internet, resort, airport shuttle, smoke-free, fitness center, pools, restaurants, and self-service laundry. Is that also Coronado Springs? When I look at the room types available, the choices are hotel chooses bed type ($158), standard room, king with tower view ($159), and standard room, 2 queen beds with tower view ($225.)

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I am currently booked at CSR standard room for 8 nights for $279 a night. I check in the day after Thanksgiving. I was hoping for a discount because I don’t want to pay that price for CSR and my first choice Pop Century was sold out. I believe on Hotwire for my dates I can get CSR for $175 a night which is a huge savings. I attached images if anyone can please verify this is most likely CSR. I am just very nervous because it is non refundable. Does anyone know if Disney would put out a discount for room only how much off would it might be on CSR? What other Disney hotels offer great savings on Hotwire?

Attachments

• 2F5E969B-31E6-46E1-93CE-57CC6514CD10.png
    2F5E969B-31E6-46E1-93CE-57CC6514CD10.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 5811449C-31A6-45F0-82EC-6612894622B2.png
    5811449C-31A6-45F0-82EC-6612894622B2.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 34
Still trying to find a great rate on property for our dates, August 12-14. On the Hotwire app, there is a 3.5 star property that is "in Walt Disney World - Bonnet Creek area." It shows up at $158 from $315 (on Expedia.) The overall guest rating is 4.4, and the amenities included show free internet, resort, airport shuttle, smoke-free, fitness center, pools, restaurants, and self-service laundry. Is that also Coronado Springs? When I look at the room types available, the choices are hotel chooses bed type ($158), standard room, king with tower view ($159), and standard room, 2 queen beds with tower view ($225.)

Thanks for any help!
That sounds like CSR--have you tried using the draw tool to verify it?

I am currently booked at CSR standard room for 8 nights for $279 a night. I check in the day after Thanksgiving. I was hoping for a discount because I don’t want to pay that price for CSR and my first choice Pop Century was sold out. I believe on Hotwire for my dates I can get CSR for $175 a night which is a huge savings. I attached images if anyone can please verify this is most likely CSR. I am just very nervous because it is non refundable. Does anyone know if Disney would put out a discount for room only how much off would it might be on CSR? What other Disney hotels offer great savings on Hotwire?
What amenities does the resort have?

I've found YC, GF, OKW, Pop, CBR, and CSR this year (since reopening). We just got Pop for next month for 50% off of what Disney's sale rate is. We also booked Christmas at Pop (2 rooms) and we are saving close to $1500.

Disney tends to scale their discounts for the general public. Generally, Deluxe/Villas are 25%, Mods are 15%, and Values are 10%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter