PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Can anyone tell me which would be the best Despicable Me Suite to ask for? Think West Wing is most convenient but would like a good view and perhaps a balcony?

I'm hoping to stay at Portofino for the first time in October, but DH is a little wary of the longer walk since we have 2 kids in a double stroller and our stay would fall after 6 days walking in the Disney parks. I haven't taken the water taxi in many years, well before having kids. Does anyone know if we can wheel the stroller right on to the boat or will it need to be folded? Folding it with all the junk in the basket underneath is such a pain that we always walk to and from the resorts, but HRH and RPR seem to be quite a bit closer to the parks & City Walk than Portofino.

We always take the water taxi when staying at PBR. We have had a single stroller most of the time and you just wheel it right on the boat. Go straight across once through the boat entrance and park it. Never been an issue or a need to fold it up.

We always take the water taxi when staying at PBR. We have had a single stroller most of the time and you just wheel it right on the boat. Go straight across once through the boat entrance and park it. Never been an issue or a need to fold it up.

Thank you!

Did you like Portofino? How were the club offerings?
Loved it. Kids are asking to go back for Christmas.
Club offerings were adequate for the $100 per day. Continental breakfast, maybe something hot (I forget now) veggies and cheese in the afternoon and beer and wine. Between the quick breakfast for 5 and a few beers in the afternoon we made out just fine. Desserts were not really worth the trip.

Loved it. Kids are asking to go back for Christmas.
Club offerings were adequate for the $100 per day. Continental breakfast, maybe something hot (I forget now) veggies and cheese in the afternoon and beer and wine. Between the quick breakfast for 5 and a few beers in the afternoon we made out just fine. Desserts were not really worth the trip.

I posted some pics from our stay in April a few pages back.

Just booked Portofino Bay for August, we have stayed at Hard Rock many times so we are looking forward to trying something new! Read through most of the thread so I apologize if I missed information. Did I read right that rooms don't include a fridge (bay view 2Q)? If so I would be interested in renting for a fee but would I need to reserve in advance? Can someone confirm the coffee makers are Keurig and finally is there a grab and go section in any of the stores/restaurants like at HRH for cereal, bottled beverages, bagged snacks etc?

Thanks !

Just booked Portofino Bay for August, we have stayed at Hard Rock many times so we are looking forward to trying something new! Read through most of the thread so I apologize if I missed information. Did I read right that rooms don't include a fridge (bay view 2Q)? If so I would be interested in renting for a fee but would I need to reserve in advance? Can someone confirm the coffee makers are Keurig and finally is there a grab and go section in any of the stores/restaurants like at HRH for cereal, bottled beverages, bagged snacks etc?

Thanks !
when we were setting up the sticky, we were very thorough to include information to help everyone.

the sticky does list the rooms have the pantry bar and the keurig coffee and the keurig coffe/tea pods.
click on the links for more explanation in the rooms.
you probably didn't realize we put links in to save space with all that is included in the hotel sticky.

i do go through and check the stickies for all 3 deluxe hotels to update when i am aware of changes.

please, if you are aware of a change and it has not been reflected in the sticky, send a pm to me or to schumigirl

when we were setting up the sticky, we were very thorough to include information to help everyone.

the sticky does list the rooms have the pantry bar and the keurig coffee and the keurig coffe/tea pods.
click on the links for more explanation in the rooms.
you probably didn't realize we put links in to save space with all that is included in the hotel sticky.

i do go through and check the stickies for all 3 deluxe hotels to update when i am aware of changes.

please, if you are aware of a change and it has not been reflected in the sticky, send a pm to me or to schumigirl

Ok sorry to take up space on the thread with my apparently redundant question - I must have missed that page or sentence among the pages of information. I will refrain from asking questions on this forum in the future.

Ok sorry to take up space on the thread with my apparently redundant question - I must have missed that page or sentence among the pages of information. I will refrain from asking questions on this forum in the future.
ask all the question you want to.

i only wanted to point out everyone does not have to go thru the entire UO site to gain info on the individual hotels.
when we set the stickies up, we used links in a lot of the info to streamline and get to the needed info quickly.

if i offended you, it was not my intent.
apologies offered if you took it in an offensive way.
sometimes the way things are posted might sound a little off
i know that has happened to me before and i try not to rush and appear heartless.

Can anyone tell me which would be the best Despicable Me Suite to ask for? Think West Wing is most convenient but would like a good view and perhaps a balcony?

we stayed in the west wing 3rd floor room 3351 and the kids absolutely loved the room. While it didn't have a balcony, the room had an amazing view of the harbor and water taxi!! If you go to page 4 of this link you can see a little video I posted of the room. Any questions feel free to ask :)

My husband and I are planning to go to Universal in May 2017 and we're about 99% set on a club level room at Portofino. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me about the Villa Pool. The website says there are additional amenities and upgraded lounge chairs. Are they restricted to guests staying in certain parts of the resort?

thanks!

My husband and I are planning to go to Universal in May 2017 and we're about 99% set on a club level room at Portofino. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me about the Villa Pool. The website says there are additional amenities and upgraded lounge chairs. Are they restricted to guests staying in certain parts of the resort?

thanks!

The Villa pool is great! and anyone can use it. I find it to be much quieter and much more serene than the other pools. Has great hot and cold tubs as well as a nice locker/changing/bathroom area

The Villa pool is great! and anyone can use it. I find it to be much quieter and much more serene than the other pools. Has great hot and cold tubs as well as a nice locker/changing/bathroom area

It looks really relaxing!!

Thanks for your help!!

I just saved over 200 dollars on our October stay at PBH! Yay! I booked SMSM rate back in March I think. Yesterday I saw people posting about getting a code in the email or something for PBH. I didn't get one :( So I decided to just check AP rates. Turns out there was a discount for my dates! So I up graded our 3 day 2-park tickets to APs for 30 dollars each and still saved more than 200 on the room :) This is great because we will be in Florida two other times this fall so...... :yay::yay::yay:

Hi everyone- new to Universal thread and we are branching out from Disney and going to spend part of our March 2017 trip at PBH. I am a planner, and am looking to book the deluxe room there (490 sq feet). Three questions- what are SMSM rates? When is the best time to book for spring rate discounts (prices have been same for 8 weeks now- I know its still too early), and lastly I will likley buy an AP this year- will that be my hands down best way to get the best rate at PBH?!

Thanks for any input
Martin

Hi everyone- new to Universal thread and we are branching out from Disney and going to spend part of our March 2017 trip at PBH. I am a planner, and am looking to book the deluxe room there (490 sq feet). Three questions- what are SMSM rates? When is the best time to book for spring rate discounts (prices have been same for 8 weeks now- I know its still too early), and lastly I will likley buy an AP this year- will that be my hands down best way to get the best rate at PBH?!

Thanks for any input
Martin

The longer you stay, the more likely the SMSM rate will match or beat the AP rate. SMSM stands for Stay More Save More and the saving percentage changes the longer you stay. Depending on when in March you are going, I would look to be booking in the fall with the SMSM rate and change it to the AP rate if it comes out to be better. AP rates come out about 3 months in advance and can fluctuate depending on occupancy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter