PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Thanks for posting the club level welcome letter carmelhp.
I saw the club level food pics that were recently posted by a fellow DISer, and there was some type of pasta dish for the evening offering. Was there always some type of hot entree offering in the evening and do you remember what was offered?

Thanks for posting the club level welcome letter carmelhp.
I saw the club level food pics that were recently posted by a fellow DISer, and there was some type of pasta dish for the evening offering. Was there always some type of hot entree offering in the evening and do you remember what was offered?

Yes, always rice dish or pasta dish. The pasta (usually large or small tortellini in a cream or tomato based sauce) would usually be paired with something like sausage and peppers or meatballs. The rice usually paired with a chicken or seafood stir-fry or paella. The photos I posted a few weeks ago give a pretty good representation of the hot dishes.

Quick question a friend is probably going to join us on the trip l. How much it is to add a person per night? I don't want to call and add him yet because he is not sure he will have the time off from work yet, but he was asking for pricing to see if he can afford it.

Quick question a friend is probably going to join us on the trip l. How much it is to add a person per night? I don't want to call and add him yet because he is not sure he will have the time off from work yet, but he was asking for pricing to see if he can afford it.

$25 per adult after the first 2 adults. This is up to the room maximum people count.

Perfect thank you. We have a 2 queen beds room and it was going to be just DH and I until our friend decided to come too. Can we pay it at check in or should I add him in advance ?

Thank you! I was on the phone anyway changing something else so I asked about fridges. He told me they cost $15/night. Not sure if that's accurate, but I thought I'd put it here as an FYI. :-)

So we can probably deal without the frig I guess...but hopefully there are ice machines at all floors? We can bring our portable cooler I guess and just refill it constantly with ice to keep some cold water in drinks in the room I hope.

Looks like APH rates are out for October. But the SMSM rate I booked in April is lower :(

I apologize if this is somewhere and I just didn't see it; but can anyone please give a heads up as to what toiletries, specifically what kind of shampoo and conditioner they have at PBR? TIA

I apologize if this is somewhere and I just didn't see it; but can anyone please give a heads up as to what toiletries, specifically what kind of shampoo and conditioner they have at PBR? TIA

Ixnay on the question - I found the answer. It is Davines brand if anyone else is curious. I could not find it yesterday...

We are going soon to portofino and booked club with it.
I know the rooms are all over the resort but i wanted suggestion of where to ask for a room.
I don't want to be to far from club but i also don't want an area with a lot of traffic as i am a light sleeper and if i get put next to an elevator, i'll have a hard time sleeping.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thank you.

We are going soon to portofino and booked club with it.
I know the rooms are all over the resort but i wanted suggestion of where to ask for a room.
I don't want to be to far from club but i also don't want an area with a lot of traffic as i am a light sleeper and if i get put next to an elevator, i'll have a hard time sleeping.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thank you.

Club rooms are normally issued in the villa wing which is very close to club lounge.

I am debating Royal Pacific CL or Portofino CL for a November trip. It will be my first eve trip to Universal. Can anyone tell me their opinions on which CL they prefer? Are there proteins (eggs, cold cuts, etc.) offered at either breakfast? Does anyone have an opinion on which hotel they prefer? I love Disney's Poly, but I also like GF. I have nothing to compare the Universal hotels to though, since I have never seen either one. This is only a 2 or 3 day trip. Any advice on your preference and why would be greatly appreciated. We aren't really considering Hard Rock, only the other two. Thanks!

I am debating Royal Pacific CL or Portofino CL for a November trip. It will be my first eve trip to Universal. Can anyone tell me their opinions on which CL they prefer? Are there proteins (eggs, cold cuts, etc.) offered at either breakfast? Does anyone have an opinion on which hotel they prefer? I love Disney's Poly, but I also like GF. I have nothing to compare the Universal hotels to though, since I have never seen either one. This is only a 2 or 3 day trip. Any advice on your preference and why would be greatly appreciated. We aren't really considering Hard Rock, only the other two. Thanks!
As much as my family prefers Portofino overall, Royal Pacific has better breakfast options in the club level. They do have scrambled eggs, cold cuts and cheese (as well as lot of other goodies) at the Royal Pacific. Portofino only has hard boiled eggs as far as protein. Also the breakfast options varied at Royal Pacific each day, but Portofino was always the same, which was fruit, the hard boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, toast/bagels, yogurt, granola, muffins and pastries. We always say if we could have the Royal Pacific club at Portofino Bay, we would be completely satisfied, but Portofino is still my family's first choice.

Thank you so much for taking the tome to reply! I am a bit stuck still trying to make a decision. I have 2 full nights and this is my first ever Universal visit. Disney I could answer every question but Universal I know nothing. I have hired a private guide to draw a touring plan for the 2 parks (mainly want to see Harry Potter) but I still can't figure out which hotel...It's just 2 adults - myself and my mother. More interested in soaking in the theming than thrill rides or commando park tours. May actually just spend the 1st day at a pool cabana! For a relaxing, (will have been at Disney already for 6 days by the time we arrive) somewhat restful, enjoyable stay, with good service and nice atmosphere...which hotel which you suggest? No kids in our party, just a nice time for me and my mom...it looks like you have experience at both hotels! Oh - and interesting bars is a plus! We may visit for a night cap each night!

Thank you so much for taking the tome to reply! I am a bit stuck still trying to make a decision. I have 2 full nights and this is my first ever Universal visit. Disney I could answer every question but Universal I know nothing. I have hired a private guide to draw a touring plan for the 2 parks (mainly want to see Harry Potter) but I still can't figure out which hotel...It's just 2 adults - myself and my mother. More interested in soaking in the theming than thrill rides or commando park tours. May actually just spend the 1st day at a pool cabana! For a relaxing, (will have been at Disney already for 6 days by the time we arrive) somewhat restful, enjoyable stay, with good service and nice atmosphere...which hotel which you suggest? No kids in our party, just a nice time for me and my mom...it looks like you have experience at both hotels! Oh - and interesting bars is a plus! We may visit for a night cap each night!
I find Portofino to be the most relaxing. They have a bar called the Thirsty Fish with live music Thursday - Saturday. Also, every night at dusk (weather permitting) they have a live performance on the balcony overlooking the harbor. Very relaxing to sit out there with a glass of wine and just soak it all in. We find the peacefulness of Portofino to be a perfect fit after a busy day at the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter