PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

In the stickies on the US/IOA forum just above the hotel forum.

Thank you. I'm assuming the "stickies" are the links on page 1!!?? Feeling a little clueless today.

Thanks!! Glad I'm not alone. I blame this weather in Connecticut. A week of 40 degrees and rain in May--not liking it. Any recommendations on room requests (location, view, etc.) staying club level.

Portofino question... (actually a couple) 1) how early does the ferry leave in the mornings? 2) can you walk to the park? if yes, how far is the walk?

Portofino question... (actually a couple) 1) how early does the ferry leave in the mornings? 2) can you walk to the park? if yes, how far is the walk?

Boats start 30 minutes before EE time.

Yes of course you can walk.......we walked very slowly to PB from Studios one day and took us about 15 minutes, we didn't take the short cut just normal path. It's a lovely walk and not really far at all.

Some folks cut through HRH and makes it slightly shorter, but we have never done that.

Boats start 30 minutes before EE time.

Yes of course you can walk.......we walked very slowly to PB from Studios one day and took us about 15 minutes, we didn't take the short cut just normal path. It's a lovely walk and not really far at all.

Some folks cut through HRH and makes it slightly shorter, but we have never done that.
Thanks Schumi!

Excited to stay at PB club level for the first time in May. We have stayed CL at HHR and RPR. I am aware the lounge is not on the same floor as the rooms like at HHR and RPR. Are the rooms located throughout the resort? I have put in a request for a balcony.

Would you please take some pictures of the CL food?! Thank you!!!

Thanks for starting this thread! Been trying to find CL info about this hotel!

Last edited:
Would you please take some pictures of the CL food?! I've been searching everywhere for newer pictures and can't seem to find any! Thank you!!!

Thanks for starting this thread! Been trying to find CL info about this hotel!

Page 5 of this thread has recent pictures of CL food.

Thanks! For some reason my internet took me directly to the one page...Didn't even see there were 5 pages!!! Thanks!!

You're welcome........

It is easy to miss if you didn't know........:)

P1110413.jpg

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I've been looking everywhere for recent shots! How is the food there?? What snacks were offered during the day? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your pictures! I've been looking everywhere for recent shots! How is the food there?? What snacks were offered during the day? Thanks!!

I thought the food was great. Not that it was particularly fancy but perfectly adequate and tasty. I could have done with just eating at the club but DD11 is something of a foodie and wanted to explore a few restaurants. I'll check the list of snacks (they give you list on check-in with your club key) but I remember bags of Terra chips, Doritos, Cheetos, Chips Ahoy, and a couple of other bagged items.

Does anyone know how accessible the dog area is to the rooms or if there are pics anywhere? I did search but haven't seen any. We've stayed at RPR & HRH with our dogs but this will be the first time at PBH. TIA!

Does anyone know how accessible the dog area is to the rooms or if there are pics anywhere? I did search but haven't seen any. We've stayed at RPR & HRH with our dogs but this will be the first time at PBH. TIA!
In my exploring of the hotel the pet rooms were on the first floor of the east wing and going out the exit at the end of that hall took you to a walking path with signs about cleaning up after your dogs so I assume that's the toilet area.

I have pictures from our August 2015 stay, I had posted them in a thread somewhere back in September. Feel free to use them however you'd like for this info thread. Heading back for a longer, 4 night stay this August and staying club level...can't wait!

Stayed in 3431, 4th floor, west wing, bay view room. Right over the boat dock. Just around corner from elevators, quiet, and had a juliet balcony. Just enough room for standing on, but nice. Quick trip down to the boats or walking path and the Beach pool but you had to go down to the 3rd floor then walk out to path to pool right behind West Wing.

Resort views
063-IMG_0871_zpsyowfslfq.jpg

059-IMG_0865_zpsc8ap68hb.jpg

103-IMG_1006_zps0o10ocis.jpg

104-IMG_1008_zpsq8wndf4y.jpg

Night view from our balcony
002-IMG_8958_zpsimncgffn.jpg

view straight out our window/juliet balcony
065-IMG_0874_zpsvxbolfkm.jpg

Pool
099-IMG_1000_zpsosbxtdui.jpg

100-IMG_1002_zps2eky0w3w.jpg

Thank you for offering your pics to use

I'll let a schumi move them to the intro section

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter