Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part One [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we get the preferred fireworks viewing for free. Parking Vouchers if you drive there. Arcade vouchers, Free rounds at putt putt, you can even sometimes get special free entries for up to two guests into Disney Quest. Other members here could get other offers we don't. I am sure it differs from member to member.

I got all of those except preferred viewing of fireworks from booking through Disney

Venomhatch said:
Well we get the preferred fireworks viewing for free. Parking Vouchers if you drive there. Arcade vouchers, Free rounds at putt putt, you can even sometimes get special free entries for up to two guests into Disney Quest. Other members here could get other offers we don't. I am sure it differs from member to member.

The fireworks viewing, is NOW only if you book a package with a DDP.. :sad:
We found out when trying to transfer our package over last month..

The AAA told us not to transfer it.. Since we weren't driving, it wasn't worth it..
Or it could be she just didn't want to be bothered.. (Which happens A LOT at the is branch, so I've heard)

Still was really disappointed with AAA not wanting my ressie... Maybe next time

I haven't seen this question before, So I figured I'd ask...
Internet-
I know that the parks and resorts now offer free wifi, but from reports, it depends on the location of your room how good it is. Is there still wired internet access in the room that we might plug a router into to make our own network if we end up in a dead zone?
it isn't just for the kids' gadgets, i need skype access as Dh will be deployed during our vacation, and that is our only method of communication.

Is there still wired internet access in the room that we might plug a router into to make our own network if we end up in a dead zone?

Nope, sorry, the wired connections were disabled when wi-fi was introduced. The wi-fi isn't too bad though, I got a pretty reliable 3 Mbps.

My confirmation say room type LE. What does that mean?

POR River View room, if it's the internal room booking code anyway.

Andre

Any one heard anything about the roach infestation problem? I heard about this a little while back, but haven't kept tabs on it.

caa1277 said:
Any one heard anything about the roach infestation problem? I heard about this a little while back, but haven't kept tabs on it.

Ooo please tell me this has been taken care?!?!
My DD will not sleep, if she sees one of these in our room!!

Paid in full. Funny how that makes it all the more real!!:cool1:

My confirmation say room type LE. What does that mean?

Glad this is showing as it should for you.... wondering where you see it in your comf email .... I have a comf number starts 6rb .. but nowhere in the email can I see room type...

No one has mentioned anything since the original issue was highlighted here, which was that one person reported several roaches in their room and they were moved while Disney dealt with the situation. As far as I know, that was the end of it.

Andre

After looking at many pictures and videos, we decided to stay in a perferred room at Alligator Bayou. The only thing I am worried about is lack of storage. I am thinking of bringing a hanging cloth closet organizer with shelves. Will one of these work? We are staying for 12 nights and I plan on doing laundry a couple of times. I cannot live out of a suitcase. Thanks.

Does anyone know if they offer bed rails? With 2 kids under 3 sleeping in a bed together it is a must for us!

We surprised the kids yesterday and told them that we are spending the weekend at POR before we head to St Augustine for the rest of spring break. Can't think of a better place to spend Easter than at our favorite Disney resort!

Does anyone know if there is a charge for any of the activities such as cupcake decorating? Thanks!

The fireworks viewing, is NOW only if you book a package with a DDP.. :sad:
We found out when trying to transfer our package over last month..

The AAA told us not to transfer it.. Since we weren't driving, it wasn't worth it..
Or it could be she just didn't want to be bothered.. (Which happens A LOT at the is branch, so I've heard)

Still was really disappointed with AAA not wanting my ressie... Maybe next time

I just wanted to tell you that you do not need to use a local AAA Travel Agent. You can use any AAA TA. I am in MA and I work with a AAA TA out of South Carolina. I found that I knew more about WDW than the local office so I went looking elsewhere.

After looking at many pictures and videos, we decided to stay in a perferred room at Alligator Bayou. The only thing I am worried about is lack of storage. I am thinking of bringing a hanging cloth closet organizer with shelves. Will one of these work? We are staying for 12 nights and I plan on doing laundry a couple of times. I cannot live out of a suitcase. Thanks.

Many people here on the thread suggest bringing one of those organizers so it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter