Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from AB and there is not much storage at all. The three drawers under the pull down bed are deep and nice sized but not for a family of 5. There are two shelves next to the fridge. A simple solution would be to bring hangers. Wish I would have thought of that BEFORE I went!!:goodvibes

Thanks for the info. I like to unpack everything and put the suitcases away so we have more room. We go for 12 days, so we have a lot of clothes. DH usually keeps all his stuff in the closet area (on the shelf or hanging) and I guess each kid will work with one drawer each.

We brought hangers our first trip, but we've never seemed to need them. We drive, so I can always fit a few in for some shirts for DH & I.

I was planning to use the small shelves near the fridge for food.

Last June when we were at POR we were afrade of the storage even with that in the TV cabinet. The wife purchased a hanging storage unit with 5 shelves and folded up like an accordian(sp). The area was the footprint of a towel in 4ths and each self about 5 towels high. It stored in her carry-on about 1".
Each person got one shelf and it worked great. We now have it at home for towels but it will go with us on all trips.

The resort will give you extra hangers if you need them.
We also all got hanging toiletry containers to store on the hanger rack too.

This is a great idea. I actually have two of these. I will definitely bring them. Thanks!

Buzznina- Thanks for the pics of the Royal Rooms. :thumbsup2

We are trying to get MIL to join us for one or two nights mid-trip (she lives in FL) and I just mentioned to DH that we should get her a Royal room. I'm sure the kids will have to spend the night with grandma after checking out your pictures. :goodvibes

Anyone have any info on what they will be doing to refurb the POR lobby? We are going May 20-26th and on Yehaa Bob's website it said they were going to be refurbing from April 25th to June 6th. I'm just wondering how torn up it will be and what kind of new stuff they are going to be putting in.

Anyone have any info on what they will be doing to refurb the POR lobby? We are going May 20-26th and on Yehaa Bob's website it said they were going to be refurbing from April 25th to June 6th. I'm just wondering how torn up it will be and what kind of new stuff they are going to be putting in.

It's a complete refurbishment, new carpets, paintwork, etc, etc. However I don't believe it is going to be a major change to the style we are used to, more of a refreshing and general updating. The lovely themed paintings on the walls behind the desks will be staying.

The dates on Bob's site seem to move moving around a bit, but he is referring to stuff which impact on his show times at the River Roost Lounge (part of which is being used for lobby functions during the work).

Andre

Yesterday I posted a pic of the quiet pool from our room in Oak Manor. Here is what we saw if we looked the other way when we left our room. I guess we got the best of both worlds--booked a Water View room and had both Water View AND River View. The location was perfect--close to the pool and close to the bridge to the food court.:thumbsup2

IMG_0335.jpg

yesterday i posted a pic of the quiet pool from our room in oak manor. Here is what we saw if we looked the other way when we left our room. I guess we got the best of both worlds--booked a water view room and had both water view and river view. The location was perfect--close to the pool and close to the bridge to the food court.:thumbsup2

img_0335.jpg

love it, what was your room #, was it a rgr, also were yu on bottom floor ?

yesterday i posted a pic of the quiet pool from our room in oak manor. Here is what we saw if we looked the other way when we left our room. I guess we got the best of both worlds--booked a water view room and had both water view and river view. The location was perfect--close to the pool and close to the bridge to the food court.:thumbsup2

img_0335.jpg

love it, what was your room #, was it a rgr, also were yu on bottom floor ?

Yes lfeikert, please tell us the room number the views are absolutely perfect!!!

Thanks! :thumbsup2
Carla

Yes lfeikert, please tell us the room number the views are absolutely perfect!!!

Thanks! :thumbsup2
Carla

It was a RGR. We were on the 2nd floor of Oak Manor. #9276. It was perfect! I told DH that I never want to stay in any other room again! I want THAT room every time!

Hi lisa,

thought i had pm you, not sure it went through, thanks for the room #, that bldg has a elevator yes ?

Princess with her idol. I have to tell you this story....BBB appt wasnt until 10am but she had her dress on first thing before we even left the resort. We were in line to meet the storybook princesses when we found out that Cinderella wasnt there. The poor thing was so upset that we had to leave the line. She calmed down for the BBB appt but the lip was still quivering. Her fairy godmother in training found out what happened and told the manager of BBB. The manager went to talk to the manager of Cinderella's Round Table Restaurant & the 2 of them set up a time for princess to meet one on one with Cinderella before the restaurant open up for lunch. It was only for like 30 secs but it totally made her day. They knew we were going to 1900 Park Fare for dinner and they told Cinderella this and she whispered in princess ear "I will see you at dinner" time. Unfortunately I didnt have my camera on me ....silly me left it at the resort. I wrote a letter to Disney about the experience and thanking everyone!

This is such a beautiful story you brought a tear to my eye. How did you like 1900 Park Fare?

We have been to WDW many times and only stayed at CSR and CR. Our son has autism and doesn't like change but he saw video of the headboards in the RR and said we have to stay there. We have been wanting to try a new place but you never know how that will go over so we are really excited about staying here but had a few questions.

What all can you refill your mug with. CSR was very limited only a couple of soda options. I like sweet tea and DH likes hot chocolate didn't know if that or juice or anything was an option.

How is the water slide?

Also are the RR in the buildings that has elevators? Are the RR on all floors of the buildings?

Thanks for your help we are so excited about staying here:cloud9:

Also are the RR in the buildings that has elevators? Are the RR on all floors of the buildings?

The Royal Rooms are located in Oak Manor and Parterre Place in the mansions section. They comprise all rooms in those 2 buildings and there are 4 categories to book from- Standard View, Garden View, Water View and River View. There are elevators in a central location in each building.

BTW, my DS has autism too. This will be DS and twin DD's first trip and we are staying in the Royal Rooms.

Really love the Royal Rooms. We are a party of 5 2 adults and a 14 yo and twin 8 year olds. Can we get one of these??

What all can you refill your mug with. CSR was very limited only a couple of soda options. I like sweet tea and DH likes hot chocolate didn't know if that or juice or anything was an option.

How is the water slide?

There are lots of refill choices, including multiple sodas (all Coca Cola products) hot and cold tea and hot chocolate. No juice (I wish they would add apple juice like some other resorts have done!) but there is fruit punch and still lemonade though. There's a full list at http://www.portorleans.org/mugs.php.

The water slide in the main pool is 90 ft long and quite fun, with some turns and very small dip but not too intense.

As has been said, all of the Royal buildings have elevators, but only in the central section of the building. so it could be quite a walk along the walkways from the elevators to one of the furthest rooms.

Really love the Royal Rooms. We are a party of 5 2 adults and a 14 yo and twin 8 year olds. Can we get one of these??

Sadly not, the maximum occupancy in the Royal Guest Rooms is four people. You could get an Alligator Bayou (non-Royal) room - or two Royal Rooms of course. :)

Andre

I just wanted to share one of my favorite POR pictures from our trip last week. This was what we saw when we walked out our door.

IMG_0136-1.jpg

We were in an Oak Manor RGR. I have a lot of other pictures of the room, but they are very similar to what the previous poster just shared. If there is anything else you might like to see, just ask and I'll see if I have a picture!

Wow, beautiful photo. I'm getting more and more excited for our trip in September! :goodvibes

Hi Everyone!
Can someone please tell me if there is room in a RGR to squoosh a twin size air mattress? We are a family of 5 (the little one will not yet be three which is why we 'qualify' to stay in that room, but she does not sleep in a crib/pack n play). We would really rather stay in a princess room....even if we are packed in!!
Thanks for any advice!!

I never saw an answer to this question. I have the same question only I would like to know if there is room for the single air mattress in an AB Garden View room. We are 5 and I'm sure the trundle or the murphy bed would probably be a little small for my kids. We're fine with being a little cramped as long as we all get a good nights sleep.

Thanks.

Just booked my flights for our trip in October. Holy Cow :scared1:, the flight for our family of 4 costs almost as much as the room and tickets! We could have gotten cheaper flights, but I thought direct would be best since the kids are so young. Oh well, thinking about relaxing by the pool and hanging out in our RGR makes it better :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter